Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wine adds overhead - period. Software that does work, runs with a (often much) higher load on the system than native executables, and often with performance loss.

Why run Windows software on Linux? If you want to run Windows software, install Windows. That's my take on that question. Dual boot. I erased my Windows partition when Bitwig + U-He came to Linux. That was the last piece in the puzzle for me to finally do so.

We are very very lucky to have the U-He suite of plugins with us. U-He, Pianoteq and Bitwig is really all I need in my productions. Without U-He (especially Hive <3 ) I'd probably still be stuck with the Win partition.

I feel really lucky that my favourite virtual synth developer and DAW developer [Reaper] are on Linux already, breaking the ice. I want to thank U-He with all of my heart for that. I smell abandoning Windows for playing virtual synths really soon. The sooner, the better. :D

I also agree about WINE. It is really great to be able to do things with it, but an emulation layer in between is really not good for performance. Native is always best.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Beamboom wrote:Wine adds overhead - period. Software that does work, runs with a (often much) higher load on the system than native executables, and often with performance loss.
You're conveniently forgetting that windows itself
adds it's own overhead, hindering audio performance.
Recently, a developer did credible
performance tests on both old and modern hardware,
and found the legendary performance hit from wine
to be trivial, not dramatic, in both cases.

Maybe a few years back, things were dodgier, but currently,
someone with wine-staging 2.12 or the latest 2.x stable release,
and a low latency or RT kernel, can have performance
good enough not to care about the measurements.
The biggest issue will often be product registration,
and there are plenty of great products without arcane
mazes or dongles. Buyer beware. And choose the cup
that is half full, and rising.
Cheers

After new installation on debian stretch 9, 64 bit (enviroment xfce 4.12) and ardour 5.10 TripleCheese-4408 and tyrrel n6 3898 (64 bit) work perfect. :wink: I have a downlaod plug in on first post u-he/gnu linu on kvr audio and site of tyrrel n6 click on file install.sh of triplecheese 4408 and tyrrel n6.sh . Now it's work good on debian stretch and ardour 5.10

I have a test u-he plug in on imac 24 with partition debian stretch 9 and enviroment xfce 4.12 and mate 1.16.2 64 bit and on asus x54c notebook with i3 processor and 6 giga ram ( xfce 4.12 and mate 1.16.2 at 64 bit) and ardour 5.10 64 bit

I have a teste all plug in on ardour 5,10 and mixbus 4.0.73 64 bit on debian stretch 9 94 bit on imac 24 core duo duo 3 giga ram and asus x54c i3 processor 6 giga ram ......it's a work perfect :wink:
Last edited by gennargiu on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bitwig Studio 4.0.1 - Live Ableton 10/11 standard + MaxMsp 8 - Reaper 6.3.4 - Waveform 11 - Mixbus 7 - Ardour 6.9
Mx Linux 21.4 Hp elite 8200 sff (Debian Bullseye based + kx studio) - mx linux 19.4 (Asus x54c) Windows 10

It's great to see new people show up here, enjoying
the linux ports. In case you and others soon on their way
don't know, there are preset collections for U-he products here,
TripleCheese included:

http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/

And the local contest, "One Synth Challenge"
featured TripleCheese:

https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/os ... g-wave-2-v

(wrong title wording, right page. There is a link above the image,
to download the songs as mp3, that were entered

In the list, you'll also find U-he Podolski, TyrellN6,
and Zebralette, which is an unrestricted mini Zebra included
and installed with the Zebra demo, the full Zebra2 demo itself
requires a restart after about 13 minutes, or it plays only
it's choice of random notes.
Cheers

glokraw wrote:It's great to see new people show up here, enjoying
the linux ports. In case you and others soon on their way
don't know, there are preset collections for U-he products here,
TripleCheese included:

http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/

And the local contest, "One Synth Challenge"
featured TripleCheese:

https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/os ... g-wave-2-v

(wrong title wording, right page. There is a link above the image,
to download the songs as mp3, that were entered

In the list, you'll also find U-he Podolski, TyrellN6,
and Zebralette, which is an unrestricted mini Zebra included
and installed with the Zebra demo, the full Zebra2 demo itself
requires a restart after about 13 minutes, or it plays only
it's choice of random notes.
Cheers
many thanks for your share bank synhts :wink:
Bitwig Studio 4.0.1 - Live Ableton 10/11 standard + MaxMsp 8 - Reaper 6.3.4 - Waveform 11 - Mixbus 7 - Ardour 6.9
Mx Linux 21.4 Hp elite 8200 sff (Debian Bullseye based + kx studio) - mx linux 19.4 (Asus x54c) Windows 10

Anybody experiencing problem using menus in the u-he plugins in Ubuntu 17.04 should downgrade to 16.04. I did and now I can use the plugins without any issues.

In my case, it had nothing to do with the window manager I was using (budgie, gnome, MATE etc).

tusk wrote:Anybody experiencing problem using menus in the u-he plugins in Ubuntu 17.04 should downgrade to 16.04. I did and now I can use the plugins without any issues.

In my case, it had nothing to do with the window manager I was using (budgie, gnome, MATE etc).
Unfortunately that is not possible for many of us. I hope we can figure out a workaround!

tusk, did you run this? it was described earlier in this loooong thread
Sure, and here's a direct link too: https://git.io/vX7ne

Code: Select all

#/bin/sh
    set -e
    for d in ~/.u-he/*/dialog.[36][24]; do
       if test -f $d.real; then continue; fi
       mv "$d" "$d.real"
       cat > $d << EOF
    #!/bin/sh
    unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    exec \$(readlink -f \$0).real "\$@"
    EOF
       chmod +x $d
    done

Is this Zebra2 only or will DarkZebra work too?

Benutzername wrote:Is this Zebra2 only or will DarkZebra work too?
Both work

Ah, great! I've not been on the forums for a while so I've not noticed that Zebra has a Linux version. That's fantastic news! Zebra is the only plugin I really missed on Linux.

I'm still in the office so I could not test it yet. But I've looked at the install script and it seems like it only installs Zebra. The official DarkZebra/ZebraHZ installer is still only available for Mac and Win.

Is there anything special I have to do to activate it? Will the serial be enough or do I have to copy some files from my old Windows installation?

You need to request a linux package from support@u-he.com

Took me a few months to understand there even was a Linux version.

/Anders

The name and serial is all you need

Return to “u-he”