Feature Request: Zones

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just received my Muse Receptor this morning. I spent 2-1 hours sessions noodling with the builtin VST's. So far, I'm really happy with the ease of use and low latency (at least it feels that way). I've even loaded a few unsupported instruments (mda Piano and ePiano) and they worked very well for me. Overall, it fits with the way I do things.

So here comes the request!

I would really like to see the ability to specify key ranges for each instrument in a multi. This would allow me to use the simplest of keyboards and VSTi instruments. Also, this would allow all info for a multi-instrument configuration to be stored in one place.

As a comparison, I am a big fan of Brainspawn Forte. This is a VSTi host for the PC. It's analog to a multi captures zone info as well as other MIDI configuration data such as which multi channels should respond to which controller data and velocity switching. This is handy for applying the sustain pedal to certain instruments and not others, for example.

MIDI config data can include many things, I know. For starters, allowing for zones is a big deal for me.

I am really happy with my purchase! It rocks!

how much did you get this for?

i bought it thru sweetwater for $1400.

The ability to set channels to zones is currently #2 with a bullet on our "future features" list. :)

that is very good news.

will you post your request list (ala energy XT's forum)?

how soon can we expect an update? looking for a beta tester?!

bill

Can I assume the #1 feature in progress is 8-channel ADAT Out?

SoftJunkie wrote:Can I assume the #1 feature in progress is 8-channel ADAT Out?
Ding. Ding. Ding! We have a winner. :)

Concerning your question as to whether we'll be publishing our "future features" list -- Formally, no. But I think it would be pretty safe to assume that this would be our Top 10 list of new things we want to implement:

1. 8-channel ADAT out
2. keyboard zones
3. more plugins
4. more plugins
5. more plugins
6. more plugins
7. more plugins
8. more plugins
9. more plugins
10. more plugins

And, if there's time, we'll add more plugins.

Keep ringing that bell because we hear you.
egor wrote:
SoftJunkie wrote:Can I assume the #1 feature in progress is 8-channel ADAT Out?
Ding. Ding. Ding! We have a winner. :)

Concerning your question as to whether we'll be publishing our "future features" list -- Formally, no. But I think it would be pretty safe to assume that this would be our Top 10 list of new things we want to implement:

1. 8-channel ADAT out
2. keyboard zones
3. more plugins
4. more plugins
5. more plugins
6. more plugins
7. more plugins
8. more plugins
9. more plugins
10. more plugins

And, if there's time, we'll add more plugins.
Rick
Muse Research

Hi,
is there any chance to have midi zones implemented ??
Is it possible the Receptor don't recognize a midi zone (sent from external keyboard) let's say ... one send a zone in channel 1 (between C4 and C5), and Receptor plays the part in channel 1 full range (from note 0 to note 127) ? This is happening here and never saw something like this in several years ( may be the first equipment using MIDI was like that, but this was 20 years ago)...

any comments ??

The 1.2 update with have zoning per Receptor Channel as a feature.
Artcool wrote:Hi,
is there any chance to have midi zones implemented ??
Is it possible the Receptor don't recognize a midi zone (sent from external keyboard) let's say ... one send a zone in channel 1 (between C4 and C5), and Receptor plays the part in channel 1 full range (from note 0 to note 127) ? This is happening here and never saw something like this in several years ( may be the first equipment using MIDI was like that, but this was 20 years ago)...

any comments ??
Rick
Muse Research

Return to “Muse Research and Development”