Bitwig's ROLI/Seaboard RISE script seems to filter out some MIDI CC values...

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am not able to send modulation (CC#1) to a track using my ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 and the Bitwig ROLI/Seaboard RISE controller script. In fact, the track will not receive any CC# other than the default CC values defined by Roli's Dashboard. And the CC#s are assignable from the Dashboard software. This is a troubling predicament for me... Anyone know of this and have another script that works?

I can use the generic MIDI Keyboard script and send CC#s but I lose all the extra functionality of the Seaboard, so I can't really do that? I'm using several U-He synths and the modulation parameter is one of the main modulating parameter in most of the patches so its a huge convenience to be able to assign Slide or one of the hardware sliders on the keyboard to modulation!

Anyone else notice this? Any help greatly appreciated.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I'm still using Bitwig 2.3.5 (Mac)

Haha, discovered this exact problem trying to use Zebra HZ with my Rise 49 a few days ago. I contacted Bitwig about it and they said that it isn’t a bug, it’s just a feature that’s been requested and they are going to implement it in the future. For now what I’ve done is made a Preset for the note modulator “MIDI” which allows you to map a controller knob or fader to virtual knobs and transmit that CC to your VST/Device. I would suggest mapping one of the faders to a CC knob that transmits modwheel. Bitwig will convert CC 107 (left fader) to CC 1, which will then pass on to the device.

Sorry, not modulator. Note FX. You insert it at the beginning of your device chain.

Wow! Thanks so much @milesmaker!!! I completely appreciate you posting back. Can't wait to try it tomorrow. I'll see if I can make that preset myself! Glad to know there is a workaround!

does make me feel very curious what the rationale is! Seems to me to reduce the flexibility significantly. But maybe there is a good reason?

So this is how I've got it set up now. Is this similar to what you are doing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I've also noticed another weird thing. If I select the ROLI as the input device for a track as opposed to "All ins", the record arm is greyed out (and monitor icon disappears) and the track doesn't get any MIDI input at all. Is this also a feature? I can't imagine this is intentional. Think I'll but report this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The way you are doing the MIDI CC is not how I’m doing it. I mapped the faders by right clicking on the knobs and selecting “map to controller” or something similar in the drop-down menu. That way you can map the XY pad As well.

If you can’t figure it out, I’ll send you the preset I made for the device when I get off work tonight.

milesmaker wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:17 pm The way you are doing the MIDI CC is not how I’m doing it. I mapped the faders by right clicking on the knobs and selecting “map to controller” or something similar in the drop-down menu. That way you can map the XY pad As well.
Interesting. I can't get it to work that way here. Are you using the supplied ROLI/Seaboard RISE control script for your keyboard?

Yes. I can walk you through it once I’m off work.

milesmaker wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:59 pm Yes. I can walk you through it once I’m off work.
I'd really appreciate that! or pm me the preset if you prefer...

Here is how I have mapped the faders and XY pad to the MIDI CC device:

Thank you! I see! I'll try it first thing in the morning. Much appreciated. Maybe this will solve the problem. I hope. If you use u-he synths, are you using MPE or Multi Channel in Dashboard? And are you using "Force MPE" on the synth?

Return to “Bitwig”