[Solved]

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another NO here.
fanboi#1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JH

I feel sensitized to being cheated by companies whose main focus is bottom line and I feel like Bitwig's price scheme is exactly fair for what we get. In fact, I prefer it. I can wait and ride out some time and buy in for the updates I want.

Whereas, just to pick another example that first comes to mind, I'm always feeling a bit uneasy about Steinberg and ended up dropping Cubase as a result. A couple updates I ended up getting only to fix a work stopping bug on Mac. That was truly annoying. I felt forced to grab the new updates to keep up with the newest OS.

Another point I feel worth mentioning is that when they implemented this new price model, they were extremely generous to make sure to have a solid version for those not updating. I ended up being able to download a version with bug fixes over a month from the supposed end date for me. Seems like they are aware and considerate about such matters for their supporters. Again, I can say I feel the same from a lot of other companies...
Last edited by killmaster on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

u-u-u wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:47 pm Just one idea for the devs: maybe it would be good if one could pay a fraction of the full update price. And the update period would be extended just for the fraction of the year.

Example: you want to extend your update plan just for one month during that month after your plan expired (e.g. to get an update that came out in this time). So you'd have to pay 1/12 of the maximum update price.
Again, it's the same misconception I always see here... :dog: Don't treat this as buying future updates, treat it as paying for what's already there. For me, what Bitwig added in 2.4 was alone worth the EUR129 I paid for my plan, but if it wasn't I'd wait until 2.5 or 2.6 or whatever. Don't buy the uncertain future. Buy the features that've been added to what you have. This way you won't be disappointed.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

JunSev wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:34 pmWell, other Daws help you being creative (offering even more features) and you really don't have to pay more than 100$ yearly, sometimes just ones and future free updates, one of the best systems. in Addition I can understand the point they need support for further development, but charge 100$ for updates yearly...
You misunderstand. I'm not saying Bitwig is the only creative DAW. I'm saying that price - unless you're really poor, or something - shouldn't really be a major deciding factor for a CREATIVE TOOL!

So what that FL offers free lifetime updates?! I tried it several times and it just doesn't 'click' with me - I hate the looks, the disconnection between instruments, playlist and mixer, the rabbit-hole multi-level menus, windows popping up all the time. Similar with Reaper, which is unbeatable when it comes to features / price ratio.

I don't care if some DAW is cheaper, if I can't be inspired to make music in it! I also care about people behind the DAW and I'm willing to pay more if I share their vision and enthusiasm.

If that's what being moron is, then I admit to being one.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Let's face it: FL is horrible. If you are used to BWS.

If that's what being moron is, then I admit to being one.
[/quote]

No antic604, you are not a moron, we just strongly disagree over a matter of convenience. if it is your opinion and you find justifiable to pay that quantity of money for updates yearly, well at the end of the day is your decision and is respected. is just that at the end it doesn't look like the best model and example from a company, but is just a opinion...

jjdejong0 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:01 pm I don’t feel it’s a drama queen action. I feel we need to do more to let our voices be heard.
Our? Who has signed your petition? There is no our... there is you calling others names because they didn't agree with you.

This is a user forum. If you want to talk to Bitwig, send them an email.

jjdejong0 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:33 am
Bitwig is now essentially making you pay 150 a month for patches?!?! What the f**k is this?
I can tell you what that is.... 'a lie'
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

At the end of the day, if someone doesn't find the value for the money paid,if someone can't even differentiate between FL,Live,Bitwig etc,he/she is free to switch DAWs.

Creating petitions,letting your "voice" heard won't help.Your actions as a non-subscriber are enough.This is no politics.And I,personally,won't even consider someone's rant about something who has 10+ years of experience with DAWs and knows nothing about the core differences between them.

169USD for "choice to upgrade" is Bitwig's decision.You don't want to pay,better find another DAWs torrent.will save you even more.

OP reported for bad trolling.

[Mod Edit] I'll lock this thread since it's based on false information (monthly payment) and only seems to exist to cause offence.
Please keep it friendly around here, this is a user forum created for users to help other users.
If you have any beef with Bitwig, write them directly: https://www.bitwig.com/en/support/contact.html
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Bitwig”