DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

dupont wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:08 pm at 10:30

edit mode does not work on catalina + BS 3.3.1 + APC 40 MKII

All 5 scenes launch buttons are lit and when I press shift and a scene launch button, the solo button don't become blue and BS starts to play.
It's as if special functions were not available.
What do you mean exactly when you say "edit mode does not work"? You cannot switch modes? Just tested that on Macos but could not see a problem.

Sorry, I found :
I had to select Drivenbymoss controler in the device menu, it was set in controler.
Sould be included in the manual !
Thanks for your work anyway.

by the way, is there a way to delete and duplicate a clip on Bitwig with APC script ?

antic604 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:58 am Hopefuly Presonus' new Atom SQ gets Moss' support:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/pr ... -our-times
This would be very cool
Bitwig Certified Trainer

dupont wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:10 pm by the way, is there a way to delete and duplicate a clip on Bitwig with APC script ?
Currently not, since there are no buttons for that on the device. I could add a delete/copy mode like on the Launchpad but didn't do so far since the Shift mode is already a bit crowded. What do you think?

i'm still on the learning curve with the APC40 MKII but is there currently a function for shift + clip pad ?
Why not this option at least for clip erase ?

dupont wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:03 pm i'm still on the learning curve with the APC40 MKII but is there currently a function for shift + clip pad ?
Why not this option at least for clip erase ?
Pressing Shift activates always the Shift mode, so this does sadly not work.

why not pressing clip pad more than a couple of secondes delete the clip ?

billcarroll wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:15 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:58 am Hopefuly Presonus' new Atom SQ gets Moss' support:

This would be very cool
I took a look at it already some time ago but while the device is quite interesting there is not much access to program it. Therefore, sorry will not happen.

dupont wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:31 pm why not pressing clip pad more than a couple of secondes delete the clip ?
This selects the clip without starting it :-)
Don't worry, will think a bout a solution.

moss wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:32 pm
billcarroll wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:15 pm

This would be very cool
I took a look at it already some time ago but while the device is quite interesting there is not much access to program it. Therefore, sorry will not happen.
I like developers who are honest. Big thumbs up. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I'm using a launchpad pro MK3 with DrivenByMoss bindings for Bitwig and it's a lot of fun. There are just two features that I'm missing:
1. When I switch to "Note" mode to play drums/synths it always starts out in chromatic mode, which is fine for synths, but really not what I want for drum tracks. Even when I switch a track to drum mode and then temporarily move to another mode, it switches back to chromatic mode. Is it possible to automatically switch to the mode that makes sense for that track?
2. With Ableton, it's possible to temporarily switch modes by pressing and holding a mode button. For example, I could play something in "Note" mode, temporarily switch to "Session" mode to launch a clip and then continue playing in "Note" mode. Something like that would be really useful.

At the moment, I'm solving point 2, but using a launchpad Mini that I still have around and I keep the launchpad mini in "Session" mode for launching clips. That's actually a pretty nice setup. There is just one little flaw with a setup like that:
If I open the device selection browser, *both* launchpads switch to browser navigation. I personally don't find the browser navigation mode so useful and I'd rather like at least one launchpad to actually try playing the sounds properly. If a launchpad needs to switch to browser navigation, I'd rather want just one (preferably the Mini) to switch. Is that possible? How would I set that up?
Best,
Ingo

I'm considering swapping my push1 for launchpad pro mk3. This because I could potentially also use the launchpad with my modular when performing live (thru nerdseq)

I also have a korg microcontroller, this I can use instead of the knobs on the push. Would I be missing much? One important thing I was wondering is: Can I select scales for the "play" mode on the launchpad? Couldn't find it anywhere.

Hi Moss,
thanks a lot for creating these scripts, they are super handy.

I want to use my Faderfox EC-4 to get basic control over the parameter pages of devices in Bitwig. Right now I am using GenericFlexi to set-up the controller. It works great except that I wish I could tell the template to use 14-bit CCs, as the number of steps of regular CCs is often too small to fine tune parameters . Is this possible in a future update? For example, I could use this script: https://github.com/jorisroling/axyz-gems and configure it with the EC4 to obtain what I wanted, but I also want the EC4 to control other aspects of Bitwig that the Axyz template does not gran access to.

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Controller Scripting”