Diva 1.1 Final (beta testing finished)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great update :tu:
I like the "Open in Explorer" feature :)

Cheers
Dennis

The oscillators sound better AND it uses less CPU? Doesn't that break some kind of physical law or something? :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

penguinfromdeep wrote:Great stuff! Is there a possibility to enable the multithreading by default?
As so often, we first want to get some experience. Thing is, multithreading can degrade performance on older systems with a north bridge (or whatever was before that). Even my 8 core Mac Pro - ancient 5 years old - happily chokes with 2 instances in multicore mode.

We'll see. We will definately put some sort of better preference system in place. That'll give you the choice.

I think you mean CPUs predating Nehalem, perhaps, Urs (that would be the first Core CPUs, prior to Core2)? "North bridge" is a part of motherboard chipset.

Shifrin wrote:Small bug-ette, the LED Colour knob is behaving erratically when I use it. Appearing to move smoothly at first then jumping about like crazy!!

(Running Diva 1.1b x32 in Reaper 4.22 x32 on Windows 7 x64)
Sounds fun. We'll check this out too!

EvilDragon wrote:I think you mean CPUs predating Nehalem, perhaps, Urs (that would be the first Core CPUs, prior to Core2)? "North bridge" is a part of motherboard chipset.
Well, Nehalem's were the first processors with on-board memory controller or so, which made the North Bridge surplus. I'm by far not an expert though. We just observed that e.g. Core2Duos, old Mac Pros etc obviously have a memory bottleneck.

mbncp wrote:I can't get midi learn for next/prev patch to work (osx 10.7.3). Is there some trick ?

And, Reveal in Finder doesn't work here.
Hmmm, MidiLearn on patch buttons never worked, because one can't do file access upon a MIDI event. That's why patches in MIDI Programs are pre-loaded into memory.

You can however step through presets with the cursor keys once you click the preset selector.

Reveal in Finder doesn't (yet) work in the Carbon layer, unfortunately... I'll try to get that done (mostly for Mac VST), or I'll take it out till VST3 (next thing after Diva 1.1). Are you using VST? If not, which host are you in (might still require Carbon... hmmm)

The updated manual is nice! Just gave it a quick read, a lot of finer points I hadn't quite realized and some assumptions corrected, and some very nice tips at the end.

'Reveal in Finder' isn't working here, either [e - discussed above]. Drag and drop is working, and multi-select is.

The manual says it's a work in progress, but some MIDI fun - If anyone's looking at the MIDI Controllers menu, I'm so stoked with this I want to give a quick example of where I think this is looking absolutely fantastic, using 'fineSelected' and the Triple VCO mode:

Select 'fineSelected' via right-clicking Diva's info box / where patch names are displayed, in the MIDI Controllers sub-menu. Map anything to a MIDI hardware knob, which I'll call 'fine' later on. This turns out to be not mapped to a specific parameter, but the last tweaked parameter in Diva.

Then select 'integer' from the MIDI Controllers menu. Map the detune parameters for VCO 2 and VCO 3 to a pair of MIDI hardware knobs other than 'fine', call them 'Coarse' knobs.

Between these three hardware knobs there is *complete* hardware control over the detuning parameters of the Triple VCO mode - the coarse knobs set the integer / semi-tone detuning, and the fine knob sets the detuning of either cent-wise.

(I wasn't sure if Fine Select worked even... in future you can have a visual focus ring around the knob and even use keyboard input directly to select knobs/type values... but this needs a few more weeks of work and testing)

Urs wrote:(I wasn't sure if Fine Select worked even... in future you can have a visual focus ring around the knob and even use keyboard input directly to select knobs/type values... but this needs a few more weeks of work and testing)
Sounds brilliant, very wide-eyed right now. Cheeeers!

It would be possible to map preset browsing to a hot-key?
dedication to flying

Very impressed !

+1 Manual is written very nice thank you!

xh3rv wrote:Drag and drop is working, and multi-select is.
Aha - I didn't know that! On my Mac it's like this:
Shift+click selects a region, cmd+click selects single presets. How is it on PC, please? Thanks!
(I was also unaware that FineSelected works :))

Urs wrote:
mbncp wrote:I can't get midi learn for next/prev patch to work (osx 10.7.3). Is there some trick ?

And, Reveal in Finder doesn't work here.
Hmmm, MidiLearn on patch buttons never worked, because one can't do file access upon a MIDI event. That's why patches in MIDI Programs are pre-loaded into memory.

You can however step through presets with the cursor keys once you click the preset selector.

Reveal in Finder doesn't (yet) work in the Carbon layer, unfortunately... I'll try to get that done (mostly for Mac VST), or I'll take it out till VST3 (next thing after Diva 1.1). Are you using VST? If not, which host are you in (might still require Carbon... hmmm)
Would just be nice to change preset when I'm not near the pc. What about some flag and a timer, it doesn't need to switch right away and to respond after each cc value change.

Or what about an option that would automatically load the current bank(folder) in ram and being able to use program changes, at least for the 128 first patches ?

Desperate I know, but I really would like to add Diva in my "hardware only" setup.

The Reveal in finder is not so important for me, just noticed that it didn't work, using vst in Live (latest).

Return to “u-he”