Questions regarding Hetrick Flip-Flop

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This may be more about my own inexperience and lack of knowledge regarding all things modular...

I'm trying to use the Hetrick Flip-Flop module to turn a sequencer on and off. I run a cable from the trigger input on the main panel to the "T In" port on Flip-Flop. I wire the "FFT" port to the "start" port on, say, the 8-step sequencer. I wire the "!FFT" port to the "stop" port of the 8-step sequencer. When I press a key on my keyboard the sequencer starts as expected. The next key press stops it. The next key press the sequencer may start but more often than not it begins rapidly oscillating between on and off. If I hook the "FFT" and "!FFT" outputs of the Flip-Flop to the Macauley voltage meter I get similar behavior. A new instance of the Flip-Flop will show +5v at the "FFT" port and 0v at the "!FFT" port upon first keyboard press - press a key and the "FFT" port shows 0v and "!FFT" shows +5v. After that the voltages seem to come on and off seemingly randomly. The LEDs on the Flip-Flop do show the correct state (correct meaning they consistently alternate being on/off).

So what am I misunderstanding?

Mike

Return to “Cherry Audio”