Nova-67P DC14 topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
G-Sun
KVRist
103 posts since 31 Jul, 2011 from Norway

Post Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Thanks for this plugin. Seems very good.
Right now it seems a little complex, although I believe you've done a good job making it simple.
But it will take me some effort to understand and use it.

FabienTDR
KVRian
976 posts since 24 Feb, 2012

Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:21 am

highkoo wrote:I couldnt really figure out either of this years dynamic fx entries.... :shrug:

Im familiar with the concepts, and I thought Id dig em, but I literally couldnt figure them out.
I tried just a simple kick/bass duck set up. I got the side chain coming in but I really could not figure out what either of em was doing beyond that.

I fully consider that I am just getting dumber.
Read the manual and Vlad's blog post! I had to do it as well. ;)

Keep in mind it's a parallel equalizer, so any band-specific business will be limited in operation (in the good sense). It's almost impossible to overdo.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

bduffy
KVRAF
19063 posts since 13 Feb, 2003 from Vancouver, Canada

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:35 am

Is it just me, or does this plug-in mono-ize a track when it's inserted? (Mac OSX 10.9/VST)

Lesha
KVRian
1373 posts since 18 Feb, 2005 from Serbia

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:41 am

bduffy wrote:Is it just me, or does this plug-in mono-ize a track when it's inserted? (Mac OSX 10.9/VST)
It's set to mono by default, you can change the setting in the upper row of commands.

I would like it to be set to stereo when I open the plugin, as most of my channels are in stereo.
It's easy if you know how

bduffy
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:04 am

lesha wrote:
bduffy wrote:Is it just me, or does this plug-in mono-ize a track when it's inserted? (Mac OSX 10.9/VST)
It's set to mono by default, you can change the setting in the upper row of commands.

I would like it to be set to stereo when I open the plugin, as most of my channels are in stereo.
I agree. Thanks, I totally missed that. The GUI is kind of flat-to-a-fault.

vladg
KVRist
177 posts since 15 Jul, 2009 from Russia

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:47 am

GUYS, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! I’M HAPPY A LOT WITH THE 2ND PLACE!

– Vlad

My plans are:
1. Re-skin it ASAP
2. Re-release it under Tokyo Dawn Labs in 4-5 weeks (including "professional" beta-testing and GE version with more features)

bduffy
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:57 am

vladg wrote:GUYS, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! I’M HAPPY A LOT WITH THE 2ND PLACE!

– Vlad

My plans are:
1. Re-skin it ASAP
2. Re-release it under Tokyo Dawn Labs in 4-5 weeks (including "professional" beta-testing and GE version with more features)
Congratulations! You totally deserve it. :hihi:

Can't wait for the Tokyo Labs version; TL stuff is a big part of my mixes now!

sinkmusic
KVRAF
6147 posts since 28 Apr, 2004 from france

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:06 am

Vlad, thank you for your nice plugins ;)
I'm glad to read that you have plans for updates.

Lesha
KVRian
1373 posts since 18 Feb, 2005 from Serbia

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:15 pm

This plugin was my favorite in this competition, congratulations on the 2nd place, although it deserves the winner position IMHO.
Can't wait for further improvements! :tu:
It's easy if you know how

vladg
KVRist
177 posts since 15 Jul, 2009 from Russia

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:35 pm

lesha wrote:This plugin was my favorite in this competition, congratulations on the 2nd place, although it deserves the winner position IMHO.
Can't wait for further improvements! :tu:
The GUI is faulty and the plugin lacks some really useful features and there was no proper beta testing done... I'm really happy with the 2nd place!

I was skeptic about this plugin but a lot of people used it and liked it so I just must to fix all bugs and usability stuff!

lobanov
KVRist
312 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:09 pm

lesha wrote:This plugin was my favorite in this competition, congratulations on the 2nd place, although it deserves the winner position IMHO.
+1
My congrats too.

If you plan to win in future a finished GUI is required :pray:

Turello
KVRAF
3149 posts since 6 Jul, 2012 from Sick-cily

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:14 pm

@vladg: Sincere Congrats, I hope You'll continue the develope with other new fixed versions because this plug deserve! For Me N°1!!! :tu: :clap:

DJErmac
KVRian
582 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Congrats +1. For strict matter of personal usage, I've given my 5 points to another plugin (the excellent ReFine by lkjb that produces subtile enhancement to almost anything), but I've given you my 4 points and join the congrats party. You've made an amazing plugin, to my view you've been 4 steps ahead from the very beginning of the contest. I was fully convinced you'd place 1st too. You're not supposed to thank us, we are supposed to thank you for your work. Thank you. :)

backb0ard
KVRer
5 posts since 10 Mar, 2013

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Congratulations! You absolutely deserve it Vlad!

Some points on the gui. Aside from the skin itself, it's a little hard to distinguish band modes just by looking at the colors. Better color variety I think would help.

Tp3
KVRAF
2118 posts since 8 Feb, 2007

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:29 am

Absolutely well deserved :tu: (psstt... IMO it should have gone no 1 as the things that one can get away with, with it...how can I say it ? well, in the words of Fabien : "It's almost impossible to overdo")
What is best ? How do you define 'best'? If you're talking about what you can think, what you can feel, what you can listen and hear, then 'best' is simply marketing signals (ie. hype) interpreted by your brain.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2018”