3.2 (Beta 1) is OUT!!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

abique wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:07 pm
Did you see the bug notes in the other thread about the issue with VST windows opening behind other open windows? Confirmed by multiple other users.
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=543600

to reproduce:
-add a new track
-add a VSTi
-add a vst effect
result: the effect window will open behind the instrument window

psynical wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:46 pm
abique wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:07 pm
Did you see the bug notes in the other thread about the issue with VST windows opening behind other open windows? Confirmed by multiple other users.
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=543600

to reproduce:
-add a new track
-add a VSTi
-add a vst effect
result: the effect window will open behind the instrument window
Does this also happen in the Beta 3?
((( ~ )))

wavedigit wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:54 am Does this also happen in the Beta 3?
yes, still happens.

Should probably move this to the Beta 3 thread?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

When would anyone like to use EQ2 or EQ5 when the new EQ+ is available? To save some RAM? Must be very small differences..
Bitwig

krixa wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:20 am When would anyone like to use EQ2 or EQ5 when the new EQ+ is available? To save some RAM? Must be very small differences..
Well, that's why some of us had said EQ+ should be an update to EQ-5, instead of separated device. But then again we have 3 LFOs, 3 Envelopes with not a lot telling them apart, so I guess that's how Bitwig devs prefer to roll ;) :P

If EQ+ turns out to be similarly taxing on CPU (I've no idea what RAM has to do with any of this...) then I won't touch EQ-5. However, EQ-2 is still useful when all you need is HP/LP and 2 slopes are enough, too.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Hm, now that EQ+ also has a tilt option for its analyzer, I should jump in again, since this new EQ looks so comfortable and nicely integrated... :love:

I'm really liking the new XP filter in the Grid. It's got some juice!.. musical and alive sounding when pushed a bit.

Randall P. McMurphy wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:50 pm
blablablerg wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:55 pm I like that they gave the option for the tool device to bottom out. But is no one bothered by the fact that the meter of the tool device yellows at -28 dB and not -18 dB like the small meters? It makes the big tool meter kinda useless and annoying tbf.
I have genuinely always been confused by this and would love it if someone could explain this behaviour.

Would also like to know the thought process behind the separate volume and gain controls, as opposed to just having one that went completely to zero. The two controls don't bother me I'm just confused.
Yeah I don't understand it at all and it is very annoying, because I see the meter going in the red and think 'shit' while it is just hitting -18dB. I send a mail to support about this, would you like to do this too? I think the more people bother them about this, the higher the chance is that they will fix it.

SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:42 pm Yes I agree, you should be able to 'draw' across- it would also be nice (and maybe in conjunction with this) if the arp had a 'show expanded view' button as it really is a pretty decent arp/step editor and it would be nice to have it bigger...and maybe 32 steps :D
For the time being you can use mine. Just make sure your note(s) play(s) on every bar (or play with the retrigger on/off)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by M-Prod on Tue May 26, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

M-Prod wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 am
SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:42 pm Yes I agree, you should be able to 'draw' across- it would also be nice (and maybe in conjunction with this) if the arp had a 'show expanded view' button as it really is a pretty decent arp/step editor and it would be nice to have it bigger...and maybe 32 steps :D
For the time being you can use mine. Just make sure your note(s) play(s) on every bar.
Cheers :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Bitwig”