Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Maybe im dreaming... :-)
But couldnt you switch the record button to clip overdub instead of arranger overdub?????
(now its shift+REC button)
I thought you could in preferences /settings of PUSH ?
Thnx in advance

Duh... nevermind find it again. :dog: :oops:
--- =Flip arranger and clip record in settings if your looking.=---

Great extension - thanks!

Is there a way to set the loop/punch in/out positions from the current play position? (corresponding to Transport.getInPosition/getOutPosition). It would be a great boost for those of us trying to use the arrangement view.

Sunday is Funday!

# 9.22 is released!

Requires Bitwig 2.1.
* New: The devices and track views use the 8th button above the display (2nd row on Push 1) for navigating up in the hierarchy.
* New: Devices view contains a new "Banks" toggle button to toggle between banks and devices. This is especially useful for instruments which contain layers (incl. Multiout VSTs).
* New: Changed Whole-half and added Half-whole scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vafHHLmTs8

Wow! :clap: This is a really nice update in terms of workflow! Even faster. :-)
Big thanx! Cant even imagine bitwig without PUSH. :hug:

Hi Moss, would it be possible to get a function for changing the clip behaviour?
It would be fine to stop clips without pressing the "stop clip" button (->ableton)
NI Jam is cabable of stopping on 2nd push of the clip button as well.
best
peter

Hi Moss.
Question if possible:
Everytime when i start BWS and put on my push, it always starts in PLAY mode.
Is it it possible to implent an option in prefs that it always starts in drum or piano?
And that everytime i make a new INS track it always take my prefered note view?

Why i ask? Well Im a sampleholic. :-) And i always set my view in drum mode. And everytime when i put in a new track it switches back to play mode (I asked about that but it was someting with track numbering????? ) So for me it would be a super function that when BWS starts my push sets itself in drum mode.

Thnx in advance!

Moss,

On the Wiki where instruction is given for adding a Device, shouldn't it actually refer to Add Effect - at least for the Push 1?

And thanks for letting me know to post questions here, on Youtube I post as Quantumspace.

Thanks for your work and meeting our demands! :wink:

Edit: so much faster now as well :eek: :hail:
Last edited by Tearing Riots on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jwise wrote: On the Wiki where instruction is given for adding a Device, shouldn't it actually refer to Add Effect - at least for the Push 1?
Yes, that's correct. I added that.

This is amazing, moss! Thanks for adding one of the most commonly requested workflow features! This makes me want to use Bitwig and Push2 so much more than before! It's made things so much faster and more usable.

Just two questions.

1. Can we get an option to switch the positions of "UP" and "VOLUME" so that for right-handed people, the left hand can just hover over the "Up" button, while the right hand digs through tracks/devices/layers? The way it is right now, I have to keep my right hand over the "Up" and do everything left handed, or use my right hand for everything which is much slower. (That, or you could have a setting to allow Tap Tempo to become a second "Up" button in preferences).

2. Is there any way to have Push4Bitwig "remember" where you are in terms of nesting? It's currently working much better than before... if you have banks expanded, and have picked a bank, then hit MIX, then press the button to go back in the track you were in, it remembers whether your Banks were expanded or not (and Parameters state, etc) and it remembers which Bank was selected. But, if you have selected a track with a drum machine, and go inside the Drum machine, then hit Mix, then go back in the track, you do not see the list of drum machine instruments but are always at the top level (the Drum Machine... or its Banks list if you selected that). You always have to click again to go one level down to see all the drum machine instruments.

However, if you then go *inside* a drum machine instrument, into the sampler, then hit MIX, then go back in the top level track, it remembers you were in, for example "808 Clap" or whatever. The only time it doesn't remember state is when you've gone only one level into the Drum Machine itself. So unfortunately there's no way to see the list of drum machine instruments, hit MIX to change a global volume setting, and then go back into the same spot with the same top-level list of drum machine instruments.

Maybe that seems nitpicky, and maybe the previous "state saving" was just an automatic consequence of navigating instrument layers in Bitwig, but it would be nice if it was possible to save state.

That, or maybe allow people to press and hold Mix, and make some setting at the top level, and then when they let go, go back to where you were in terms of device nesting.

pstare wrote: 1. Can we get an option to switch the positions of "UP" and "VOLUME" so that for right-handed people, ...
Sorry, that won't happen, since there is already quite a settings explosion happening (and more to come).
pstare wrote: 2. Is there any way to have Push4Bitwig "remember" where you are in terms of nesting?
That's currently not possible since you currently cannot locate the position (full path) of a track or device in a project. I threw some ideas around with the Bitwig guys of how this could be added to the API because I need that for another idea but not idea if and when that will happen.

Cheers.

That's what I figured. Anyway, thanks for the continued effort on this -- really great to see it develop. Can't wait for the extension and push2display to be built-in and new API improvements to allow some important things that currently aren't possible! Seems like you have a good relationship with the Bitwig guys and we all benefit from that.

moss wrote: * New: The devices and track views use the 8th button above the display (2nd row on Push 1) for navigating up in the hierarchy.
* New: Devices view contains a new "Banks" toggle button to toggle between banks and devices. This is especially useful for instruments which contain layers (incl. Multiout VSTs).
* New: Changed Whole-half and added Half-whole scale.
Thank you!!!!! :hug:

PS: Do you still own a Push 1? If not may I give you some suggestions regarding the layout of the controls on Push 1. The ergonomics here is all over the place.

Here comes a little goodie for the weekend:

#9.23
Requires Bitwig 2.1.
* New: Setting for a preferred note view to use for new tracks.
* New: Prevent flickering when accidently touching the tempo or position knob while tweaking one of the other 8 knobs.

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

moss wrote:Here comes a little goodie for the weekend:

#9.23
Requires Bitwig 2.1.
* New: Setting for a preferred note view to use for new tracks.
* New: Prevent flickering when accidently touching the tempo or position knob while tweaking one of the other 8 knobs.

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
Thank you!!! :clap:

Return to “Controller Scripting”