Feature Request: Velocity Layering for MuDrum

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRian
529 posts since 12 Jan, 2011

Post Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:18 am

Feature Request: Velocity Layering Added to MuDrum

This would enable many users to work exclusively in MuLab for beats instead of using a 3rd party VSTi drum machine. Velocity Layers can add much more realism and variety to drum strikes over the course of a pattern, helping to prevent a "machine gun" effect.

127: Kick Sample 01
117: Kick Sample 02
107: Kick Sample 03
97: Kick Sample 04
87: Kick Sample 05
77 . . . and so on.

KVRAF
11210 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:45 am

That's possible:

MuDrum features 12 super flexible drum pads.
Each drum pad has 2 sample players, but on top / besides of that also a full MUX Modular patch.
So choose a drum pad, disable the 2 sample layers, insert a MUX and build the velocity switch there, for example using a Multi-Sampler module for the MuDrum pad key, setup the velocity layers in the Multi-Sampler.

If you want to go further it's even possible to build your own MuDrum-like MUX patch using the Drum Note Processor module and connect it to a common Multi-Sampler, or several (Multi-)Samplers, or other modules or MUX presets, or even use VST plugins for making the sound for a single drum pad.

Many options!

KVRian
1236 posts since 21 Apr, 2017 from Bahia, Brazil

Post Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:15 am

I believe the pad can also trigger the different velocities depending on where you click it. Kind of a quick preview.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://www.scrubbingmonkeys.com/

KVRAF
11210 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:31 am

Indeed.

And another tip: If you want to velocity-switch between only 2 sample, not that the MuDrum sample players have a "VS" = Velocity Sense parameter, which can be negative so when setting sample 1 with VS 100% and sample 2 with VS -100% then the louder you play the pad the more it will be sample 1, the softer you play the pad the more it will be sample 2.

KVRian

Topic Starter

529 posts since 12 Jan, 2011

Post Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:43 am

Wow!! My feature request was implemented before I started typing. That's a fast response if I say so!! LOL Super.

Can velocity layers be set up according to exact MIDI velocities (125, 123, 121, etc.)? I'll have to play around with the suggestions above.

I'm running out of things to request. I may need to make music soon. ;-)

Return to “MUTOOLS”