Does it make sense to use EnergyXT in Receptor?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you use EnergyXT in Receptor? Mostly for the arpegiator?

This would be GREAT...it would add sequencing to Receptor as well...but it has a registry file which might be hard to install on receptor. It "might" work as an unsupported plug, but perhaps only in demo mode. Have to try it. ( BTW: I am not an official MUSer..just a receptor addict :-)

TC

If that's possible it would be a reason to buy it for me.

Rony

Maybe Receptor can copy EnergyXT.

Are there other arpegiators that are really good that you can use in a chain?

Also, does Receptor have a built in sequencer?

tconrardy wrote:This would be GREAT...it would add sequencing to Receptor as well...but it has a registry file which might be hard to install on receptor. It "might" work as an unsupported plug, but perhaps only in demo mode. Have to try it. ( BTW: I am not an official MUSer..just a receptor addict :-)

TC
eXT doesn't use the registry, the installiation is just a dll + a text file.

cheers
jorgen
Half developer half human
XT Software
http://www.energy-xt.com

jorgen wrote:
tconrardy wrote:This would be GREAT...it would add sequencing to Receptor as well...but it has a registry file which might be hard to install on receptor. It "might" work as an unsupported plug, but perhaps only in demo mode. Have to try it. ( BTW: I am not an official MUSer..just a receptor addict :-)

TC
eXT doesn't use the registry, the installiation is just a dll + a text file.

cheers
jorgen

Ok..thanks for that info. Just tried it. Dropped the eXT VST version into the unsupported plugin folder. Went to setup on receptor and clicked the X to make it look in that folder. The DLL was not registered and nothing came up to install. DARN!

then tried the same thing with the effect version of eXT. The DLL was recognized. Then a dialog came up to show eXT where the VST plugins were, so I did that.

However selecting the plugin to instantigate ( as an effect, not an instrument )resulted in hanging receptor ( the busy hourglass ) I let it hang for a long time, then had to reboot. Did it twice to be sure.

DARN2 ! so..thats the report

don't know why the receptor is not accepting the VST version as well... . MUSers?

TC

We will try it.
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

Tim,

I noticed that the filename of the instrument version of eXT is all uppercase and if you change the .DLL extension to lowercase (.dll) Receptor sees it and allows you to install it! However, it is just as unstable as the effect version :(

I've just updated my Receptor with a newer version of the software (an internal revision, not available to the public yet) and eXT works much better, although there are still some issues. Hopefully the engineeering guys will have it sorted soon (although I'm not involved in that area...) :)

Ben | KvR wrote:Tim,

I noticed that the filename of the instrument version of eXT is all uppercase and if you change the .DLL extension to lowercase (.dll) Receptor sees it and allows you to install it! However, it is just as unstable as the effect version :(

I've just updated my Receptor with a newer version of the software (an internal revision, not available to the public yet) and eXT works much better, although there are still some issues. Hopefully the engineeering guys will have it sorted soon (although I'm not involved in that area...) :)
Thanks Ben...I will check it out!
It would be great to use eXT mainly so you can use the midi tools. You can have a riff going in eXT and jam along with another plug. Thats the way I want to use it.

Tim

Return to “Muse Research and Development”