One year since any Amplitube Custom Shop *amps* have been released... :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 AmpliTube Custom Shop

@Compyfox i don't know if the VOX in Revalver 4 sounds close to the real thing, but it sounds great as an amp, IMO. Kazrog will also release 4.1 update soon-ish, where there will be VOX as well.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I then have to buy into another company and/or "suite" again, with their own advantages/disadvantages. I wonder why it is so difficult to outsource plugins?

I mean, Brainworx can do it, Ignite Amps can do it. TSE did it before they introduced the "suite". I want to be flexible, not being "pushed" to something.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

AC222 wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Yes, these are official and the Mark III is updated DSP (MESA/Boogie has VERY high standards and this took a long time to bring to you because of this very stringent process which surely kept us on our game!). The other models will remain available, though.

We are now offering a special preorder price and you can get more information about that and overall about AmpliTube MESA/Boogie at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mesa/

Again, these are official models and they meet the very tough and high standards of MESA/Boogie and that's something we are proud of. These are the models that MESA/Boogie put their name on officially. They are known for their high standards and we are now more aware of them than ever :)
Peter, thanks to you and the IK team for a stunning effort. I think the team actually made a great choice with this because I always felt like the rectifier emulation was great but had a tad room to improve while the Marshall, Orange, Fender, Engl, and Soldanos were just right. This collection really rounds out the current lineup nicely. By the way, I really love the GUI work. It's almost photorealistic and inspiring. The demo sounds pretty darn good. I am getting greedy here but please keep em coming! I can never have enough quality IK amp sims :tu:
Thanks, we'll have more gear coming (T-RackS next) and will continue to bring the level of quality up with each release of gear. When I posted the GUI before the announcement, there were a few that thought we were just posting pictures of the real amps (even though you could look closely and see the AmpliTube elements when they were full size). This is definitely a release we'll be proud to have been part of, and the fact that MESA is also proud enough to approve - through a VERY rigorous process - is something we are also proud of.

I'm not sure what's going on with the misunderstanding of a previous post, but again - in the very speculated-upon AmpliTube 4 all of the previous gear will work AND your copy of AmpliTube 3 will not mysteriously stop working nor will your User Area dry up (I still have AmpliTube 2 available there, as would anybody who has registered it). [Edit - keep it simple]

Hi Peter,

I've 3 questions, perheaps it has already been asked, sorry if it is the case.

- is it planned to have something like an upgrade path in the custom shop ? (True for both Amplitude and TRACKS) For exemple: I would like to buy (with credit or money) the TRACKS British Studio Series bundle. Yet I already own some VSTs already included. It could be nice that the bundle proce/credits is proposed taking into account the plugins I already own ?
- AmpliTube MESA/Boogie: will you sell each amp separatly ? Or will you only propose the bundle ?
- Have you planned more video from this new bundle ? because at this step difficult to judge ...

Thanks
Yo

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I'm not sure what's going on with the misunderstanding of a previous post, but again - in the very speculated-upon AmpliTube 4 all of the previous gear will work AND your copy of AmpliTube 3 will not mysteriously stop working nor will your User Area dry up (I still have AmpliTube 2 available there, as would anybody who has registered it). [Edit - keep it simple]
It was a clear difference during the "switch from 32bit to 64bit", and where T-Racks (Classic) changed to the Custom Shop system. But we're currently still on a platform where drastic changes are not necessary. So a "upgrade price" is actually beyond me (for what?!).

The current engine is already annoying enough:
- don't keep up with updates, the engine FORCED you to and locks you out otherwise.

If I keep AT3 or T-Racks (are we on v3 or v4? Lost track), but want to activate my modules, I NEED the darn Custom Shop updates. And therefore also an update the whole software bundle (meaning - another 350MB download).

So can you GUARANTEE us current AT/T-Racks users, that an update to "version 4" (or the next higher) will work and we must not(!) invest anything to keep continuing what we once paid for already?

It's hard as it is to even sell your plugins if we don't want it anymore (again - speaking from a "use your wallet as lever" viewpoint here). Whatever was bought through the CS is "NFR", and everything else is so under value due to constant sales that it doesn't make sense selling.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

AmpliTube 4 will be a major release (hence the full increment, I apologize if that might not have been clear). AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is gear for custom shop.

The speculation about functionality of unreleased software is not something I am going to go into great detail here, I can imagine most understand why. There will be news when we approach release, I'm known to spend some time here at KVR so I'm sure I'll share it with you when the time comes. Thanks for the interest. If you want a GUARANTEE before the software is released, you can use the multiple methods of contact available on the IK web site to see if there's someone else that might do something so ill-advised as I am not going to guarantee anything about unreleased software on a forum.

yomanfree wrote:Hi Peter,

- is it planned to have something like an upgrade path in the custom shop ? (True for both Amplitude and TRACKS) For exemple: I would like to buy (with credit or money) the TRACKS British Studio Series bundle. Yet I already own some VSTs already included. It could be nice that the bundle proce/credits is proposed taking into account the plugins I already own ?
- AmpliTube MESA/Boogie: will you sell each amp separatly ? Or will you only propose the bundle ?
- Have you planned more video from this new bundle ? because at this step difficult to judge ...

Thanks
Yo
Hi Yo,

1. I've mentioned this to the team as it has been suggested by others, but I do not know if there are plans to implement something along those lines at this time. I'll nudge about it again.
2. Yes, though not during the preorder period.
3. Definitely, and there are audio demos coming soon too.

Thanks!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:AmpliTube 4 will be a major release (hence the full increment, I apologize if that might not have been clear). AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is gear for custom shop.
To my understanding, "Amplitube" and "T-Racks" these days is just the "engine"; while the modules that "drive" the engine are , what we know as "Custom Shop Modules".

I've seen the new GUI for iOS at Musikmesse, but didn't bother to actually ask questions. As the last time I did this, I was so disappointed by the promises that were never kept, and adding to that the constant promo-fest on Social Media and KVR... I gave up on it. Not to mention that the booth was constantly full and nobody seemed to care to even answer Q's.

So unless "Engine 4" is drastically different than what we currently have - and by that a complete new placement system for cabinets, the modules being drastically enhanced sonically, etc - then I don't see a reason for a paid upgrade just because It's looking better, but the functionality is the same. Yet users have to(!) shell out money to even be able to use AT4 - especially if users want to get newer gear that is Engine 4 exclusive.

Which to me is nothing more than a snake oil scenario with very, very crazy rules (resale politics comes to mind).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If you want a GUARANTEE before the software is released, you can use the multiple methods of contact available on the IK web site to see if there's someone else that might do something so ill-advised as I am not going to guarantee anything about unreleased software on a forum.
I remember how well that went with ARC and the yet-to-be-released (since early 2000s btw!) surround version, and my Q's regarding T-Racks.

I stand by my point - pity that I can't sell my IKM gear.
You lost me a couple of years back (actually, finally with the "trading card system") - and a "flashy new GUI" just doesn't win me back.

AmpliTube 4 will be much more than a "fancy new GUI" and again will be a major upgrade which is why it will not be 3.x... I wouldn't minimize the complexity of two of our flagship products as "just an engine" but you have every right to your opinion. But to put it into terms that seem to suit you, the new "engine" will be powerful enough and have enough new features and such to warrant a full version number. I do hope that finally makes some sense, but alas you are no longer using your IK products so I suppose it is an exercise in futility anyway. I do apologize that features you have requested have not come to light, and that has caused you such frustration.

If your insinuation and speculation that it may just "look better" (as if we haven't clearly been improving our technology regularly, which we obviously have) because other products have not had your specific feature requests implements could be considered insulting and entitled but really if you are no longer using the products but want to take every opportunity to smear IK out of frustration I can understand why you might think that and want to try to plant that seed to keep others from using IK products. Don't worry, go ahead and respond I will let you have the last word as you are prone to enjoy, unless there is more rabid speculation and assumption that needs gentle correction.

Luckily, companies like MESA/Boogie and other industry giants looked and listened objectively and chose IK due to our prowess and advancing of our technology and modeling techniques instead of our ability to also produce a pretty GUI so I'll stick with that as a nice pat on the back for the quality of IK products.

One thing that is not speculation is that the preorder price is going to go up upon release of AmpliTube MESA/Boogie so if you want to save on it you can preorder at a special introductory price.

Yeah,

For what it's worth, I'm excited about the release of Amplitube 4 and it's been made clear that it will be more than just a small update.

I have found that Peter and the IK team have done a fantastic job at communicating feedback from folks like us. A few examples: after a number of requests, IK painstakingly modeled a Neve 33609, a 1073, 1081, and API eq, and now the Mesa boogie lineup (which I remember some years back saying I hope they could improve). It takes time to develop all these things but IK has made it happen.

With that said, I'm sure the new version will be fantastic as it is bound to reflect the culmination of consistent feedback from the likes of people like us.

I ended up preordering the Mesa boogie package yesterday and think it's an extremely good deal for (judging by the demos and quality of IK's prior offerings) sounds very close to the real thing.

Thanks for the answers, helpfull as usual.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
yomanfree wrote:Hi Peter,

Thanks
Yo
Hi Yo,

1. I've mentioned this to the team as it has been suggested by others, but I do not know if there are plans to implement something along those lines at this time. I'll nudge about it again.
2. Yes, though not during the preorder period.
3. Definitely, and there are audio demos coming soon too.

Thanks!

Wow Peter... you went full "Brian" and "Obik" all in one.

Slow - clap.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I do apologize that features you have requested have not come to light, and that has caused you such frustration.
It is not only about the "features", it's about the customer treatment, the pricing and handling of purchases, the constant sales (which only devaluate the company's products).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Don't worry, go ahead and respond I will let you have the last word as you are prone to enjoy, unless there is more rabid speculation and assumption that needs gentle correction.
I'm sure not the first person addressing this. But well - it's funny how quick a thread can turn around once there is "one" person that is not putting up with the usual "fair speaking"

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Luckily, companies like MESA/Boogie and other industry giants looked and listened objectively and chose IK due to our prowess and advancing of our technology and modeling techniques instead of our ability to also produce a pretty GUI so I'll stick with that as a nice pat on the back for the quality of IK products.
This is why companies also collaborate with other developers to give their (as you mentioned it earlier) approval for an official/endorsed release.

IK Multimedia is just one among many companies/developes now. Yet their "forum people" act like as if it's the only relevant company (with or without "official endorsements"). Whatever floats your boat.

Saw the PM btw. I'll be answering shortly.
I made my point, no reason to continue in here.
Last edited by Compyfox on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Compyfox wrote:IK Multimedia is just one among many companies now. Yet their "forum people" act like as if it's the only company relevant.
Not my impression. I find Peter's posts quite balanced for a company rep and I'm always happy to read whatever information he shares.

Maybe take a dive into the backlogs of these rep's, and see how many "thread jumps" have happened.

Just my 2c however.

MESA/Boogie, Fender, Orange, Soldano work exclusively with IK on official models for a reason. That's why Cliff Cooper (Orange founder and CEO) had this to say:
“We work closely with the IK engineers and programmers to ensure the quality and accuracy of the sound. There is a lot of software out there that claim to give the Orange sound, but they don’t even come close. With IK we can sit down together and nail the Orange sound.”
You are right, though, I apologize for the thread jump, I'll make sure there's an actual topic with a proper title so nobody misses it thinking this is just about general AT CS gear not being available for quite some time or people who don't want to read my posts can easily just move along.

Return to “Effects”