3.2 (Beta 1) is OUT!!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

abique wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:22 pm
keel wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:20 pm No shortcut key for VSTi :(
What is it supposed to be?
Serious? Option to define shortcut key to open/close the VSTi. Like you are on piano roll and you want to do some changes, hit the key, it will pop up the VSTi gui, hit the key again, it close the gui. No need to jump between the panels all the time. Bitwig support told me that it is already in their to do list, so it will come.. Some day.. Hopefully fast :pray:

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:28 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:05 pm No mention of MIDI CC out from VST3 :(
I really hope they will implement this soon. I guess you want it for the same Reason (Rack Plugin) as I do :)
Is it part of VST3 or some underground extension?

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:28 pmI guess you want it for the same Reason (Rack Plugin) as I do :)
You wouldn't be wrong to think that ;)

BTW, seen the new Panda player? :o :wheee:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... evolution/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

So, anybody got any clever ideas for the new array module? I feel like there must be a lot of potential but my brain is not playing ball this afternoon :D

abique wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:32 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:28 pm I really hope they will implement this soon. I guess you want it for the same Reason (Rack Plugin) as I do :)
Is it part of VST3 or some underground extension?
You mean the CC out from Reason Rack VST? It's been added in 11.2 with the new MIDI Out device.
Music tech enthusiast

There seems to be a problem in playback of MIDI devices. I've got a track with Serum playing through Klevgrand Modley delay. At the moment there are just a couple of bars and it plays fine on 3.1.3. If I try to play in 3.2b1, only the first bar plays and the second bar is silent.

I don't know if this is just a problem with Serum, but I've extracted the parts into a separate test project and substituted the Modley delay for a BWS Delay-2. I've also added a Phase-4 track with the same MIDI parts (+ an octave). That track seems to play consistently. If I mess around with the Mute and Solo settings for the two synth tracks, I can sometimes get the Serum synth to be audible but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Is there any chance someone with Serum could try out the attached project in 3.2b1 and see if they can confirm my results before I notify Bitwig and XferRecords.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

carlca wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:41 pm There seems to be a problem in playback of MIDI devices. I've got a track with Serum playing through Klevgrand Modley delay. At the moment there are just a couple of bars and it plays fine on 3.1.3. If I try to play in 3.2b1, only the first bar plays and the second bar is silent.

I don't know if this is just a problem with Serum, but I've extracted the parts into a separate test project and substituted the Modley delay for a BWS Delay-2. I've also added a Phase-4 track with the same MIDI parts (+ an octave). That track seems to play consistently. If I mess around with the Mute and Solo settings for the two synth tracks, I can sometimes get the Serum synth to be audible but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Is there any chance someone with Serum could try out the attached project in 3.2b1 and see if they can confirm my results before I notify Bitwig and XferRecords.
How does it play with other vsts? like hive or dune?

Love the new mini indicators on the mixer and being able to edit file names in Brower!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

abique wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 pm How does it play with other vsts? like hive or dune?
I shall let you know shortly...

Anyone know what's that "phase" icon do on the bar, right above Remote Pages button?

Music tech enthusiast

It expands the Saturator device interface to reveal the Quiet + Loud controls - with the phase icon unchecked, the saturator just shows the graph on the left + the Drive & LP knobs.

Hez wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:51 pmIt expands the Saturator device interface to reveal the Quiet + Loud controls - with the phase icon unchecked, the saturator just shows the graph on the left + the Drive & LP knobs.
Thanks! I'm stuck at the goddamn "home office" and couldn't check :(
Music tech enthusiast

No complaints from me, thank you wewwy much Bitwig-gang :)
Steep enough slopes for ya? 8)

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:33 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:28 pmI guess you want it for the same Reason (Rack Plugin) as I do :)
You wouldn't be wrong to think that ;)

BTW, seen the new Panda player? :o :wheee:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... evolution/
Haha, yes, I got a notice, I will purchase it later this evening! :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

carlca wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:46 pm
abique wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 pm How does it play with other vsts? like hive or dune?
I shall let you know shortly...
It seems to be okay with Full Bucket Music's Qyooo, but not with Digital Suburban's Dexed. To be clear, all synths respond to my MIDI keyboard - it's just the playback of MIDI tracks that seems broken in some cases.

I also recreated my test project in 3.1.3 (the 3.2b1 wouldn't load!) and I can confirm that all synths work in that version, as the attached 3.1.3 project shows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bitwig”