New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

dermage wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:54 pm
steff3 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:28 pm Anyone else having issue with byome on Win10 (I am using Waveform 9, Bitwig, Reason - all latest versions) - seems like in Waveform and Bitwig I cannot make connections ( e.g. from modulator outputs to fx param inputs) - on presets not at all and for the default plugin setting it seems not anymore after adding a module.
Did you try to turn off OpenGL rendering in the menu?
thanks for your suggestion

tried with openGL on and off - no difference .... not working

JerGoertz wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:46 pm
SteveWZ wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:45 am
JerGoertz wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:42 am Would like to hear more presets that aren't glitch-oriented. (With that said, I haven't installed the demo yet due to downloading issues.)
Here is one (more in there):

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... udio-byome
Cool! Nice work
Thanks, here is another example of BYOME not glitchy:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... itar-video

focusrite wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 pm

Was having similar issues, changed to best appearance settings rather than best performance in Windows control panel and the tool tips now show fine.
Hi thanks for the info. I'm on Win7 . Is this under personalization options?

NM found it. But it doesn't work for me . Thanks anyway :)
I would try getting the newest video card update, cant hurt.

I see the G8 is on sale, thought gates were just about mastering (hence to me boring) but the ads seem to imply it can also be used creatively to mangle sounds? I'd like to know some more about that.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:58 pm I see the G8 is on sale, thought gates were just about mastering (hence to me boring) but the ads seem to imply it can also be used creatively to mangle sounds? I'd like to know some more about that.
Gates were originally more for the recording/tracking stage than mastering. Basic usage is cutting out sound below a threshold, so good for noise reduction at source.
Gating is amplitude modulation; do it fast enough, its starts to be perceived timbrally rather than in terms of volume. PA's demo shows some of the basic mangling possibility...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwY3cp8YwA
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:58 pm I see the G8 is on sale, thought gates were just about mastering (hence to me boring) but the ads seem to imply it can also be used creatively to mangle sounds? I'd like to know some more about that.
Mentioned a few times in this thread, but G8's star feature is the ability to put the gated portion of the sound on a different channel, so you can process everything above and below the threshold separately. Add in the one-shot gate mode and you're close to a 'transient splitter' which will let you process only your transients.

thelizard wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 pm We’ve isolated an issue that is likely causing the GUI slowdowns reported in this thread. Performance is already greatly improved on our machines. We will send a patch to Plugin Alliance once we also reproduce a few reported crashes.

We greatly appreciate all of the positive feedback so far. This plugin was a massive undertaking for Josh and I, and the codebase is larger than all of our previous plugins combined. We’re very happy with the low number of bug reports so far, but we want to make sure that the BYOME experience is rock solid for everyone.

If you encounter any bugs, please report them on the Plugin Alliance Tech Support page (https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/tech_support.html). They keep track of every bug for us, along with detailed tech specs and steps to reproduce. Additionally, sending reports through them will also alert their Quality Assurance team. This will ensure the fastest turnaround on our end, as every engineer will know what to test in the next patch.

Hey! Any chance of scroll-wheel support for the module slider, so we can zip along our long module chains with ease?

euanek wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:06 pm Hey! Any chance of scroll-wheel support for the module slider, so we can zip along our long module chains with ease?
i have a mx revolution, and the side scroll wheel works just fine...so the support is already there. does your mouse have a tilt wheel? or can you modify the functions at all?
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:22 pm
euanek wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:06 pm Hey! Any chance of scroll-wheel support for the module slider, so we can zip along our long module chains with ease?
i have a mx revolution, and the side scroll wheel works just fine...so the support is already there. does your mouse have a tilt wheel? or can you modify the functions at all?
I don't have a tilt wheel, unfortunately...

nathanj wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:11 am Could someone explain the overlap between BYOME and the other time domain effects from UnfIltered Audio?

Just bought BYOME and love it but I haven’t had much of a chance to play around with it. I’ve been looking at Zip as well but am wondering what the overlap is. Do the standalone plugins still offer elements that weren’t included in BYOME?

Also, what’s the chances of the new modifiers being added to Spec Ops?

Thanks, Nathan
Biome consists of small modules that you can chain one to the other in different ways, kind of like a guitar effects board, but with effect modules and ways to configure them that go beyond what you will find in a standard pedalboard. Plus you can like modulate these parameters in many kinds of ways.

So it is far bend a simple delay, or a frequency shifter. BYOME actually stands for Build Your Own Modular Effect, if that's any indication.

Anyone notice when the price of Spec Ops went from 129 to 149 on the Plugin Alliance site?

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ecops.html

Hopefully it'll be on sale for one of the upcoming sales

nathanj wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:35 pm Anyone notice when the price of Spec Ops went from 129 to 149 on the Plugin Alliance site?

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ecops.html

Hopefully it'll be on sale for one of the upcoming sales
Be glad its not yet $249 :hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Ha, as long as they throw it on sale sub $50 I don't care what the retail price is :wink:

nathanj wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:14 pm Ha, as long as they throw it on sale sub $50 I don't care what the retail price is :wink:
They seem to have a more ruthless price approach, I can’t see it being that cheap.

thelizard wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 pm We’ve isolated an issue that is likely causing the GUI slowdowns reported in this thread. Performance is already greatly improved on our machines. We will send a patch to Plugin Alliance once we also reproduce a few reported crashes.

We greatly appreciate all of the positive feedback so far. This plugin was a massive undertaking for Josh and I, and the codebase is larger than all of our previous plugins combined. We’re very happy with the low number of bug reports so far, but we want to make sure that the BYOME experience is rock solid for everyone.

If you encounter any bugs, please report them on the Plugin Alliance Tech Support page (https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/tech_support.html). They keep track of every bug for us, along with detailed tech specs and steps to reproduce. Additionally, sending reports through them will also alert their Quality Assurance team. This will ensure the fastest turnaround on our end, as every engineer will know what to test in the next patch.
Any word on the new build/update?
I have contacted PA several times in recent weeks and all they say is, they're waiting for your build to ship.

I'm constantly getting crashes when opening/closing projects in Ableton Live 10 (Because of the old broken PA framework, was already confirmed by Support, new Bx devices do not do this anymore, but everything from UA does). Also it so much affects my Max Devices I can't work with them anymore. Gets more annoying day by day. I'm quite desperate :(

Return to “Effects”