Repro Knobs are not visually responding to MIDI

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

This is my first post over here :help:

I face that the UI knobs in Repro 5 do not reflect the incoming MIDI, the knob positions are not changing.

I mapped e.g. LFO rate knob to my controller, using midi learn inside of Repro 5.
Now the LFO rate does change (audibly) when I turn the hardware knob and changes are reflected by the LED, but not the UI knob position.

I am on macOS (Big Sur), Logic 10.6.1, Repro. 1.1.1 (all latest versions, AFAIK)

What I also tried:
  • reproduce issue with Diva Demo --> same result, UI knobs not moving
  • Logic internal instruments --> UI works fine
  • u-he instruments in Ableton Live --> same result, UI knobs not moving
Any help welcome and thanks in advance!

edit
If I edit a patch's parameters using MIDI, save the patch and then load it again, the UI knob positions correctly reflect what I have dialed in before

We are still working on the updates to bring full Big Sur compatibility.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=550513

If you are using Live, you can switch to the VST version of the plugins, as the problem you experience is an AU issue in Big Sur.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thanks for the update, tasmaniandevil!

I must have missed that the problem is already known, when searching here.
Time to use my ears instead of eyes until the issue is fixed :phones:

after I had to downgrade diva and repro because the newer beta versions were not found anymore by Live, I am now back on 9669 vst3 and have a very similar issue. Win10, Live 11, vst3, knobs DO move but: automation state in Live and audio show the correct results, repro gui does not reflect that for buttons. When reaching the switchover point they shortly flicker back and forth but ultimately remain off (for example). Only when the last end of the range is reached the gui then reflects automation and audio state.

Additionally how the parameters are exposed is not correct, for buttons and things like octave etc it should be discrete states, while in fact it is continuous which is a pita when using a controller for that ;-) .

Thanks for reporting this.
It seems the host tells the plugin to only switch the GUI element when the automation curve reaches the maximum value. But the plugin internally already switches the state at the mid value of 64. So a conflict arises and the GUI element flickers.
I have made an improvement ticket in our database, so we can investigate how the automation curve behaviour can be set to different modes depending on the GUI element when using the VST3 format.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he”