Hi, I know it might be a bit overkill
but iv got a 55 inch monitor, and would like to
get all 3 or at least 2 of the screens at once

but windows 10 or bitwig wont let me resize the screens
to be able to get a good fit

unless someone knows a trick i can use

cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I am in a similar situation and had been looking at https://www.displayfusion.com/Features/
Its a bit cheaper than ultraView but both have so many features I have not had time to compare. Displayfusion has a free version (with less features obviously) and also has a 30 day free trial of the full version. I could not see a trial for ultraView (only looked quickly though).
@antic604 do you use ultraView ?

david.djx wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:16 pm @antic604 do you use ultraView ?
No, I'm on a 15'' laptop. Just did a quick google :)
Music tech enthusiast

Microsoft themselves develop a tool for this as part of their PowerToys: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... fancyzones

I've been reading the fancyZones docs. Maybe I missed something, but I dont think it provides a way to create virtual monitors within the space of one monitor. It appears to just create zones that can be used to conveniently snap windows too. If that is the case, then I dont think fancyzones would be a powerful as displayFusion or ultraView. Both of those two can "trick" bitwig into thinking it is using two (or even 3) monitors, and therefore take advantage of its various multi-monitor layouts.

david.djx wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:24 am...It appears to just create zones that can be used to conveniently snap windows too.
Hmm, but that might be good enough. Just to test it, I switched Bitwig to Triple Display profile - on my 15'' laptop - and I could easily arrange & snap windows like that (obviously not really workable on such a small screen size):

Music tech enthusiast

Ok. Cool. I didnt realize that those multi-monitor layouts would work on a single monitor. Should have just tried it, right?
My widescreen dell monitor (still in the box) comes with its own viewport management software, so I'll also have that to try once I get a new GPU that can actually pump out all those pixels.

david.djx wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:38 amOk. Cool. I didnt realize that those multi-monitor layouts would work on a single monitor. Should have just tried it, right?
Yeah, at least on Windows it seems Bitwig's screens are just regular "windows", so simple Windows+Left/Right keys will snap them to the sides. One can also add virtual desktops for them and use 4-finger swipe gesture to scroll between them :)
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:58 am
david.djx wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:38 amOk. Cool. I didnt realize that those multi-monitor layouts would work on a single monitor. Should have just tried it, right?
Yeah, at least on Windows it seems Bitwig's screens are just regular "windows", so simple Windows+Left/Right keys will snap them to the sides. One can also add virtual desktops for them and use 4-finger swipe gesture to scroll between them :)
Interesting! I was today years old when I discovered that on the Mac, the Dual Display modes are very useful. They give separate windows which you can switch between using Cmd ` (backtick) which is a very comfortable action on a Magic Keyboard 😀
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

carlca wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:08 am...separate windows which you can switch between using Cmd ` (backtick) which is a very comfortable...
It's Ctrl + Windows + Left/Right on Windows.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:29 am
david.djx wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:24 am...It appears to just create zones that can be used to conveniently snap windows too.
Hmm, but that might be good enough. Just to test it, I switched Bitwig to Triple Display profile - on my 15'' laptop - and I could easily arrange & snap windows like that (obviously not really workable on such a small screen size):

When i try and snap the 2 bitwig windows on my win 10 55 inch monitor
it does sort of work, but i dont get a clean break between the screens
1 of them is always overlapping the other, unlike in your laptop picture where it seems you
have the full windows showing without any overlap
cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

carlca wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:08 am
antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:58 am
Interesting! I was today years old when I discovered that on the Mac, the Dual Display modes are very useful. They give separate windows which you can switch between using Cmd ` (backtick) which is a very comfortable action on a Magic Keyboard 😀
Hi! I’m on Max and I can’t seem to use the dual display mode the way you suggest? A

I setup my new 49 inch monitor this week. Even though it is possible to have 2 or 3 bitwig windows side by side on one monitor, the need for some kind of region management became quickly apparent. I have installed the displayFusionPro trial which lets you create monitor splits and save the configuration profiles so you can easily switch back and forth depending on your needs. So far I'm pretty happy with how this works and the amount of control it provides. DisplayFusionPro is very deep. Fortunately I found the docs to be well written and easy to find the features I needed to know about. I did not try the other managers that were mentioned in this thread. At this stage I'm hoping DisplayFusionPro just works and that I can set it up and forget about all the extra features that I dont need.

I think the best and most cost effective option currently is 2 x 27" 2k monitors.

A quick check has Iiyama at £230 per screen, so for £460 you get a lot of quality screen space. For that in a single screen you're looking at £1000. And £1000 per screen is a lot to swallow if you crack it somehow.

Display Fusion Pro seems really pretty awesome, and could possible even make that slightly better for bitwig - depending on how you prefer your screens.

Return to “Bitwig”