Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yellowmix wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:22 pm For TRIAD, BYOME, Lion — Deep Reverb, please make Flush a modulation target.
+1
:tu:

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:36 am Can one do feedback loops within Triad?
Yes.... that would be something :clap:

Looove the powerful feedback system in - PSP N20

Wow. Triad is down to $39.99 in the Mega Sale.
Only $19.99 with the code MEGA-SALE-20OFF (valid for another 7 hours and 10 mins).

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... triad.html

Definitely bought that. Wasn’t even aware of unfiltered until the recent PA sale too

What a beast this plug-in is !!

Quite versatile

going through the manual...in re oversampling ;-)

in the manual i can read:
if you are using this effect
it is worth enabling oversampling in the global
options menu
with the "options menu" i asume the cogwheel on the preset-line is meant ?
i cannot find any entry regarding oversampling there...

i am using v1.1.3 which as far as i can see seems to be the most current...

also in the manual, p.51, there should be a "Use OpenGL" entry in the options menu
seems to be also missing

am i missing something?
or
anybody (from unfiltered audio) knows if those otpions will be implemnted someday ?

just curious ;-)

p.s.:
ditto with BYOME

muki wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:39 pm going through the manual...in re oversampling ;-)

in the manual i can read:
if you are using this effect
it is worth enabling oversampling in the global
options menu
with the "options menu" i asume the cogwheel on the preset-line is meant ?
i cannot find any entry regarding oversampling there...

i am using v1.1.3 which as far as i can see seems to be the most current...

also in the manual, p.51, there should be a "Use OpenGL" entry in the options menu
seems to be also missing

am i missing something?
or
anybody (from unfiltered audio) knows if those otpions will be implemnted someday ?

just curious ;-)

p.s.:
ditto with BYOME
openGL has been removed at some point. so it is missing, indeed, because it doesn't exist anymore...

oversampling option, i never noticed, even not the reference, i found it now, i do RTFM, but read over oversampling...
yes mentioned at the satuaration effect...

i like Unfiltered Audio a lot, synth + effects, use them often, but there manuals aren't always that clear, or up-to-date, or without faults...

Yes, that's definitely a typo in the manual. We had tested BYOME/Triad with an oversampling feature, but it ended up being a mess (since oversampling things like reverbs ends up being super expensive for zero benefit).

You could implement oversampling just for single objects like a distortion… It might be worth the overhead…

thelizard wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:42 pm We had tested BYOME/Triad with an oversampling feature, but it ended up being a mess (since oversampling things like reverbs ends up being super expensive for zero benefit).
thanks michael for replying

i see...well, but what about, what TJ writes ?
You could implement oversampling just for single objects like a distortion
a sine at 9.4k going through BYOME/TRIAD saturation at hardclicp 4.4x gives a "wonderful"
hearable foldback at 1k...

oversampling works so well in Dent/Ident :-)
maybe a little "OS" button/menudropdown (2x4x8x) in the titlebar of the distortions modules ?

wishlist item for triad:

-)
i'd like to have the otpion *) to habe all BYOME rows full size open visible
imho the y-size of the screen isn't that much of an issue (nowadays)
and visually i might be favouring an all bells&whistles full animated 3-row view ;-)

imho handy when (for example) finetuning subtle multiple LFOs across several rows

*)
"option" by means of cogwheel-option preference or on/off switch in the browserbar
(preferred)

-)
option-drag&drop of objects for duplicate
simply hold down the alt/option key, drag&drop an item to the right and have it duplcaed upon drop

even cooler: across all rows, i.e.: also vertically

Hey all: Resurrecting this thread as I'm very interested in TRIAD... but in on my MacBook Air M2 24GB RAM, just flipping through a few presets consistently crashes Logic (10.7.5 on MacOS Ventura 13.1). 100% repros just flipping through presets by about the 4th or 5th preset every time. Is this a known issue?

lightsfadelow wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:14 am Hey all: Resurrecting this thread as I'm very interested in TRIAD... but in on my MacBook Air M2 24GB RAM, just flipping through a few presets consistently crashes Logic (10.7.5 on MacOS Ventura 13.1). 100% repros just flipping through presets by about the 4th or 5th preset every time. Is this a known issue?
It's a Ventura issue. A large percentage of plugins that were crash free on Logic in Monterey, will crash Logic in Ventura when selecting parameters, entering text, changing presets etc. Yet another hurdle Apple has placed in front of plugin devs just to maintain viability, so Triad will require a Ventura update.

trackbout wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:05 am
lightsfadelow wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:14 am Hey all: Resurrecting this thread as I'm very interested in TRIAD... but in on my MacBook Air M2 24GB RAM, just flipping through a few presets consistently crashes Logic (10.7.5 on MacOS Ventura 13.1). 100% repros just flipping through presets by about the 4th or 5th preset every time. Is this a known issue?
It's a Ventura issue. A large percentage of plugins that were crash free on Logic in Monterey, will crash Logic in Ventura when selecting parameters, entering text, changing presets etc. Yet another hurdle Apple has placed in front of plugin devs just to maintain viability, so Triad will require a Ventura update.
I sure hope UA has a fix in the queue. If not, I'm game to help track it down if they don't have a consistent repro.
I have a metric ton of plugins (Arturia, iZotope, SoundToys, Rob Papen, Spitfire, NI, Cherry Audio, XLN, PSP, Melda, Sonimus, even Sonnox... all the native M1 versions) and the only crashes I've had are in TRIAD and Bass Mint. The only Ventura issue I've had is an intermittent keyboard focus problem before this. I'm not saying that this isn't an issue that Ventura uncovered.... but it is the only crashing plugin I've run. (Granted, it's a very ambitious plugin and might be doing some pretty unique stuff.)

You must not have been using Voltage Modular bc that was one of the weirdest bugs of all, it would dump all these random files into your Documents folder before it crashed. It's since been fixed though, Cherry Audio are outstanding devs and outstanding devs ship. Tone Projects were crashing, they've fixed Basslane Pro but not Kelvin yet, Sonible were crashing, I think they're all fixed, lots of iLok plugins were crashing bc of iLok, I think that's mostly fixed, UA as you've seen, hopefully they're on it. I can't remember them all, but basically if a plugin crashes in Logic on Ventura, you can be 90% sure that it's bc of Ventura and will require an update.

Return to “Effects”