iZotope bought Exponential Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

ATS wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:06 am I'm demoing them right now. So far I do like them a lot. Going to spend some time before/if I buy though.
Make sure to explore the presets and browser - there is a lot there. :phones:

ATS wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:34 am Is the $199 bundle for izotope customers a good deal for these reverbs? I never heard of them before. I may demo them but were they ever cheaper than this in the past? https://www.izotope.com/en/products/exp ... undle.html

It’s an Amazing Deal!
The developer,Michael Cairnes was the developer of various Lexicon reverbs,these are exceptional!

:tu:
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

kgdrum wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:10 am
ATS wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:34 am Is the $199 bundle for izotope customers a good deal for these reverbs? I never heard of them before. I may demo them but were they ever cheaper than this in the past? https://www.izotope.com/en/products/exp ... undle.html

It’s an Amazing Deal!
The developer,Michael Cairnes was the developer of various Lexicon reverbs,these are exceptional!

:tu:

that's sorta funny you say that. I was comparing one of them to a lexicon one just now and they sounded really close.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:23 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:16 pm Except for their "one newsletter per day" marketing, i don't have an issue with iZotope. It also seems like the prices for the EA plugins have remained the same.
The thing that I’m concerned about is izotope’s tendency to charge the f**k out of you for version updates like they do for RX and randomly discontinue products for no apparent reason. Their shitty business practices suck nearly as bad as their secrecy regarding upcoming updates. They don’t outright say that iris is no longer supported but they haven’t fixed any bugs or offered any info for a long time. EA, on the other hand, are pretty open in my dealings with them.
Exactly. Iris 2 was an insult to Iris 1 users, with bugs and incompatibility issues they never adressed, and I basically can't update my Music Production Bundle 2 without paying a ridiculous amount (even with occasional sales) because they discontinued that bundle and replaced it with a new one that includes products like RX I don't want to have to pay for so now I'm stuck with stuff that is getting older and updates getting further out of reach each year. They also discontinued Spectron and now it no longer works in most hosts.

Then again EA did something similar with Phoenixverb -> Nimbus so maybe they belong together businesswise.

Very bad news! I like izotopes products but their upgrade policy is a joke.
Maybe for newcomers it is nice guess we will see r4 sales for 49 bucks etc ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

No mail, no nothing from Exponential to advice us about this move?
I'll contact them for some clarifications about the ones that already own them products.
But still, sounds a bit awkward...

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:17 am Then again EA did something similar with Phoenixverb -> Nimbus so maybe they belong together businesswise.
That was the moment I stopped buying from Exponential Audio. And I haven’t updated my Izotope plugin in long while. Fortunately the old Izotope software still sounds excellent :wink:
Last edited by kiezum on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

nordickvr wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am No mail, no nothing from Exponential to advice us about this move?
I'll contact them for some clarifications about the ones that already own them products.
I hope they don’t exchange emailaddresses of customers without consent. It’s forbidden in Europe. Plugin Alliance made that mistake.

How about a bit of patience before making false accusations?

I agree with most posts

It looks like a good match up
I have no problem with izotopes authoriser, updated, EA will benefit from this
Initial 199 USD for Stereo Reverb Bundle is a very good deal.
Ultimately it will probably be even cheaper when it is part of MPB 3 or something

Sure, iZ update a lot, the updates are often small, skip a few versions and wait for a 50% off sale (2-3 times a year!) and there is good value in the upgrade...same as NI...
Last edited by SLiC on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:22 pm Initial 199 USD for everything EA is a very good deal.
Where do you see that? I only see $1.049 for everything EA.

$199 would be pretty surprising considering some of the single plugins cost that much, even with 20% off. :D

kgdrum wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:28 am I couldn’t find any upgrade prices,I want to upgrade from R2 to R4
Confusing R4 isn't an upgrade to R2, they're two (very slightly) different algos (unless I've misunderstood):

https://www.exponentialaudio.com/r4-faq
Does R4 sound like R2, just with more parameters?
No. It can be very close, but it's not an exact match and is not intended as a substitute. All of the R2 presets have been imported into R4, but they will sound a little different.

ExponentialAudio.com is gone i think.

kiezum wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:46 am
nordickvr wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am No mail, no nothing from Exponential to advice us about this move?
I hope they don’t exchange emailaddresses of customers without consent. It’s forbidden in Europe. Plugin Alliance made that mistake.
I think you must confuse something here. If Izotope purchase Exponential Audio they also obtain the customer database as then EA becomes a part of Izotope (which is exactly what happened here). Hence nothing needs to be "exchanged" since nothing leaves the company. And thus is it perfectly legal in Europe for Izotope to have the e-mail adresses of EA customers. Plugin Alliance usually forms strategic partnerships, which is something entirely different.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:28 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:22 pm Initial 199 USD for everything EA is a very good deal.
Where do you see that? I only see $1.049 for everything EA.

$199 would be pretty surprising considering some of the single plugins cost that much, even with 20% off. :D
I don't think it's everything, but the $199 Stereo Reverb Bundle upgrade/crossgrade is at the bottom of this page.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/exp ... icing.html

Also, as an FYI to those concerned, EA had already transitioned some products to not require the iLok dongle, just the License Manager software.

Return to “Effects”