Beta Testers Wanted

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:31 am
Well, before you take on a bunch of public beta testers: What you need to do is - as EVERYONE here knows - to ditch PACE. Just look at the numerous threads, in your own forum and all over the KVR.
No, "EVERYONE here" does not know that. So, if you want the thread to stay on topic, then stay on topic.
That wasn't my quote and it mentions nothing about dongles. Again the subject here is the Pace Soft License Manager. I've provided links to the threads concerning this issue but I can't make you read or understand them.
ghettosynth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:31 amI don't care how much your plugin costs, if it's on Pace, I view it as an advantage over C/R.
Then your view is flawed. C/R copy protection can not brick your computer when software like Pace gets its hooks so far into your system that it can cause serious issues. I'll take C/R over Pace or Codemeter every day of the week.

I've never lost a plugin that was C/R protected and I've never been suckered into paying extra for a dongle to protect someone else's intellectual property when the IP I create with that software can not be similarly protected.
ghettosynth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:31 amSo, if you don't like Pace and don't want to help, get out of the thread. Air wants people to help them fix issues with Pace, I don't see that they're interested in people complaining about Pace.
Hey I volunteered on day one to be a beta tester. I simply told Simon I wouldn't test on my studio computer but I did have a separate system for testing and the offer still stands. I have heard nothing from him since and he's apparently left this thread.

I don't see where you volunteered to help. I've only seen you volunteer your opinion which nobody asked for in the first place. So yea get out of this thread if you're not going to help.

It doesn't look like Air is even going to help itself so at this point I consider the Air plugins to be abandonware and have stopped reaching for them in projects. I have far too many other plugins from developers who respect the stability of their customer's DAWs to deal with companies that use intrusive C/P schemes.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:50 pm Then your view is flawed.

No, you!

SparkySpark wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:10 am I think the whole point of this thread was that for a company like AIR, relying heavily on products selling for 5-10 bucks, we'd like to have a simple serial number. So no fancy copy protection at all.
Selling a lot of product for $5 to $10 still makes money. I think the point of the thread was that AIR wans beta testers to test their existing choice of copy protection. I'm going to go out on a limb here and argue that people who are so vehemently opposed to the chosen type of copy protection won't make particularly good testers.

I think that it's a lost cause to ask any reasonably large company to go the uber friendly free and open route with serials and rainbows.

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:22 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:50 pm Then your view is flawed.
No, you!
A very mature response..... :lol:

While I may be opposed to the Pace iLok software manager I do have it installed on two systems and it would be in my best interests to make sure at least the Air products don't cause issues with that software. I won't put my studio system at risk but my test system is ready and willing.

I do like Hybrid 3, Xpand!2, Vacuum Pro, DS 500, Transfuser, etc and I own several other Air plugins. I also own a few other plugins that require the Pace soft manager.

I'd rather not lose some of them but if I did it wouldn't be the end of the world since I'm composing quite happily without them these days.

If given the choice of not having iLok installed and still keeping all the plugins I would make that choice in a heartbeat. I doubt it will happen especially with the other developers like Eventide but for the Air plugins that are routinely sold for $1,$5, or $10 it's hard to make the argument that they still require iLok or that the cost to Air for using the Pace service is justified.

But anyway Simon if you come back and you need beta testers I have been and still am a tester for several high profile developers and have a system dedicated to testing the Air plugins so let me know.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

sbangs_air wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:37 am Dear KVR members

Hope you are safe and well.

Sorry to be quiet lately, Air has been working on revised builds for Windows and Mac for our existing products to improve OS support and user experience. Additionally, new products have been created but our priority is the support updates.

If you would be interested in helping test (we are starting with Windows 10 users but want to hear from Big Sur and Catalina users too) please send me a PM.

We ask that you own one or more Air products and are able to dedicate time to testing.

Thank you for your time. Stay well.
DM'ed when you posted this and received no reply. Still willing to test.

I own all AIR products and have not been able to install most of them since 2019 due to them never being updated for macOS Catalina.

oneway wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:59 pm
sbangs_air wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:37 am Dear KVR members

Hope you are safe and well.

Sorry to be quiet lately, Air has been working on revised builds for Windows and Mac for our existing products to improve OS support and user experience. Additionally, new products have been created but our priority is the support updates.

If you would be interested in helping test (we are starting with Windows 10 users but want to hear from Big Sur and Catalina users too) please send me a PM.

We ask that you own one or more Air products and are able to dedicate time to testing.

Thank you for your time. Stay well.
DM'ed when you posted this and received no reply. Still willing to test.

I own all AIR products and have not been able to install most of them since 2019 due to them never being updated for macOS Catalina.
They asked for beta testers back in 2017 and, while they followed up requesting an email address, there was no email follow up after that.

At least many updated installers for Windows have been silently made available on their website.
Not nice not having any feedback here though.

- Mario

So what is exactly safe to install now? I installed all 2021 updated setups on my new computer. Haven't touched Hybrid, Loom or Structure yet. Are we waiting for updates for those at the moment?

Hybrid has already been updated in 2020.
At least for Windows I can guess it's safe already.

- Mario

Plugin Boutique has added this recent message for their AIR instrument owners on Windows:
Due to a major incompatibility issue with various AIR Music Technology software and a recent Windows 10 update, we have made the decision to remove all affected products from sale at Plugin Boutique while we await updated installers that will fix this problem. As a result of this, we DO NOT recommend Windows 10 users download and install any AIR Music Technology software, excluding the products listed with the downloads here.

If you are running Windows 7 or 8 and would like to download the current installers, please contact us HERE and we'll be happy to help.
So then they white list only these AIR plugins for Win 10 (Looks like all Mac versions are cleared):
Drumsynth 500
Hybrid 3
Mini Grand
Strike 2
Transfuser 2
Vacuum Pro
Vacuum Vintage
Xpand!2
Loom II
DB-33
Velvet
The Riser
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Structure and Loom don't seem to have an update indeed as of now.

- Mario

I'd like to see AIR stuff added to this new "Inmusic profile" account system that BFD uses. A better way to keep track of where to download updates or redownload for reinstall such as this would be greatly appreciated.

I like to see AIR stuff working but that would be off topic.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”