Project keeps crashing

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I was working on a cover of a song from from a game, and when I went to go back to open the project, it wouldn't open. I tried a lot of things to possibly fix it, but nothing worked. When I went to check the logs, what I got was "14:39:11:266 App[660]"
Does anyone know what this means ? It's at the end of each log of when I tried to open the project.

EDIT: crash log; https://pastebin.com/qr0THWG2
Also known as: Pink Mayo.

I'm not the developer, but I achieved similar problems on my win-system in the past.
So I guess, reason is a faulty VST.
My solution was renaming the VST in its folder (eg: VSC2O.dll -> VSCO2tmp.dll) (Maybe on Apple its not ".dll" ...?)
Then MuLab cannot find it when starting, but will load the rest of the project without problems.
I suggest to treat your VSTs from bottom up: VSCO2 ... Xpand!2 ...
Good luck!

Indeed most probably an isue with a VST.
Based on the log file it could be "VSCO2 Orchestra".
Try removing it from the plugin database and then ignore it upon load.
Can you load the project then?
If not then again watch the log file for the last VST being loaded and repeat the above procedure.

Oh ! Yes, it fixed it, I forgot to reply, sorry. As it turns out, it was the piano in Analog Lab 2 that was breaking it. After I fixed that and found a workaround, the song continued smoothly and is now finished.

Lets hear it then :band:
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Sure ! One moment. It's not that good, but it's... Something, I guess. I'm currently working on something better, but, let me link you this.

https://soundcloud.com/the-sunners/brin ... soil-cover

I have better stuff than this, but it's what was in question. I kinda botched the improv section a bit, though.

Very nice!

Would it be possible to make this project a public MuLab demo project? This would mean that the VSTs must be replaced by MUX instruments/effects. (which may include samples)

mutools wrote:Very nice!

Would it be possible to make this project a public MuLab demo project? This would mean that the VSTs must be replaced by MUX instruments/effects. (which may include samples)
Well, yes ! But, it's a cover of a song from Super Metroid, would there be any copyright problems with that ?

Ah yes indeed, sorry i missed that aspect.

But, I do have other stuff too that could be made into a demo if you want ! Original stuff.

Curious to hear it.

mutools wrote:Curious to hear it.
Well, I put together a playlist recently for this very occasion; https://soundcloud.com/the-sunners/sets ... n-to-these
Please read the description, it gives info on what genre each track is !
Because I do multiple genres, it's fun.

Also, my sound design is best shown in these as well. Check Forest II and Maybe Just Maybe for the best examples of my sound design.

Great stuff man!
Are you saying these are all 100% MuLab projects, no VSTs?

mutools wrote:Great stuff man!
Are you saying these are all 100% MuLab projects, no VSTs?
Not 100% MuLab, I do use VSTs, but I could convert them to 100% ML/Mux if I take the time is what I'm saying.

alsothankyou

I surely want to support turning those into 100% MuLab tracks. If you have any questions, just ask!

Return to “MUTOOLS”