Sparvnätter - selling my Bitwig licence

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I'm Sparvnätter at YouTube and Ive uploaded a few grid patches. No big deal, just micro ideas. I've been on Bitwig since version 1 and since the hype before version 1. I have an active account sub til december or january 2021 2022 or something, I have to check later to be exact. Anyway I'm thinking about selling my license. What would be a fair price? Is it technically confusing to transfer a license? I've only installed it on one computer and Ive been the only owner of course. I'm not around here much but if you are interested could you please send a mail to spacetrafficATicloudDOTcom?

But would appreciate if someone could name a fair price, oh let me check how long my plan last...

It says Upgrade Plan Active Until
December 21, 2021

Take care friends!

Not sure what the going rate is- I have seen them go around $200
We are all expecting Bitwig 3.4 (or even V4) to drop anytime soon...that may help your sale (or persuade you not to ;-))
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Thanks for the reply, 200 feels dirt cheap... hm...

SpaceTraffic wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:38 amIs it technically confusing to transfer a license?
It is confusing full stop why you'd sell your license :o

As @SLiC said, $200-250 seems to be an appropriate range, especially with 8 months of upgrades still available. I (re)bought mine for $200 in Jan. I believe @EnGee has had a license for $200 in buy/sell forum.

The process itself is simple - you mail Bitwig with your & buyers data and they do the transfer, so mind the weekends & (Germany time) nights as there's a human element there ;)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

SpaceTraffic wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:01 pm Thanks for the reply, 200 feels dirt cheap... hm...
Yeh, it is Bitwig is worth much more IMHO...but that's the market.

Bitwig quite often have $100 off sales, combined with some retailer discounts I have seen it is low as $260 at JJR 'new' (whatever new means for software!) and licences seem to come up quite often (like at DAWS) here on KVR, so they are not exactly 'rare'!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Ah, then I might keep it after all... thanks for the info.

I had issues with overbridge in the latest version and I’m not the submit a bug type guy. Plus I need more color themes...

Maybe not worth selling after all?

SpaceTraffic wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:54 pm Ah, then I might keep it after all... thanks for the info.

I had issues with overbridge in the latest version and I’m not the submit a bug type guy. Plus I need more color themes...

Maybe not worth selling after all?
I doubt you will get anything as fun for $200, especially when you never know what coming and what's coming its already included! Sellers remorse is also a thing (ask ANTIC :wink: )

PS- I also have Overbridge (A4/RYTM) I admit I don't use it that often, but it was working fine last time I checked- what's your problem?

Ah, I have a digitone and a Digitakt. I think it was when I was using digitone and suddenly everything started peaking in Bitwig (all red) but no sounds, levels overloading. Happened 3-4 times, out of 3-4 attempts. I didn’t do anything wrong, I have fine templates that I’ve made and used to work. I’m on Mojave iMac.

Things like that is such creativity killer for me. Never considered selling it before.

:-)

SpaceTraffic wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 pmThings like that is such creativity killer for me. Never considered selling it before.

If you have any other DAW use it exclusively for a while.
You'll be running back to Bitwig in no time.
I know what I'm talking about :hug:
Last edited by antic604 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

SpaceTraffic wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 pm Ah, I have a digitone and a Digitakt. I think it was when I was using digitone and suddenly everything started peaking in Bitwig (all red) but no sounds, levels overloading. Happened 3-4 times, out of 3-4 attempts. I didn’t do anything wrong, I have fine templates that I’ve made and used to work. I’m on Mojave iMac.

Things like that is such creativity killer for me. Never considered selling it before.

Ah- I am on PC so can't help...everything seems to be working on Windows with Bitwig.

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:12 pm
SpaceTraffic wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 pmThings like that is such creativity killer for me. Never considered selling it before.

If you have any other DAW use it exclusively for a while.
You'll be running back to Bitwig in no time.
I know what I'm talking about :hug:
True, I could never imagine a producerlife without multiple DAWS. I use Ableton (since version 4) now in 11, and Renoise simultaneously with Bitwig and I work plenty of Dawless too. The idea of only stick to one DAW i find very untrue! After the crap with overbridge in Bitwig I opened Ableton and everything was fine again.

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:22 pm
SpaceTraffic wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 pm Ah, I have a digitone and a Digitakt. I think it was when I was using digitone and suddenly everything started peaking in Bitwig (all red) but no sounds, levels overloading. Happened 3-4 times, out of 3-4 attempts. I didn’t do anything wrong, I have fine templates that I’ve made and used to work. I’m on Mojave iMac.

Ah- I am on PC so can't help...everything seems to be working on Windows with Bitwig.
Thanks anyway. Must be a Bitwig bug since everything was fine before that update. And I did the same procedure in Ableton 11 and everything was working fine.

Yeah 200 bucks makes it not worth selling... I want a empress zoia at least! :-)

I know it’s personal preferences but as far as color theme Bitwig is the least exciting for me compared to Renoise and Ableton. It’s just a very small detail for sure. But colors always inspire or drain me... however working in grid mode only I can accept the colors... but in clip view no freaking way.

I've decided to NOT sell the license. Unless I get a Empress Zoia for it! :-)

Therefore dear admin or forum topcat please delete this pointless topic!

I hope to see more colors however! :hyper:

Peace.

I have the Digitone, Rytm and AK and have not had a problem with the latest Overbridge using Catalina. But I also don't use Overbridge all that much up until now. I'm still deciding whether I want to depend on it or not.

I assume you have Overbridge 2.0.47 installed?

This does not seem like a reason to sell Bitwig. You have not even determined yet if it is a Bitwig issue.

Return to “Bitwig”