Maschine Mikro MK1 in S1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:53 am
Topcheese wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm Well I look at it this way. NI owes you a license because it states it in their license agreement.
Not really. The SELLER owes him a license. Not NI's fault when there's people who ship the devices without the bundled software.
Topcheese wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm I think what they do is cancel the software for the seller and tell you that you're out of luck.
Why on earth would they do that?? Sorry, but, you assume a lot of things.
Yes I assume about as much as you do unless you actually work for them? The seller doesn't control the registration system and thus cannot authorize a license. I know it's probably not the way it probably works, but if NI is made aware that a legal sale of the software occurred, then since it's in their own legal agreement they should transfer it with proof.
I know in the real world that's not how the legal department might look at it, but I'm just saying from the practical point of allowing them to be transferred in the first place. If it were advertised as complete, or coming with the software, I'd try and press the issue.

You're right about the last part. It would seem to me that if they are made aware of it then the software license would no longer be valid.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”