Beta-Testers needed for new EVE Sound-Set.

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

floyd wrote:I'd say the Sound-Set is ready to go. For $20 the variety of sounds in here is ridiculous.
Just a note. I'm still deciding with Luigi how we will sell and distribute the new Sound-Sets. Maybe it will be in a Subscription way, so it could be even cheaper than that. ;-) Check www.DashW.com for more info, the site is ready to be released. And FamousKeys Volume I and II will mostly be released there. Tomorrow we should have a final decision about it. But for now don't worry, it will be lower than 20U$ anyway...

Wk

floyd wrote:And whoever named 'Waldorf and Me' gave me a good laugh for some reason And to think I almost named a preset 'Where's Waldorf'! :lol: :)
That was me me me me me! Image I'm a bit crazy, dontchaknow? :hihi:

Wk

an over-all good bank. but i must admit. many of these sounds are just not my thing. lots of them are just too harsh and "FM-y". a few i really like: MODS 102 & 103, Choirs 1 & 2, Yo, Padwave 2, Polaris, most of the Waldorfs, and alot of the Arps. but these sounds just don't quite go with my type of music, so i'm not sure if i can be of much help.
ETHER

oh sorry,,, almost forgot! i do love many of these presets. i would say that you have a good collection of presets, and they are ready to be posted on the DashW site. (love the new site, btw)

keep up the good work.

P.S. sorry for my earlier negative post. i was
just a bit disappointed; some of the sounds that i was hoping for were not in this set. hopefully next time!

thanks!
ETHER

this bank has some really great pads. almost every one of them is usable.

my fave presets (in no particular order):

glider plus
fx zoned
the wish
brain scan
ultra 1 & 3
silver surfer
sparkle
day after
ghost choir
jupiter MKS
casio piano
doom
bass toolesque
lux 1-4
ETHER

lament77 wrote:P.S. sorry for my earlier negative post. i was
just a bit disappointed; some of the sounds that i was hoping for were not in this set. hopefully next time!thanks!
Ahhh, that happens. ;-) Sometimes our first impression is not the best. I had this yesterday with some songs of a band. Now I love those songs. :P Maybe "subliminar messages" do work! :lol:

Wk

William,

I've sent you another 16 patches I've made last night!

Just a little remark : On some of my sounds (Basses and some Synths) you've added legato/portamento. I think the portamento is set a bit too high. If I accidently overlap 2 notes that are far apart, I get a rather pronounced pitch sweep. When this happens, you also lose the attack of the sound, which is a pitty.
Ofcourse, my playing style might be the cause of this :wink: so if someone else could test this?

Peter.

Ooops, didn't know things were moving quite so quickly. I've worked with several sound in the preset and -for the most part - was blown away by the qualities and potential usability of the sounds. Plus, tweaking them in EVE is a gas.

I don't have any specific comments yet because I didn't know the horse was leaving the barn - but I can say that presets that were not particularly to my liking were easily massaged by minor tweaks or by permutating and combinating with other sounds from the set. When I get home from work I can try to be more specific - but at this point, I am muis impressed.

Glad to hear that you are still accepting presets.

It's been a busy week here at the office, so I am looking forward to working on some over the weekend.

Beautiful work William (and everybody!)

:)

- DJSL

WilliamK wrote: Maybe it will be in a Subscription way, so it could be even cheaper than that.
I may have misunderstood, but I'd prefer to buy the presets as opposed to 'subscribe' to them :D Will that be an option?

Sorry if I've got this mixed up!

Shif.

pschelfh wrote:William,

I've sent you another 16 patches I've made last night!

Just a little remark : On some of my sounds (Basses and some Synths) you've added legato/portamento. I think the portamento is set a bit too high. If I accidently overlap 2 notes that are far apart, I get a rather pronounced pitch sweep. When this happens, you also lose the attack of the sound, which is a pitty.
Ofcourse, my playing style might be the cause of this :wink: so if someone else could test this?

Peter.
I've noticed some of the leads and basses in the AOS and Factory bank have rather high portamento settings at default. Personally its a bit much for my playing style too. I guess its just William's preference for leads :)

:D - some top sounds are in the bank.

I love e.g.

'brain scan'
'Indochine' and
'Sequential Lead'

but: it's 'for king AND country'
and 'atempting TO desert'(I hope that is not one letter too much :oops: )
and I must admit that I loved my original version
of '128days later' more. Perhaps we can use it for the next bank and call it '29days later'!? :P
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Shifrin wrote:I may have misunderstood, but I'd prefer to buy the presets as opposed to 'subscribe' to them Will that be an option?
If you already own EVE (or any other DashSignature softsynth) and you download soundsets during your subscription, they're yours to keep even after ending your subscription.

This is different for the softsynths you can download. In this case your license to use them ends when your subscription ends.

Peter.

That's right. Just a note. Some Sound-Sets won't be released under DashW, and some won't be released under DASHsignature. BUT, both are from me and Luigi. I will address this better once the site is ready for release. And you can be asured that DashW will have far more sound-sets. DashW is still under changes, but should be final by this week-end or next week, not sure yet.

Wk

Guys, those who did some presets, email me telling what you want to show on the txt file, your name, web-site, etc...

Wk

Return to “NUSofting”