Windows 7 Permission Fix

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:And even if we did that, it wouldn't change the necessity to have a data directory. So we have a data directory anyway, why not keep it simple and stuff the UI in there.
Would be EVEN BETTER if animations were actual knobstrips so that there aren't hundreds of small files fragmenting those mechanical drives more than they really should... :P

EvilDragon wrote:
Urs wrote:And even if we did that, it wouldn't change the necessity to have a data directory. So we have a data directory anyway, why not keep it simple and stuff the UI in there.
Would be EVEN BETTER if animations were actual knobstrips so that there aren't hundreds of small files fragmenting those mechanical drives more than they really should... :P
I started to write our own animation file format a few years ago. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to finish it and we would also need to add a conversion tool.

Nevertheless, the great thing about the single files is that our UI only needs to load the ones that are visible when it opens. Our UIs therefore open instantly while the rest of the graphics are loaded in the background. That said, were the bitmaps inside the binaries they'd open quickly as well, but loading a plug-in (or scanning plug-ins at host start) would be slowed down dramatically.

There's advantages to either method. That said, we're happy to offer more options in the future...

Interesting thought there about your own animation format. And some good info there, too. I didn't even think about loading speed. Needing to load just one frame instead of the whole strip indeed is faster.

As everything in life, there are tradeoffs everywhere! :)

Return to “u-he”