? Any idea/help for Bodhran preset Knagalis/Modelonia 1.7/dk+ ?

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi evrybody,

maybe someone once stumbled over something or just had made a preset in the way of a bodhran (irish handdrum) in Knagalis/Modelonia or Dk+. There are some perc presets (especially in modelonia) but nothing in that way I have found until now.

Must not be "pure" or "natural" it should just sound like a bodhran in the mix (for some ambient-celtic folk songs). Actually I use a free kontakt instrument but in the mix it just dont sound like I imagine no matter what effects etc. I use. This should be kind of central celtic element/addition to the drums for all of the songs, so maybe someone has an idea.

Kind regards,

Richard

Yes, like you I haven't found any bodhran in the offer from Luigi (and the Ethno Set 1234 for DK+ contains only North-African drums). Maybe in a next day Luigi will make for us a new set with celtic percussions)...

In the meanwhile, for the instruments not yet provided by Luigi I use this soundset which is available in many formats:

https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/pro ... nstruments

They all are of very good quality.

Look at the column Ireland in the table... it contains many sampled bodhrans.

About the file formats, myself I have chosen the format for Dimension Pro. And I discovered that its files are provided in two formats: sfz and wav (all the instruments are in these two formats, meaning 397 sfz + 1796 wav). The format "SoundFont" that they provide contains the files in sf2 and wav. Anyway as soon as you have the wav format you can use it in any other plugin... including DK+, because it imports wav files.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Hello BlackWinny,

thats really a nice link and it seems to be a real hidden treasure even in the days of google :)

For the moment (and empty pocket from all the sales.....) I have kind of improved me a bodhran out of three different sources: from a free kontakt instrument (shiby bodhran when I remember right), the bodhrans out of the sample tank workstation xl world pack (which seems to be at sale right now, but dont know if it makes sense, sample tank 2.5 really not that quality) and the free daburka nut. It is not very "real" and "natural" but for my intention more as a kind of soundscape/identity it is o.k..

Kind regards,

Richard

There is also a very nice collection of modelling synthesis freewares made by xoxos. Some are wonderful to model membranes hit by a mallet, so of course excellent to emulate a bodhran: and Waiting for a new creation from Luigi it can be an excellent clue to experiment.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “NUSofting”