Sound cracking up

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems, that I don't know what causes them. It seems to have come with newer Lunas, but I can't be sure. With Unlimited 8.4 at least I easily get distortion/crackling in the output sound. This happens especially easy if minimizing/maximizing other windows (windows volume panel, e.g.), or if moving otherwise with the mouse.

I don't think these arrangements are more complex than the ones I've used with earlier Lunas, but I know this isn't very exact. Unfortunately I can't get go back and tried the songs in earlier versions.

Comp is 2.8 Pentium 4 with 1 gig of RAM, not very much else happening when this happens. Any idea if what this could be a sign of? Am I running out RAM, for example, or is it purely lack of CPU? Sound card is E-mu PCI 0404.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

rgds,

grizzly

It's a common Windows problem and all has to do with prioritizing.

I remember you could turn off video accelaration in Win98, but can't find it back in XP :?

Anyone having good tips?

Hi,

I think I found a common denominator between the songs where this occurs (more). They all seem to employ the NS Natural Kit Free drums played with the sfz player. The drum kits eats a lot of RAM, so I guess this is the biggest culprit, or is somehow affected by video acceleration etc.

Thanks for the XP tuning tip!. I guess I've been a bit ignorant in thinking that tuning isn't needed anymore, since we got over Win98 and CPUs are in the giga range rather than mega :).

rgds,

grizzly

Take in account that there's a sfz player for DualCore PC.

mahtazz wrote:Take in account that there's a sfz player for DualCore PC.
Really!?! Wow, I wouldn't have thought of that possibility.

rgds,

grizzly

Yep, still v1.97 but fixes a problem with dual core. Also try loading ns_kit7(free) as PR16 rather than trying to use DFD, if you've enough free RAM.

Return to “MUTOOLS”