first impressions of the DC12 entrys

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

spacedad wrote:
GaryG wrote: 32bit version works fine for me in XT, I can see why developers like the idea of REs etc. :)
not sure what RE's is?
...still crashing for me.
(just tried in usine and it reports that it's not a valid vst.?
RE is the plugin format for Reason.
Rack Extension

The thrust was that they might be more stable,
in that there is only 1 DAW to contend with.
Cheers

Really impressed with Maxwell Smart. I like the VOS XTC thing too.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

nix808 wrote:
spacedad wrote:
GaryG wrote: 32bit version works fine for me in XT, I can see why developers like the idea of REs etc. :)
not sure what RE's is?
...still crashing for me.
(just tried in usine and it reports that it's not a valid vst.?
RE is the plugin format for Reason.
Rack Extension

The thrust was that they might be more stable,
in that there is only 1 DAW to contend with.
Cheers
ah,i see,thanks nix.

spacedad wrote:i put it in my x86(32bit) vst folder,as i do with all vst,as i don't have a 64bit host (XT1+2).
also tried both versions and they both crash XT.
usine syas it's not a valid vst,so does christian budde's vst-analyser.
i DL-ed it twice in case i'd got a corrupt zip.
this is strange.
anyone know what to do?

GaryG wrote:
remig wrote: I do find it *really* quiet though, is that how it is or am I doing something wrong?
You're not doing anything wrong, but I didn't find a solution: it uses 30 oscillators, so to prevent overflow I simply divide every time the result by 30, but if the oscillators have different frequencies and/or phase shifts, the peak is not 30 times the single oscillator's peak, so there are many cases in which the volume is very low. Probably the best workaround is to put a gain knob...

remig wrote:Probably the best workaround is to put a gain knob...
which is exactly what I did, inserted GGain after Heliox. :)

Very nice textures, could be my favourite synth in the competition.

SirSickSik wrote:Remind that it is a 32-bit plugin (doesn't need to be 64, as it doesn't make any sound), so the plugin should be run on a 32-bit system
are you SERIOUSLY saying that?

Compyfox wrote:I'm through the most of the FX plugins - at least the ones that interested me the most.

I unfortunately had to ditch "Hot Robot", since it needs NET4 and Spectrum Analyser S8 (needs Max Runtime).
Hey, I've updated the Spectrum Analyzer S8, so Max 6 Runtime is no need it now! You can download the last version from here http://www.mediafire.com/?6yxaevzwtvalwgy . I hope you like it!

remig wrote: You're not doing anything wrong, but I didn't find a solution: it uses 30 oscillators, so to prevent overflow I simply divide every time the result by 30, but if the oscillators have different frequencies and/or phase shifts, the peak is not 30 times the single oscillator's peak, so there are many cases in which the volume is very low. Probably the best workaround is to put a gain knob...
try 1/sqrt(n) instead of 1/n :) i'd consider that a bugfix :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Hi
For Live users, a nice guy from the Ableton forum made an Ableton Rack pack from my Modulok Drumsample pack :

get it here :

kevinkripper wrote:Hey, I've updated the Spectrum Analyzer S8, so Max 6 Runtime is no need it now! You can download the last version from here http://www.mediafire.com/?6yxaevzwtvalwgy . I hope you like it!
Quoted for a clickable link. If I have some time left tomorrow, I'll take a look. Not that many multi-channel measurement tools on the market after all.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

GaryG wrote:
spacedad wrote:also tried both versions and they both crash XT.
32bit version works fine for me in XT, I can see why developers like the idea of REs etc. :)

Intriguing plugin, came up with a few nice little sequences though purely by chance, haven't a clue what I'm doing with it. :D
For me, well, that was part of the fun.
I did found that while building it I kind of found my way through it intuitively when playing around with it. Different math-selects force the melody to behave in certain ways and knobs tend to change the melody in certain ways.

Still, there would be some things I'ld like to add.. but I may not change the vst itself. But I think I am allowed to make extra plugins to support my plugin right? So I could also use the chord-key-selections used internally to control a second vst, which in it's turn modifies incoming midinotes to the right scale, resembling the scale of the automathico. This way, allowing you to write your own melody-rhythms by hand and letting the automathico get a play with it, while giving you an extra layout of sound on the background.
Should be doable in an evening I think..
As a human I say: nobis vivendum est!
As a musician I say: nobis musicum essendum est!
As a friend I say: nobis birram bibendum est!

SirSickSik

why don't it work for me?
nearly everything i throw at it works in xt! :cry: :help:

GaryG wrote:
spacedad wrote:also tried both versions and they both crash XT.
32bit version works fine for me in XT, I can see why developers like the idea of REs etc. :)

Intriguing plugin, came up with a few nice little sequences though purely by chance, haven't a clue what I'm doing with it. :D
well, it's not purely by chance.. the maths used very often produces recognizable patterns. Because of the way the 'base' note is chosen and from there the chord is being build up, the sequencer generates continuing enharmonic chords with a step every once in a while.

SirSickSik

remig wrote:
GaryG wrote:
remig wrote: I do find it *really* quiet though, is that how it is or am I doing something wrong?
You're not doing anything wrong, but I didn't find a solution: it uses 30 oscillators, so to prevent overflow I simply divide every time the result by 30, but if the oscillators have different frequencies and/or phase shifts, the peak is not 30 times the single oscillator's peak, so there are many cases in which the volume is very low. Probably the best workaround is to put a gain knob...
To take full advantage of the "available sound", no matter how hard or soft it is, I use this setup normally, you can try it out:
sound input->rectifier->peakfollower->voltage2dB->subtract from 0->dB2voltage
then let the db2voltage control the volume of the sound.
Set peakfollower attack to 0ms (or prox) and decay to, say between 50 or 200ms. Now your oscilators are ALWAYS between a certain minimum and maximum range and usable to be used downstream for amplifying, fx etc etc
sik

SirSickSik

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”