BWS 3.3.7 available

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sticking with 3.1.3 till 4.1.2 or later is about and nobody is complaining about it...
Web Developer by day, DAW tinkerer by night...

excuse me please wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:20 am Downside of the upgrade plan: no garantee on a stable (major) version when the one year contract dissolves.
This is not true, my plan ran out in January, I still get the bugfix updates until now (3.3.7). They do guarantee a stable version it seems...

EnGee wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 am Sliders/knobs are not working in keylab mk ii anymore (mixer mode)!
I think I know why now! It happened also in Cubase!

Some DAWs it seems (Bitwig and Cubase) do not allow more than one controller to use the Mackie Control mapping it seems. In my case, both Arturia Keylab mk ii and Korg nanoKontrol2 are using this. So what happens is that the last controller added will override the previous one, so that I couldn't move the sliders and knobs in my keylab after adding the nanoKontrol2. Well, just for a reference if someone come to a similar situation.
The only solution it seems is to use one controller! Or assigned different midi channels to each controller. Don't ask me how! Read here if you want further info:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-9 ... ail/676089

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 am
excuse me please wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:20 am Downside of the upgrade plan: no garantee on a stable (major) version when the one year contract dissolves.
This is not true, my plan ran out in January, I still get the bugfix updates until now (3.3.7). They do guarantee a stable version it seems...
With 'major' updates usually is meant: vers 1, vers 2.
In your case Bitwig will update until 3.4, which is a minor update, regarded in that same aspect. Sorry for not being specific (althoughI tried, I must say).
But it only strenghtens the reason of this discussion; the BWS update policy is not clear enough from the customer's point of view. It's not an opinion, but an observation based on what I read at KVR about it so far.

My point is: things should be clear at first sight. Especially regarded to software; it their business, not mine. As a customer, however, I demand clarity. It's that simple.

For me all this had been clear and easy to understand from version 2.0 at first sight... Its that simple... The confusion came with the discussions of people who didn't understand the underlying simplicity, because they had the fear that the evil forces are taking over anyway...

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:56 am For me all this had been clear and easy to understand from version 2.0 at first sight... Its that simple... The confusion came with the discussions of people who didn't understand the underlying simplicity, because they had the fear that the evil forces are taking over anyway...
...or were purposefully disingenuous. I feel this was the case more often, because it's really simple.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

As I said earlier, I don't think calling it a '12 Months Update Plan' helps- a lot of people only read headlines, a lot in second languages ...A yearly update plan could be confused with a yearly subscription so I think it is badly named...'anytime update' is better I think.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

That would confuse those who know what a Waves update plan is. But there was the same misleading discussions. The name reflects perfectly how it works... The bad guys who invented subscriptions (Adobe - no you don’t hear me its too late anyway...) for sure started that conspiracy...

v 3.3 was released on the thanks giving day,
It’s been 141 days that’s almost 4.5 months
since the last major update 3.3

The Beta for 3.x or 4 must be announced at least.

For defining this model I categorize this system per year into:
1-payment (non restrict).
2-usage (non restrict).
3-updates (limited after 1 year).

During the cycle per year,
1-Pay one time > use the software with
   no limit > free updates with no limit
   (after 1 year they will stop). 
2-You have to “get” a 2nd year model.

A model like this usually force a company to change, offset & modify there marketing plans from time to time within the year cycle.

The property in here that they are not 
under pressure this might be related to the software nature it self were more features are adapted that they shouldn’t need to work regularly on small updated with stress at fixed routine were the subscription model does. 

So BWS model is a matter of obtaining features not the software it self.

They are smart enough that they created a model like this side by side with the modularity of the software.
The time factor is also important to them specially for marketing & mid to long term plans which we call it strategy.
In consideration on how much important to compete with other DAWs in reasonable time with relaxation & maintaining there original signature build ups smooth & solid.

I think most of the time they don’t disregard us by not doing something within a couple of months or even weeks.
I mean they keep adding regular additions whether are updates or upgrades by working on systematic properties within there plans.

I never noticed a delay occurred that happened in one year from the past 
years so far. 
The features & major updates kept added 2 times per year which is fairly enough to satisfy average users. 

But I wished if they can afford 
*3 majors per 2 years or *3 years within    there cycle for example.

Concluding this,
BW model plan is more into getting not paying. 

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:56 am For me all this had been clear and easy to understand from version 2.0 at first sight... Its that simple... The confusion came with the discussions of people who didn't understand the underlying simplicity, because they had the fear that the evil forces are taking over anyway...
Plus some people purposefully tried to confuse the discussion. That happened quite often in the beginning.

It has always been easy to understand for me too.

tghyjk

Return to “Bitwig”