Before You Vote: IMPORTANT

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So what is it that you are really saying, Syntilla? That manslaughter is somehow a less of a crime if it's done by a mentally unstable person? We should 'understand' murder and suicide if they're committed by a mentally unstable yet creative individual? And we should change our votes because the plugin happens to be named after such a person, as some sort of reparation for the dead guy's story? Why exactly?

And you quoted that NME list as some sort of authority of the man's influence. That same list puts Lee Perry at #11, though his influence in every single urban and bass music genre (ie. modern pop) is far greater than Joe Meek's by any standard. He doesn't appear all too mentally stable either, what's with burning down his legendary studio and his works after that, he just hasn't killed anyone. Creatively, he easily swipes away the top ten. Just not pop enough, eh?

Could you still please point out how Meek influenced me (and apparantly all of us) so much I should show him respect by voting this plugin? I've heard of him, yea, but looking at the his works at discogs.com, I think I've never heard any of his works.

And as for Fabien editing his post to look less ridiculous or something, then why do you ask 'Where did I ever suggest that you were participating?' --- the answer to that question is in the quote you decisively sliced from whyterabbyt. You didn't suggest that, whyterabbyt did.

Compyfox wrote:Oh, mister whyte to the rescue. :roll:
+1 I knew who was right when I saw that reply

ras.s wrote:^ TDR don't have a entry, do they?.
Ah, my mistake, I'd mentally attributed vladg's plugin to them, probably because of their prior collaboration.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Compyfox wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Dont you get that Syntilla isnt the developer of MeekPro?
I was aware of that AFTER I posted.
Glad to help then.
whyterabbyt wrote:And FWIW, what he's saying doesnt read like he's begging for points for MeekPro, it sounds more like he's asking people to boycott the TDR entry. That might sound unreasonable, of course, but in essence, its not that removed from what FabienTDR did in the first place regarding MeekPro, albeit publically tied to the DC.
Finally I can correct you this time around.
Oh, mister fox to the rescue. :swoon:

:roll:
whyterabbyt wrote:If that happens - what's next? Vote for a plugin because it's defending certain fractions rights?
If that will be the case - the Developer Challenge lost all it's purpose.
What, being clickbait for KVR? Nah.

Numanoid wrote:
Compyfox wrote:Oh, mister whyte to the rescue. :roll:
+1 I knew who was right when I saw that reply
Someone must have helped you with the hard thinking then.

Syntilla wrote:You're right - I don't much care how people vote - whether it's for what they perceive as the 'best quality', the most innovative, the most fun, most useful, the best developer support, or simply their favorite developer. (Incidentally, I don't think TDR has an entry this time around - though, yeah, I probably would be encouraging people to boycott it. Would that be so much worse a reason for [not-] voting than any of the others I listed?)
Comedy? Again, your wording is more than revealing. This doesn't make you shine in a particularly credible light to say the least.

All I can extract from your posts are extremely childish attempts of manipulation, and a diffuse accusation of.. lol .. Blasphemy! hihi, BLASPHEMY (2014)! In this case, I feel honoured! :lol:

I think you're doing more harm than good to sunahura's entry (I wasn't aware of it before your attacks).
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

ras.s wrote:So what is it that you are really saying, Syntilla? That manslaughter is somehow a less of a crime if it's done by a mentally unstable person?
Well, in law, it depends; it might be. Manslaughter is pretty much just the legal term for 'killing', its got no intrinsic definition of criminality.
I dont know about your own country's legal system, but generally if someone mentally unstable kills another person as a result of their condition, their diminished culpability becomes a significant factor in the question of whether it is legally judged to be murder, manslaughter or something else.
We should 'understand' murder and suicide if they're committed by a mentally unstable yet creative individual?
Not sure why you're lumping them together. But in particular the suicide of anyone mentally unstable should be relatively easy to 'understand', IMO. Definitely moreso than that of a stable person, for example. Do you disagree?
Murder would obviously be much harder to empathise with, but, unlike many sane murderers, its easier to understand that someone who's disturbed might have killed as a result of something outside their rational control.
If someone was responsible for manslaughter for some other reason outwith their control (eg say they had a heart attack driving) would you be equally unwilling to 'understand'?

FabienTDR wrote:I think you're doing more harm than good to sunahura's entry (I wasn't aware of it before your attacks).
It was mentioned in the post directly preceding yours in the other thread, which had otherwise been effectively dead for several months prior to that.
Its not hard to imagine that someone might think that the mention of sunahara's plugin was what prompted your activity in that thread in the first place.

FabienTDR wrote: Comedy? Again, your wording is more than revealing. This doesn't make you shine in a particularly credible light to say the least.
Oh!, the irony!
FabienTDR wrote:All I can extract from your posts are extremely childish attempts of manipulation, and a diffuse accusation of.. lol .. Blasphemy! hihi, BLASPHEMY (2014)! In this case, I feel honoured! :lol:
What is your obsession with 'blasphemy'? You're the only person who's mentioned it.
FabienTDR wrote:I think you're doing more harm than good to sunahura's entry (I wasn't aware of it before your attacks).
I doubt very much that I've influenced a single vote.

nr1killabee wrote:Most useless Dc14 thread ever...
And in eight hours, it's had more hits and more posts than most of this year's entries have had in four weeks.

I find that rather sad.

whyterabbyt wrote:
ras.s wrote:So what is it that you are really saying, Syntilla? That manslaughter is somehow a less of a crime if it's done by a mentally unstable person?
Well, in law, it depends; it might be. Manslaughter is pretty much just the legal term for 'killing', its got no intrinsic definition of criminality.
I dont know about your own country's legal system, but generally if someone mentally unstable kills another person as a result of their condition, their diminished culpability becomes a significant factor in the question of whether it is legally judged to be murder, manslaughter or something else.
And the reason I used the word manslaughter and not murder was because legally they got different sanctions, atleast here (though 'manslaughter' is imprecise, as the person killed was a woman; I suppose homicide is the correct english word here). Just as the mental state of the killer can lower the penalty. But I wasn't really questioning how courts should judge those (in Joe Meek's case, 1960s british system), I asked about Syntilla's moral opinion about it. Syntilla's trying to give us a moral lesson here and I'm not entirely convinced. (Also consider it's a plugin contest FFS.)
We should 'understand' murder and suicide if they're committed by a mentally unstable yet creative individual?
Not sure why you're lumping them together. But in particular the suicide of anyone mentally unstable should be relatively easy to 'understand', IMO. Definitely moreso than that of a stable person, for example. Do you disagree?
Murder would obviously be much harder to empathise with, but, unlike many sane murderers, its easier to understand that someone who's disturbed might have killed as a result of something outside their rational control.
If someone was responsible for manslaughter for some other reason outwith their control (eg say they had a heart attack driving) would you be equally unwilling to 'understand'?
Tsk tsk, you're not being on your most attentive mode. It's still about Joe Meek, the person. He killed his landlady and then himself and that's why I'm lumping them together, as was in the OP.

But yes, I agree that it might be more understandable when a unstable person kills themself, though so far I've never really had to deal with people killing themselves. "but, unlike many sane murderers, its easier to understand that someone who's disturbed might have killed as a result of something outside their rational control" -- of course it's easier in such a case to understand that the person kills outside of their rational control, they're labeled 'disturbed' already, but should that be used to revere them later on? I don't think so, killer is a killer, and this particular person killed himself, escaping judgment. And a 'rage kill' shouldn't reduce the conviction.

And as for the plethora of possibilities of ways to kill people without actually intending to do so, I don't know, it very much depends on how that happens, do I understand it or not.

And if all this isn't enough, to finally pull this thread over to HPC nether world, think of the nazis! Hitler most certainly was mad and disturbed, he killed plenty and even himself. I ain't gonna give him no respect for being such a misunderstood artiste.

I think that the votes will be ended within 14 hours. But unfortunately choices are already made.

Ben don't want one week in more...

Who wants it except for me ! :ud:

whyterabbyt, your suspicion is paranoid and insulting. Seriously. Again, what has my opinion to do with sunahura or his entry or even the KVRDC in general? Why am I not allowed to express my opinion in the wild? Please tell me.

Syntilla, I'm tired of defending myself against your wishi washi attacks. You are using hazy accusations against me to distract ppl and justify your own deeply childish and obvious trolling in favour of sunahura and Meekpro (the latter obviously being your primary intention). That's what I call irony.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

This is a weird thread and sort of HPC material (is there an HPC any more, can't remember, haven't looked).

I would never even think to vote or not vote for a plug-in because someone got in an argument about a record producer from 50 years ago.

I vote because A) the specific plug-in sounds/works great, B) the specific plug-in was an excellent idea, and/or C) possibly because the developer has offered great free plug-ins in the past.

I gave vladg my 5 points for all those reasons, and would have done so even if he named his plug-in Mick Jagger's Hairy Ass.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

FabienTDR wrote:whyterabbyt, your suspicion is paranoid and insulting.
So, his 'insulting' behaviour is the result of a type of psychosis?
FabienTDR wrote:That's what I call irony.
took the words right out of my mouth

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”