Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MFXxx wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:18 pm https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ausen.html

@PluginAlliance Ive got to ask how the hell do you find out how much this is. SO convoluted, I can see 14 day demo, I can see free plugin popups (irritating, but that's a personal hate with any popups).
How does someone actually make a purchase. I can see a shop tab, buy now, price etc?

Thanks
They haven't released the price yet, so you cannot buy it yet.

Yes, it's dumb, but that's how PA operates with new products now. The demo is out a week or so before you can actually buy it.

jsp1979 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:21 pm
MFXxx wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:18 pm https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ausen.html

@PluginAlliance Ive got to ask how the hell do you find out how much this is. SO convoluted, I can see 14 day demo, I can see free plugin popups (irritating, but that's a personal hate with any popups).
How does someone actually make a purchase. I can see a shop tab, buy now, price etc?

Thanks
They haven't released the price yet, so you cannot buy it yet.

Yes, it's dumb, but that's how PA operates with new products now. The demo is out a week or so before you can actually buy it.
Thanks I finally spotted a sentence on a non related page re 9th April demo and 16th sale.
Like test driving a ford and finding its priced as a Lamborghini?! Very odd practise.
Dont think its worth more than £50 looking at it tbh. Ill wait till I know the price to demo. Hopeing for 75 and use a coupon ;)

Price has been announced though. I think it’s in the PA press release. $249 with $179 intro pricing (plus whatever discounts they put on top of it).
Last edited by mgw38 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

jsp1979 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:23 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:14 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:26 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:00 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:37 pm Re: FabFilter 40% off (!) sale:

Make sure you check your loyalty discount AND the resellers. Right now (subject to change), BestService's price on Pro C-2 is lower than my loyalty price.
:tu:

But in almost all cases, isn't the loyalty discount you see in your FabFilter account better than everywhere else? And this is even better if you are looking to add more than one plugin to the ones you already own.

Just want to clarify my understanding.
I can only speak for myself and stand by my statement. As always YMMV. Don't check the resellers, I don't care.
Why do I feel you got a bit offended, that too for no reason?

Excuse me if that's not the case.

The bold part isn't true, though, and I think that's soundbylaura is pointing out. I own Timeless 2, Twin 2, Volcano 2, and One, and it's cheaper for me to go through resellers than to buy from Fabfilter with my in-account discount.

You seemed to suggest it wasn't worth the time to check resellers and soundbylaura disagreed.
Looks like soundbylaura, and probably you too, misunderstood me. I never said or meant there is no need to check with retailers or elsewhere. What I said was after looking at my FF account and then checking a couple of retailers.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

soundbylaura wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:29 pm

Make sure you check your loyalty discount AND the resellers. Right now (subject to change), BestService's price on Pro C-2 is lower than my loyalty price.

But in almost all cases, isn't the loyalty discount you see in your FabFilter account better than everywhere else? And this is even better if you are looking to add more than one plugin to the ones you already own.

I can only speak for myself and stand by my statement. As always YMMV. Don't check the resellers, I don't care.

I can't answer the question of what your price will be because I don't have your FF account or your BestCoin account or your TimeSpace loyalty account etc. But here you are telling me I'm wrong even though you don't have my FF account or my BestCoin account or my TimeSpace loyalty account.

I'm not wrong. For me. $74 at TimeSpace is less than $86 at FF. If you want the best price, go look at resellers. Or don't, I don't give a crap. But don't assume I'm wrong without actually doing any of the work for yourself.
As mentioned above by me, I did my analysis before posting (FF account much cheaper than resellers) AND I never claimed that I am right and you are wrong. In fact, I also wrote I just want to clarify my understanding. I also did not mean anything that has to do with not checking with retailers. So, it clearly looks like you are pissed off and for no reason really.

Next time don't point your finger at anyone by just having a false assumption.

Peace!
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never mind.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is FabFilter offering a disloyalty discount? I.e., if you don't own any of their products and never intend to?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:20 pm Is FabFilter offering a disloyalty discount? I.e., if you don't own any of their products and never intend to?
Sure, you get 100% off for not buying anything. :lol:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:33 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:29 pm

I can't answer the question of what your price will be because I don't have your FF account or your BestCoin account or your TimeSpace loyalty account etc. But here you are telling me I'm wrong even though you don't have my FF account or my BestCoin account or my TimeSpace loyalty account.

I'm not wrong. For me. $74 at TimeSpace is less than $86 at FF. If you want the best price, go look at resellers. Or don't, I don't give a crap. But don't assume I'm wrong without actually doing any of the work for yourself.
As mentioned above by me, I did my analysis before posting (FF account much cheaper than resellers) AND I never claimed that I am right and you are wrong. In fact, I also wrote I just want to clarify my understanding. I also did not mean anything that has to do with not checking with retailers. So, it clearly looks like you are pissed off and for no reason really.

Next time don't point your finger at anyone by just having a false assumption.

Peace!
Yeah ok whatever. Thanks for my new sig. :roll:
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

mgw38 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:31 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:20 pm Is FabFilter offering a disloyalty discount? I.e., if you don't own any of their products and never intend to?
Sure, you get 100% off for not buying anything. :lol:
SOLD! :hihi:
A well-behaved signature.

Actually, some things are cheaper on Fabfilter's site and some are not. The full bundle is $478.91 on BestService, but $551.33 for me on Fabfilter. So I guess it depends on how many plugins you have and what you are looking at.

I only have Q2/Q3, but I have so much other stuff, I'm not sure it is worth it.

Edit: And then there is Acon Digital's mastering suite for $49.99 on APD. Part of me wonders if this is worth picking up and part of me says, you don't need anymore effects plugins. Except maybe a reverb that is unusual. Because, you know, reverbs are fun. Unlike limiters.

dzilizzi wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 pm Actually, some things are cheaper on Fabfilter's site and some are not. The full bundle is $478.91 on BestService, but $551.33 for me on Fabfilter. So I guess it depends on how many plugins you have and what you are looking at.

Edit: And then there is Acon Digital's mastering suite for $49.99 on APD. Part of me wonders if this is worth picking up and part of me says, you don't need anymore effects plugins. Except maybe a reverb that is unusual. Because, you know, reverbs are fun. Unlike limiters.
With Fabfilter sales it depends on if you can combine the sale with the Fabfilter loyalty discount. Sometimes they allow that, sometimes they don't. And if these can be combined buying directly from Fabfilter is usually cheaper (unless you want to utilize some loyalty scheme from another reseller). If you can't combine them (like for the bundle) you are better off with a reseller.

The Acon Digital plugins are nice as well. I got them as part of Acoustica Premium which became my go-to audio editor. I only use them within Acoustica. Can't really say anything with respect to audio quality, but as somebody said earlier, nothing beats the Fabfilter workflow.

Fleer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:17 pm
Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am For just $49.99 (instead of $129), get the Mastering Suite by ACON Digital. The Mastering Suite contains 5 plugins: Dynamics, Multiband Dynamics, Limit, Equalize and Dither.

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2
Deal Expires: April 28th
This and FabFilter. Making my day :)
It's a nice price, but what's special about these?... are they worth buying if you already have several high-end plugins for all of these?

mgw38 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:04 pm The discount is now also available through Fabfilter directly and they add the loyalty discount (or at least part of it) on top of it. So, if you have some Fabfilter plugins, purchasing through Fabfilter should be cheaper in any case.
I have to agree with the people that gets a better price with resellers. I already own 2 Fabfilter plugins, and the Total Bundle is cheaper at some retailers than my upgrade price to the Total Bundle from my Fabfilter account.

mgw38 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 pm Actually, some things are cheaper on Fabfilter's site and some are not. The full bundle is $478.91 on BestService, but $551.33 for me on Fabfilter. So I guess it depends on how many plugins you have and what you are looking at.

With Fabfilter sales it depends on if you can combine the sale with the Fabfilter loyalty discount. Sometimes they allow that, sometimes they don't. And if these can be combined buying directly from Fabfilter is usually cheaper (unless you want to utilize some loyalty scheme from another reseller). If you can't combine them (like for the bundle) you are better off with a reseller.

The Acon Digital plugins are nice as well. I got them as part of Acoustica Premium which became my go-to audio editor. I only use them within Acoustica. Can't really say anything with respect to audio quality, but as somebody said earlier, nothing beats the Fabfilter workflow.
Thanks for the comparison. I'm kinda broke right now, so while Fabfilter plugins are awesome, I can get a quality mastering suite at a better price than one of Fabfilter plugins. Worth considering.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”