Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bazille is proudly digital. Aliasing can and will happen depending on how wild you get with the cabling. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:47 pm Bazille is proudly digital. Aliasing can and will happen depending on how wild you get with the cabling. :)
Of course. But having a choice where and when makes it appropriable for sound design, not a nuisance. I'm not saying it can be eliminated, but as it can be by changing project sample rate, I'd reckon having it internally is just better design – more comfort and pleasure and wider capabilities. For a synth that's really, really the best I've ever used, but hasn't been updated for quite some time now… one can expect such features :) here's a heavy user and an addict wishing it!
Brzzzzzzt.

elnn wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:23 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:47 pm Bazille is proudly digital. Aliasing can and will happen depending on how wild you get with the cabling. :)
Of course. But having a choice where and when makes it appropriable for sound design, not a nuisance. I'm not saying it can be eliminated, but as it can be by changing project sample rate, I'd reckon having it internally is just better design – more comfort and pleasure and wider capabilities. For a synth that's really, really the best I've ever used, but hasn't been updated for quite some time now… one can expect such features :) here's a heavy user and an addict wishing it!
I would love that too... I run all my projects at 96Khz for Bazille and Zebra.

Would save lots of resources if I could just choose that per instance and run the whole project at a lower sample rate. It is because Bazille is my favorite synth that I put up with it.

Either my search-the-forum strategy sucks... or I am really the only one missing a "midi sync" option for the lfo/modulator of colour copy? :party:

epiphaneia wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:27 pm Either my search-the-forum strategy sucks... or I am really the only one missing a "midi sync" option for the lfo/modulator of colour copy? :party:
Do you mean synchronise the time to host? If so you just click on the menu box under the time knob and select one of many usual denominations.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:08 pm
epiphaneia wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:27 pm Either my search-the-forum strategy sucks... or I am really the only one missing a "midi sync" option for the lfo/modulator of colour copy? :party:
Do you mean synchronise the time to host? If so you just click on the menu box under the time knob and select one of many usual denominations.
I don’t mean the delay time... I mean the modulator‘s frequency.

epiphaneia wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:48 pm
Yes, that's deliberate. If the LFO is in sync with the delay time (which would usually be the case), the result is: No modulation at all. It baffled us at first, but upon closer inspection, this is perfectly explained by the way a bucket brigade delay works.

So people who are used to do things in sync would end up flooding our support with bug reports which are not bugs.

Urs wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:30 am
epiphaneia wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:48 pm
Yes, that's deliberate. If the LFO is in sync with the delay time (which would usually be the case), the result is: No modulation at all. It baffled us at first, but upon closer inspection, this is perfectly explained by the way a bucket brigade delay works.

So people who are used to do things in sync would end up flooding our support with bug reports which are not bugs.
Could you then offer a sync option in the extended settings or in a .plist entry, possibly?

pdxindy wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:50 am I would love that too... I run all my projects at 96Khz for Bazille and Zebra.

Would save lots of resources if I could just choose that per instance and run the whole project at a lower sample rate. It is because Bazille is my favorite synth that I put up with it.
Hopefully more DAWs will add the feature where individual plugins can be run at a higher sample rate. Cakewalk by Bandlab (formerly SONAR) has had that feature for a while. And now it's free! (I'm not suggesting anyone switch just for that, because it's a pain to learn a new one, but hopefully it'll spread to other DAWs.)

Are there any plans to add more mod slots to Repro 5 ?

Hoping we'll get a Bazille update with the new browser this year. :wink:

Sound Author wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:07 am Hoping we'll get a Bazille update with the new browser this year. :wink:
Bazille and ACE updates are on our todo list after Superbooth. There's a small amount of work for developers involved, but content (tagging) is on a good track.

What do you plan for Bazille Urs?
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:29 pm What do you plan for Bazille Urs?
Regarding that, did you ever consider input and output cables for the FX? Theres probably good reasons not to do that Im guessing.

Yes, FX are not polyphonic.

Return to “u-he”