PSP Echo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP Echo

Sorry if this is obvious, but what's the maximum delay time? Thanks!

Okay, after a quick initial test... PSP Echo sounds better than Echoes by a fair margin (although I love the Oilcan delay on that one). Bootsie's is actually close, but Echo sounds so lush... and the pitch bending effects are a bit more convincing to my ears.

Really like this one. I second the wish for a noise emulation.

ksandvik wrote:Another delay/echo from PSP? They really do like delays there...
I would add that they are very, very good with delays at PSP. Every delay they have is absolutely top-notch.
With Regards:
Ric (the) Obscene

I'm no expert on delays....

Just out of curiosity ; do any of you experts know if the topology of this new PSP delay has something on offer that's not on DMG Pitchfunk ??? purely by coincidence , I've been demoing PF , and aside from the crazy ass stuff it does it seems to my ears to have a really good delay algo .....
Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

I've got RP, 608, and MFM2, and the one I use most is NastyDLA. :shrug: I'm almost afraid to demo this. :hihi:

You are right to be afraid to demo it! Like others have said, the GUI is nice and big for blinder old guys like me, and I love the dirty-looking GUI. The actual sound quality, as usual with PSP, is astonishingly good for this price. If you have other products by them, there are decent discounts on top of the current special price.
And the wonky tape thing sounds lovely on electric pianos and guitars.
I have Lexicon and 608 already, both brilliant delays by these guys, but this is too tempting to pass up. I love PSP, real geniuses, and I don't even work for them or have anything to do with them.
And then . . . then . . . I promise I won't buy anything else ever.
I used to fart around with a Fender Strat through a WEM copycat, and this reminds me of it.
A sound I have tried to find again for a long time.
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

I love the GUI, except it's a little blurry on my screen.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

aMUSEd wrote:How is exactly an echo different from a delay?

Is this more an emulation of classic units like say an Echoplex?
Echo, yes, implies analog modelling. Basically, there will be deterioration of the fidelity of the signal, maybe progressive, and there could be pitch warping, distortion, noise, or other artifacts.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Crap, just what I DON'T need, another delay..........but I'm gonna demo it anyways :hihi:

antithesist wrote:Sorry if this is obvious, but what's the maximum delay time? Thanks!
Please?

hibidy wrote:Crap, just what I DON'T need, another delay..........but I'm gonna demo it anyways :hihi:
Damn I'am the same.
I have so many tape echoes (hardware and plugins).
I just love this kind of sound so I'm gonna demo it too.

EDIT:
After 5 minutes of demoing

PROS
-It sounds greaT....

CONS
-no randomness in warble and flutter FX
I can hear the LFO there. there is no LFO in hardware tape echo!!
-no analog noise

antithesist wrote:Sorry if this is obvious, but what's the maximum delay time? Thanks!
2000 ms

Has a good sound. Ducking is a interesting idea, eventually some external sidechain would be a good idea (with VST3).

MaxFell wrote:
2000 ms
Thanks, I wish it were longer for looping.

Man, I've got a pretty considerable investment in almost half their stuff already. I may have to pass on this one even though I can get it for $51.90. It does look nice. I must try to resist.

PSP: you need to update squad next so I can decide about selling it.

milosh_ wrote:
hibidy wrote:Crap, just what I DON'T need, another delay..........but I'm gonna demo it anyways :hihi:
Damn I'am the same.
I have so many tape echoes (hardware and plugins).
I just love this kind of sound so I'm gonna demo it too.

EDIT:
After 5 minutes of demoing

PROS
-It sounds greaT....

CONS
-no randomness in warble and flutter FX
I can hear the LFO there. there is no LFO in hardware tape echo!!

-no analog noise
Oh, that's kinda a drag

Return to “Effects”