Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oonabe wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:22 am Here is an alternative to Ovox and VocalSynth2, for me it comes kind of late as I already own the other two and I don't think I need a third one, but maybe interesting for someone else...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMSA566zK3k
I have that too but I find that whatever you do with it, it always sounds kind of same-y.
No signature here!

Isn't sonivox one of the Maize sampler companies

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:48 pm
oonabe wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:22 am Here is an alternative to Ovox and VocalSynth2, for me it comes kind of late as I already own the other two and I don't think I need a third one, but maybe interesting for someone else...

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMSA566zK3k</span>
I have that too but I find that whatever you do with it, it always sounds kind of same-y.
Good to know, and glad I got Ovox instead of it then :)

If I see another advert on youtube for OVox "this is you ... this is you and ovox" I'm likely to smash my computer screen :tantrum: ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:11 pm If I see another advert on youtube for OVox "this is you ... this is you and ovox" I'm likely to smash my computer screen :tantrum: ...
what adverts are you seeing? the ones I am seeing are rather the kind of adverts that say: "even if you don't have any musical skills like me with this plugin the computer is going to do everything for you and you'll become a superstar"...

oonabe wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:35 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:11 pm If I see another advert on youtube for OVox "this is you ... this is you and ovox" I'm likely to smash my computer screen :tantrum: ...
what adverts are you seeing? the ones I am seeing are rather the kind of adverts that say: "even if you don't have any musical skills like me with this plugin the computer is going to do everything for you and you'll become a superstar"...
i get some for a posture aid.
i would like it. might help my back.
only available in the usa, what happened to globalism? ffs :cry:

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:37 pm i get some for a posture aid.
i would like it. might help my back.
only available in the usa, what happened to globalism? ffs :cry:
globalism died, the Brexit did it ;)

:cry:

I'm seeing the hipster guy (beard, hat, flowerey shirt) singing basslines and melodys in his home studio. There seem to be about half a dozen different ads for this. I've never bought a Waves plugin in my life, so why they're targetting me I don't know.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:59 pm I'm seeing the hipster guy (beard, hat, flowerey shirt) singing basslines and melodys in his home studio. There seem to be about half a dozen different ads for this. I've never bought a Waves plugin in my life, so why they're targetting me I don't know.
It is weird that I got waves ads on football apps but not on YouTube where I do check a lot of music software reviews including this Ovox plugin by waves... something is broken in the internet, some algorithms seem to be going wrong

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:59 pm
I'm seeing the hipster guy (beard, hat, flowerey shirt) singing basslines and melodys in his home studio. There seem to be about half a dozen different ads for this. I've never bought a Waves plugin in my life, so why they're targetting me I don't know.
ah, modular user...

It's not the quality of audio, it's the quality of production that matters.

I can see many uses for this, kinda cool really, but as someone who avoids vocals like the plague, think i'll give it a miss :)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:32 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:59 pm
ah, modular user...
:lol: :lol: :lol: ok that won the internet for me today, thank you !
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

kelvyn wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:32 pm Pretty good deal if you have other plugins. My Inspire update was $45. The Ovox is pretty cool and sounds a million times better than Izotope’s offering which I find unusable.
If it's just a great sounding Vocoder one is looking for then the XILs vocoder is unbeatable at the moment.
I’ve had my eye on the Inspire upgrade for quite some time. Looks like I need to check out my offer again. I may have missed out on a good pricing, if so I’ll just keep checking it whenever there’s a relevant sale.

VocalSynth is not bad at all in my mind. This looks to me a bit more flexible/innovative. They both seem to have their own sound, so there’s no reason why we couldn’t own the two anyway.

Return to “Effects”