Bitwig Studio 2.5 Released!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:12 pm So now the question is... how soon will the first v3 beta go public!!
Lol my thoughts exactly!

I think most likely early next week... but I prefer tomorrow!! hehehe

I doubt we'll see 3.0 beta before at least some refinement of 2.5, maybe after. 2.5.1... but lets hope I'm wrong. I'm one of the (seemingly) few that is mostly interested in the other small new features in 3.0. The modular instrument is cool and all, but I don't care about that when it's still extremely tiresome to deal with MIDI.

kpv wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:46 pm I doubt we'll see 3.0 beta before at least some refinement of 2.5, maybe after. 2.5.1... but lets hope I'm wrong. I'm one of the (seemingly) few that is mostly interested in the other small new features in 3.0. The modular instrument is cool and all, but I don't care about that when it's still extremely tiresome to deal with MIDI.
2.5 was a long and intensive beta. I'd bet it was to make sure everything was flushed out before the jump to 3.0. I expect no 2.5.x, but right to 3.0 beta in the coming 2-3 weeks.

Let's hope that crystal ball still has its ginger! :)
https://www.reverbnation.com/toddsilva
Ryzen 9 5950x with 64G, i7 5820K with 32G DDR4, networked using AudioGridder, Bitwig, NI, U-he, and Arturia soft synths to name a few
Eurorack system https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/432465

sagetone wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 pmI expect no 2.5.x, but right to 3.0 beta in the coming 2-3 weeks.
For sure sooner than that. They were saying hopefully in 3 weeks at NAMM. That was knowing that 2.5 still needed work. So my guess is the initial v3 beta is ready to go and they will just wait a few days to make sure there are no unexpected issues with 2.5.

I hope that's right - I'm just trying to lower my own excitement. I wouldn't be surprised if its at least another 1-3 weeks, but again - lets hope I'm wrong. :hihi:

kpv wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:26 pm I hope that's right - I'm just trying to lower my own excitement. I wouldn't be surprised if its at least another 1-3 weeks, but again - lets hope I'm wrong. :hihi:
I very much would like you to be wrong... :lol:

pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 pmI very much would like you to be wrong... :lol:
:tu:
https://www.reverbnation.com/toddsilva
Ryzen 9 5950x with 64G, i7 5820K with 32G DDR4, networked using AudioGridder, Bitwig, NI, U-he, and Arturia soft synths to name a few
Eurorack system https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/432465

I won't be able to try 2.5. out before after the weekend, but... someone PLEASE tell me that I understand this new improvement right?

- Clip Launcher: Loop length of recorded Clips is quantized to bars

Is the recorded material into the clip luncher finally quantized when recording audio or midi? I've probably spent hours adjusting the lenght of newly recorded clips to 4/4 since I starded using Bitwig... does that mean that those tiresome days are over? :pray: :pray: :pray:

That was such a big flaw with Bitwig's clip system. Lets hope they add midi/audio chase next, the clip luncher always felt unfinished without this two features and this makes it half way there! :) ..... :hyper:

PhilipVasta wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:17 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:12 pm So now the question is... how soon will the first v3 beta go public!!
Lol my thoughts exactly!
the answer: i bet in 9 month at max , then running 3 month beta and here you go another period went by ;D. but depending on how many "upgrade" plans will run out earlier it could be 6 month then 3 month beta.

I don't think they can get away with 9 months. They just made a really big hoopla over it. Then again, they jumped the gun with that once before. Maybe for Musikmesse?

kpv wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:38 pm - Clip Launcher: Loop length of recorded Clips is quantized to bars

Is the recorded material into the clip luncher finally quantized when recording audio or midi? I've probably spent hours adjusting the lenght of newly recorded clips to 4/4 since I starded using Bitwig... does that mean that those tiresome days are over? :pray: :pray: :pray:
Yes I'd like to know this too..
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

kpv wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:38 pm

- Clip Launcher: Loop length of recorded Clips is quantized to bars

:hyper:

Cool! Thanks :)
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

Oh Bitwig. <3

Return to “Bitwig”