T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

The small change I referred to above is that in our current Upgrade for All promotion, there are items available at a discounted rate using Gear Credits which had not been the norm in recent promotions.

Wow :party: Real news had been, if in addition to that IK accepts 50 % share paid by jampoints. The previous doesn´t make my purchase from IK not a bit more advantageous - unless one could buy credits extra cheap and pay at least 30 % of those credits by jampoints.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I will say as politely as possible that while you may prefer a company or two who've been named I can point to certain business metrics that show we companies are ALL (or all should be) utilizing what works for us to meet the metrics that keep businesses in business.
I agree, and that is of course also obvious, as it's businesses we are talking about here. I'm only expressing my personal opinion on the matter, as politely as possible :), having read your responses to some previous comments. I don't expect actually debating it doing any good. You do what you have to do.

Having worked in the games industry for quite a while I'm well familiar with business realities, analytics and marketing strategies. The thing is, I don't appreciate "gamey" meta constructs like different kinds of toy money built around professional tools to meet said metrics. Again, that's just how I see things. It feels cheap and follows the sort of psychological marketing pattern described above.

All companies utilize what brings them profit, that is (again obviously) true, but I would find it intellectually dishonest to imply, then, a particular soft currency scheme mandatory for products like this, because of that business reality. Not that I'm saying you are necessarily implying that.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We wouldn't be able to provide the cool tools you use to make music if we did not.
Yes. You would be able to provide the cool tools with any strategy that generates enough profit, and you have just chosen to go with the gamey model. You have done it for a long time, have good historical data on how to tweak it to meet the figures, and hey, it works. However, the correct conclusion isn't "what we are currently doing works well, so it must follow that this model is the way these things have to be done in order to stay in business." It's likely it's just the most convenient model for you now, having invested in it greatly, having ran deep analytics on it, and so on and so on.

Doesn't change the fact it's quite the soft currency scheme you've got going there :D. (And yep, that's all I wanted to say about it, carry on.)

I never said nor even implied that it was mandatory so you are correct in stating so in your message - not for others, nor for us (we don't force anybody to use Gear Credits, nor JamPoints but I don't see why you wouldn't use those if applicable as that's a discount you'd be passing up). You don't like "soft currencies"? Don't use them, we offer other options. We offer a broad set of options for people who would like to purchase our products, including major music retailers. And none of these options are offered based on convenience of the model, nor as required to stay in business. I didn't imply that either - I implied that our overall market does respond to these options and we're willing to make and have made changes along the way to meet consumer demand and will continue to do so.

Beyond that, I'm afraid anybody that is more deeply interested in how we run a successful business will have to check out our available positions and get on board as I am not able to go into greater detail about how IK has run a successful business and evolved over 20+ years on a public forum :)

How about that T-RackS 5, though? We did have some great demonstrations and two pro audio panels at NAMM recently. We have one of the Tom Lord-Alge presentations posted on our YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHN8XV8U6hU

Let me guess, you can't use JamPoints on the current IK Upgrade For All promotion. Maybe it should be retitled the Upgrade For All (except those who were hoping to use their dust collecting Jam Points)

jbarish wrote:Let me guess, you can't use JamPoints on the current IK Upgrade For All promotion. Maybe it should be retitled the Upgrade For All (except those who were hoping to use their dust collecting Jam Points)
You don't have to guess, but I understand sometimes the initial reaction here is to do so - even though the promotion does not state there's any such limitation and if you go through the short process of adding the product you'd like to purchase in your cart and utilizing your JamPoints you can also see that you can indeed use your JamPoints.

No re-titling necessary and an even better deal for our loyal customers! What a deal.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
jbarish wrote:Let me guess, you can't use JamPoints on the current IK Upgrade For All promotion. Maybe it should be retitled the Upgrade For All (except those who were hoping to use their dust collecting Jam Points)
You don't have to guess, but I understand sometimes the initial reaction here is to do so - even though the promotion does not state there's any such limitation and if you go through the short process of adding the product you'd like to purchase in your cart and utilizing your JamPoints you can also see that you can indeed use your JamPoints.

No re-titling necessary and an even better deal for our loyal customers! What a deal.
Then kudos to IK for the about face. That makes it an excellent deal and it's always heartening to see a company listening to it's user base!

kgdrum wrote:early count
1 like GC/JP 4 don't like GC/JP

@ Burrillo what happens if IK goes the way of Cakewalk,Camel Audio,Roger Nichols etc.....or does a Bankruptcy?

$1500? WOW! :help:
that's the thing - 1500 credits bought individually is $1500, but not when you buy them in bulk. for me, that worked out to just over 300 EUR, if i remember correctly. considering how much mileage and how much products i got for those, the value was great.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

jbarish wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:

Then kudos to IK for the about face. That makes it an excellent deal and it's always heartening to see a company listening to it's user base!
We did make the change to allow JamPoints on more sales/promo items a while back, though I admit it was a double-edged sword as the percentage became 30% at that time. There will be more improvements going forward, the small item about using Gear Credits for some items in this promotion was not the be-all-end-all either just so people are aware :)

I didn't want to leave people underwhelmed. At least "fairly whelmed" with that news would be better for the time being and we'll look forward to the future and more whelming and whatnot.

Edit - oh and for 100% transparency I did double-check that the news was correct on the JamPoints point so I can't throw stones for any assumptions that may have been made regardless of lack of JamPoints exclusion disclaimer, etc ;)

I'm evaluating the Dyna-Mu demo and I can't resize it (I'm in vst mode but it's the same in standalone). It is a demo limitation or a bug?

@Peter - IK Multimedia I appreciated the video series with TLA. Is it possible to have a video where he talks about guitars and other instruments like the piano, please?

tappert wrote:I'm evaluating the Dyna-Mu demo and I can't resize it (I'm in vst mode but it's the same in standalone). It is a demo limitation or a bug?
I believe that resizing gets enabled only after a purchase of T-Racks 5. Actually, the resizable UIs only get bigger (than the non-resizable version), not smaller. Except for maybe EQual, the resizing isn't all the useful, IMO, unless you are using a massively-high-resolution video monitor.

mementus wrote:@Peter - IK Multimedia I appreciated the video series with TLA. Is it possible to have a video where he talks about guitars and other instruments like the piano, please?
This has definitely been mentioned (more like "get TLA to do a video on every imaginable track he'd mix!") so I will make sure the request is refreshed :)

<< moved to specific Leslie thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7009241 >>
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

5.1 is out with the new Leslie and it also fixes the 432 UI, which is now much more legible.

Return to “Effects”