MIDI learn and the teaching of new tricks

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MIDI learn is a very useful function... for people who have hardware controllers. I don't. I was just setting up daHornet using the arpeggiator in energyXT and I wanted to control a few knobs with the CC component of it. It's pretty cool that for each step you can not only do note on/off but also any number of CC values.

I put some values in and set it to send on CC 78. Then I did the MIDI learn thing and it all worked great. But what happens when I want to add another one? I can do that fine in energyXT, it's a piece of cake, but in order to MIDI learn a new knob, I have to erase the old one or it will just learn the same CC as the last one!

So for MIDI learn to be valuable, you have to either

A) Have a hardware controller
B) Only want to control one value
C) Have a LOT of patience

So... is there some way we can set CC->controller manually? :)

Hy bud, there is a way hacking the registery, but it will end up having to unload/load the vst every time you change a CC. Sorry for that...

Use regedit, open key

My computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dashsignature.com\

and look for the synth name. To get a list of Midi-CC posible, first load the VST and hit DEFAULT on the global-menu. That will register all Midi-CC to registery settings. All values on the registery are Midi-CC + 1 so if you want CC14 insert 15 instead...

Hope that helps.

Wk

What would help more is a list of the defaults for each synth! :wink:

Return to “NUSofting”