Optimized CPU usage
7%
MuSynth as VST plugin
2%
More clear and tight relationship between tracks and racks
1%
Time Stretching
13%
Loop composer / clip launcher mode for intuitively building up patterns / live performances
16%
Freezing
8%
Arpeggiator / Step sequencer module, embeddable into front panels
14%
Scalable user interface, customizable fonts
3%
Other, specified in post
7%
None
2%

Total votes: 209

RELATED
PRODUCTS

dakkra wrote:Freezing: Because I love MFO but MFO does not love me... or at least having more than 5 complex instances...
Doesn't setting the new MFO CPU<>RAM preference to RAM 2 or RAM 3 help a lot?

I do not own mulab (only mux) yet but I'm really thinking of buying it (certainly will). I chose loop composer 1st as I think the mulab interface seems well suited for that and with the mux fonctionality, you can get away with using only the onboard instruments only.
Freezing was second (self-explanatory) and my other honoroble mentions would be arp/step and timestretch. Imho, this right there would put mulab more into the live aspect. (improv and all)
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

It does but my sessions have something like 30 tracks where 20 or so of them are synth instruments so it still builds up. Not to mention, say I want to bring in a vst such as Diva. She's very resource hungry and running more than a few instances of her makes almost any mid-range machine struggle to keep up at decent audio settings (48hkz : 8blocks : 800 Block size). Freezing would solve that issue as well.

Dakkra

P.S MFO makes some pretty darn awesome pads when you layer modulated instances :D
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

mutools wrote:
Regnas wrote:a piano roll like FL studio...
How do u compare MuLab's piano roll to FLS' piano roll?
I think Evildragon covered it all...
But yeah, it's essentially how it works... draw notes with one left click and delete with right click etc, it's faster as hell... and the variety of tools that can do almost any task, chop, auditioning, chords, drum sequencing etc...., the list is huge....
You just need to test it... it's the most powerful piano roll in the market...

Cheers...

hello, Jo, MuTools Users,

this, hopefully, is my last potential wish post, just before forget to mention it, rather just as question... are there later plans to include some level of physical modelling implementation, in, for example, v8.x.x, v9.x.x?

thanks for everything, all the best...

sl23 wrote:What is meant by ~
Easier audio recording, more the traditional way.
?
?
?
:shrug:

Fwiw, I disagree that M7's focus should be for Mac. Understandably Mac should be supported, but I think a poll for main M7 focus shouldn't include something that's platform dependant. Also, it won't get many votes due to a smaller user base.

Re: Piano Roll - I used it the other day and automatically got pencil. This meant single click to add or remove notes. Simple and great. Love Mulab! :tu:

Other DAW's may have some better features, but will never be as easy as Mulab to use and those features will no doubt eventually find their way into Mulab. Rock on Jo... :band:

Re: Master Rack - I too think it is 'wrong' being where it is, and think it should 'stick' to being right aligned and seperate from other racks.

I think it should always show on the right hand side and always be shown. Whilst the other racks should scroll when too many to fit, but don't scroll Master keep it shown. Just like when the browser is docked, it doesn't scroll with the composition it stays there and the composition scrolls. So when scrolling racks, leave the Master shown, but right aligned.

Maybe have a default colour setting specifically for the Master Rack to also differentiate it or maybe some other way change it's appearance to show it's the Master.
Last edited by sl23 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mutools wrote:i don't want to break the right-click = context menu principle.
You don't have to....
Just create new tools (a draw tool for example) that do tasks differently, and make use of the right click for deletion etc...
Draw and delete notes with same button is not too precise, you'll end up deleting stuff that you don't want...

And by the way, a tool that do the following (see pics) would be really useful... (I requested this for Bitwig, but you get the idea):

Cheers......

Nielzie wrote:Online preset sharing database would also be very nice imho.
+1 :tu:

mutools wrote:Would look weird to have racks at the left then a gap then racks at the right, no?
No! That's the way aha, I like it!

sl23 wrote:but will never be as easy as Mulab to use
Subjective and debatable :)

If you've used a DAW then I agree with you, but having never used one before I've found Reason, Ableton, FL, Reaper, LMMS, all unintuitive and awkward to use. With MuLab, I rarely have the need to ask questions about how to do something, only one other DAW was almost as easy and that was Muzys! My first.

For the record, I am good with the master rack being on the left but....
sl23 wrote:Re: Master Rack -
other racks should scroll when too many to fit, but don't scroll Master keep it shown. Just like when the browser is docked, it doesn't scroll with the composition it stays there and the composition scrolls. So when scrolling racks, leave the Master shown.
This seems like a good idea
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “MUTOOLS”