DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 pm
Munaki wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:26 pm Hello,
i recently purchase PUSH 2 for use in Bitwig. It would be amazing to be able use 16 velocities for sequencer? Right now is not very convenient to make changes of volume. Long press and change volume is not usefull for quick volume editing. way via accent is better, but you also need to set accented volu first, with is not very fast.
Anyway thank you very much for your work, it is magic!
Jan
Could you describe how you envision it to work?
press and hold a pad and then press one of the scene launch buttons. That's only 8 velocities but would be really cool.

Hi There!

First of all thanks for the awesome script! There is one thing what im missing for my APC40 MKI what ableton had and it would be so great function for big sets..Is it possible that the view in clipview is following the bank slector (the grey area) ?

It will make my year!

Greetings!

Heian music wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:56 am Hi There!

First of all thanks for the awesome script! There is one thing what im missing for my APC40 MKI what ableton had and it would be so great function for big sets..Is it possible that the view in clipview is following the bank slector (the grey area) ?

It will make my year!

Greetings!
Not possible. See the discussion on the previous page.

moss wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 pm
Munaki wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:26 pm Hello,
i recently purchase PUSH 2 for use in Bitwig. It would be amazing to be able use 16 velocities for sequencer? Right now is not very convenient to make changes of volume. Long press and change volume is not usefull for quick volume editing. way via accent is better, but you also need to set accented volu first, with is not very fast.
Anyway thank you very much for your work, it is magic!
Jan
Could you describe how you envision it to work?
I meant 16 velocities for drum sequencer from Ableton, or Akai Force. It would make big difference for me personally, in terms of speed and fluidity of work. And maybe to include dim of pads in sequence to shine according to velocity (but i suspect this is not possible, because is not happening also in Ableton).

Hello,
also a lot of thanks for this really great script!

Right now i'm trying to get the sequencer function of the novation launchpad pro mk3 to work. Everything else seems to work, the sequencer is visible, but doesn't seem to run.

In the documentation it says "To have pads blinking in sync with your song tempo activate to send MIDI clock to the device." and i would guess that this should in general be needed for the sequencer?

And the setting for this would be in the bitwig settings -> synchronisation -> clock + start/stop enabled for Launchpad Pro MK3 LPProMK3 MIDI?

Is there anything else which could hinder the sequencer from running?

It does work in the standalone mode and i already updated to the newest firmware.

ch000 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:02 pm Hello,
also a lot of thanks for this really great script!

Right now i'm trying to get the sequencer function of the novation launchpad pro mk3 to work. Everything else seems to work, the sequencer is visible, but doesn't seem to run.

In the documentation it says "To have pads blinking in sync with your song tempo activate to send MIDI clock to the device." and i would guess that this should in general be needed for the sequencer?

And the setting for this would be in the bitwig settings -> synchronisation -> clock + start/stop enabled for Launchpad Pro MK3 LPProMK3 MIDI?

Is there anything else which could hinder the sequencer from running?

It does work in the standalone mode and i already updated to the newest firmware.
No, you do not need the sync to make the seuqencers work. What you need to do is to ensure that you have a selected clip in Bitwig. Especially, when you start up Bitwig you often need to click once on a new clip to make it work.

First of all thousands thnx for your great work.

I have downloaded the 11.6.1 combi-pack, but i dont find any APC scripts???? The documentaion seems INDIRECT to say that APC 40 (mark1, the old one) is supported, but it does not explain how to SETUP an APC 40????

I saw your FLEX-Video and it seems very, very intersting. But before i spend hours/days/weeks one question: Is it possible with just that FLEX to create a really advanced script of my own taste, but as advanced as your original APC 40 script? For example if i press the Pan/SendA.... Buttons - that the Knobs get into another mode? Or is it possible that i use eg. clip-launch buttons to set the knobs to another modes???? Is that possible with just that FLEX construction set???

kukident-youth wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:25 am I have downloaded the 11.6.1 combi-pack, but i dont find any APC scripts???? The documentaion seems INDIRECT to say that APC 40 (mark1, the old one) is supported, but it does not explain how to SETUP an APC 40????
The included manual has detailed instructions how to install DrivenByMoss. After that the APC40 should get auto-detected. If not, you can add it manually in the controller settings. If it is not showing up, you put the extension file in the wrong folder.
kukident-youth wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:25 am I saw your FLEX-Video and it seems very, very intersting. But before i spend hours/days/weeks one question: Is it possible with just that FLEX to create a really advanced script of my own taste, but as advanced as your original APC 40 script? For example if i press the Pan/SendA.... Buttons - that the Knobs get into another mode? Or is it possible that i use eg. clip-launch buttons to set the knobs to another modes???? Is that possible with just that FLEX construction set???
You can configure all the control related things (incl. modes) but not any advanced stuff like sequencers.

DrivenByMoss 11.7.0 is out!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2.5+ (3.3.4+ to use VST plugins in the Push favorites menu)
  • Documentation
    • Clarified installation of the extensions which need to be added manually (Flexi, Auto Color, ...)
  • Fire
    • New: Added VU meters to the channel and mixer mode.
    • New: In Mixer mode press Alt+Bank button to switch to a new display mode, which shows the volume, pan and sends of 16 tracks depending on the touched knob. Especially, helpful in the performance mix view. If playback is active and no knob is touched it shows the VU meter activity of all 16 tracks.
    • New: In Channel mode you can press Alt+Bank button to switch to a new display mode, which shows the volume, pan and sends of the 4 drum machine channels depending on the touched knob. If playback is active and no knob is touched it shows the VU meter activity of the 4 channels.
  • Generic Flexi
    • IMPORTANT: Remove all instances of Generic Flexi in the Bitwig settings and add them again. Otherwise you will have mixed up edit controls.
    • New: Added support for 14-bit CC values.
    • Fixed: 0x80 as Note off was missing
    • Fixed: Feedback was not send for notes (only CC and pitchbend).
  • Komplete Kontrol Mk2
    • Fixed: Shorten device and page names in parameter mode to prevent too long text.
  • Launchpad
    • New: The loop area in the drum sequencer was shortened by 4 pads. These 4 pads can now be used in combination with the play area. From left to right they provide the following functions: select a drum pad without playing the sound, mute the drum pad, solo the drum pad, open the browser for the drum pad.
  • MCU
    • New: Hold arrow left/right and turn the jog wheel to zoom in/out
    • New: Hold arrow up/down and turn the jog wheel to change the track height
  • OSC
    • New: Added /track/{1-8}/duplicate to duplicate a track.
    • New: Added /track/{1-8}/clip/{1-8}/duplicate to duplicate the clip.
    • New: Added /device/duplicate to duplicate the device.
    • New: Added /scene/{1-8}/duplicate to duplicate the scene.
    • New: Added /scene/{1-8}/remove to remove/delete the scene.
    • New: Added /track/{1-8}/clip/{1-8}/create {beats} creates a new clip, activates overdub and starts it.
    • New: Added /clip/create {beats} creates a new clip, activates overdub and starts it.
    • New: /track/{1-8}/clip/{1-8}/record and /clip/record start now playback as well.
  • Push
    • New: Added several VST plugins to the favorite menus. This requires Bitwig 3.3.4+ (crashes in older versions) and that you have the plugin installed.
    • New: Push 2: VUs of muted tracks are drawn in the mute-color.
Enjoy!

Akai Fire new features tutorial:
https://youtu.be/19tGDW6elVk

Generic Flexi new features tutorial:
https://youtu.be/Fv3vhTJzhHM

Launchpad new features tutorial:
https://youtu.be/xKGC-8TjuRw

Push new features tutorial:
https://youtu.be/fKGX6hS5svU

Thanks a million Moss for the amazing work you did here!
The new functionalities are really helpful.
However, with the new version, the play button is not working anymore with my launchpad X.
I tried both with the last version of Bitwig on Windows, and with 3.3.1 on Linux and the problem is the same.
Any idea on how to fix this?

Dear moss, you are truly godsent. Some months ago I asked about clip pinning, and you were just about done implementing it. About a week ago i asked about highres CC, and now it's there already, what the heck! <3

One last issue me and my friend are experiencing with the push2:
Whenever we the "new clip" button on the push2, "overdub while playing launcher clips" is automatically activated, which means playing with the drum sequencer on the push records midi notes as soon as we try to select drum pads. Is there a way to change this behaviour? thank you so much in advance and all the best!

I just released a little bug fix update 11.7.1:
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Play button in shift view did not work.
    • Fixed: Using browse button combination in drum mode did randomly change the pad mappings.
  • Komplete Kontrol MkI
    • Fixed: Linux: Added USB access rights to rules file and added installation instructions to the manual.
Enjoy!

Dear Moss,

Thank you for your quick answer, your new commit fixed the play button issue.
Unfortunatly, it introduced new bugs:
  • Pressing new clips while the transport is playing now create a new clip but stop the transport
  • Tap tempo is not working anymore
  • Sequencer is not showing the recorded notes like before, and the overdub is not always working
Let me know if you need more information to reproduce the issues.
All the best.

banermattou wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:36 pm Dear Moss,

Thank you for your quick answer, your new commit fixed the play button issue.
Unfortunatly, it introduced new bugs:
  • Pressing new clips while the transport is playing now create a new clip but stop the transport
  • Tap tempo is not working anymore
  • Sequencer is not showing the recorded notes like before, and the overdub is not always working
Let me know if you need more information to reproduce the issues.
All the best.
Argghhhh. OK, it is fixed, 11.7.2 is online.

Return to “Controller Scripting”