FREE Zoom MS-50G/CDR-60 amp/effects sim pedal is Tonelib GFX vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know how this didn't get any thread attention. This is a completely free full fledged quality amp sim complete with tuner, amps, cabs, IR loader and plenty of great stomp effects, including some very nice delays, choruses and reverbs, and also an Ampeg bass amp model plus preset list/bank saving. It feels sounds and plays great with a layout similiar to Line 6 Helix and Overloud TH-3. Easy to use gui and workflow. And its completely free, easy one click download.

I've basically made an assumption/correlation that it's the guy who programmed the effects for the Zoom multi stomp pedals (MS-50G, MS-70 CDR, MS-60B). They also have free software editors for the respective pedals if anyone needs more convincing. I have the MS-60B pedal and the vst effect graphics and parameters for the effects are identical and have the same sound.

This is better than a lot of paid ampsims, with one exception is that it does not have host bpm/tempo tap sync for delay/mod effects, but the originals pedals did not either (well you can tap tempo when in edit mode on the pedal)

https://tonelib.net/gfx-overview/

Cool.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Thanks for the heads-up, metallifux! Downloading now... :hug:

Just downloaded, tried the Acoustic Sim which is rarer in freebies -sounds pretty good. Thanks for the tip metallifux
Sounds well worth a try folks

screen shot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice to see this getting some love. While it's not breaking any new ground it is good at what it does.
Also has on line patch sharing which is pretty cool and there was a recent update so it's still being looked after.
I've been using this for a couple of weeks now standalone and vst with no issues. I think there is something special about the feel when playing thru this that I'm not getting with other amp sims.

For a freebie it is great, really like the quality of the acoustic Sim so far

Hehe, I was going to start a thread on this - been using it a few weeks, really liking it.

GUI is a bit, well, massive, and the navigation etc could be better (takes a bit of doing to replace effects etc), but who cares - the sound is good. Used it on a few songs now - very good at spiky indie clean and crunchy sounds and importantly - passes the jangle test. Effects are very good too. Great, especially for nowt!

The sound is good, I've been trying out the various bits - very nice. Deserves our support .

I usually load up the "Comfortably Torpid" preset and go from there, obviously a nod to a Gilmour overdriven lead tone. The Plexi model is great, plus the Klon emulation pedal. The feel and dynamic response is really good, almost on par with S-Gear's plexi model.

This is really interesting. Thank you so much for the heads up! ;)

How come this is freeware?! :o

Gosh, I would so love to be able to turn off the hints. They really bother me. I've looked everywhere, even under my table, and couldn't find the option to turn them off. :? If somebody knows how to turn these annoying hints off, please share with us. :hyper:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Wow, I just tried it, and I don't understand the awe; it won't replace any of my current sims. Even if you are saying it's great "for the price" but there are better sounding free ones. I like the UI and how you can edit the whole thing, but I want to enjoy the sounds.

lajosuti wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:24 am Wow, I just tried it, and I don't understand the awe; it won't replace any of my current sims. Even if you are saying it's great "for the price" but there are better sounding free ones. I like the UI and how you can edit the whole thing, but I want to enjoy the sounds.
Well as I said I like it for the Acoustic Sim , also tried some of the pedals so far

They just updated this and it now has host tempo/beat division sync for all the mod and delay fx.

They appear to be paid?
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

Return to “Effects”