Youlean Loudness Meter

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23092 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:05 am

Well done Youlean. Congratulations :party:

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
22295 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from a computer

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:18 pm

I'm delighted for you. Well done. :party:
This little piggy went to the butchers ...

Perambulum
KVRer
20 posts since 28 Nov, 2016 from UK

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:29 pm

Well done!

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
236 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:12 pm

VariKusBrainZ wrote:It's a sad day when a plugin that doesn't make or effect sound wins
It's not sad for me. :lol:

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
236 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks guys! :D

User avatar
murnau
KVRAF
5563 posts since 13 Jan, 2005 from Arkham Asylum

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:21 pm

youlean wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:It's a sad day when a plugin that doesn't make or effect sound wins
It's not sad for me. :lol:
Congrats youlean! Some comments here like the one above are so pathetic, no words for this. :dog:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

User avatar
joachime
KVRist
68 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Sweden

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:07 am

Great plugin. Congratulations! :party:
Work at XLN Audio. But at KVR I try to be private.

User avatar
joachime
KVRist
68 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Sweden

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:03 am

I made a short video comparing Youlean Loudness Meter with Waves WLM and iZotope Insight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNdFHU6BvGQ

I noticed some differences in how these plugins measure Lodness Range and Momentary Max.
Work at XLN Audio. But at KVR I try to be private.

User avatar
Full Bucket
KVRian
529 posts since 25 May, 2010 from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:29 am

Congrats man, well done! :tu:

While looking at your website... may I ask why your Freq-Balancer isn't available anymore? Any chance to get it re-released? Sounds promising... :wink:

Cheers Björn

User avatar
Lesha
KVRian
1384 posts since 18 Feb, 2005 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:32 am

Full Bucket wrote:Congrats man, well done! :tu:

While looking at your website... may I ask why your Freq-Balancer isn't available anymore? Any chance to get it re-released? Sounds promising... :wink:

Cheers Björn
viewtopic.php?p=6634493#p6634493
It's easy if you know how

User avatar
Full Bucket
KVRian
529 posts since 25 May, 2010 from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37 am

Thanks! :oops:
Glad it's not dead!

Cheers Björn

magickalmutagen
KVRist
88 posts since 28 Nov, 2015

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:49 am

Congratulations on winning, great free plugin. However, there is an issue when the plugin is loaded as part of a Studio One template. The plugin does not load properly and must be replaced by a new instance for it to load as expected.

No GUI is drawn:

Image

Other plugins do not have this instantiation issue which leads me to believe it's a problem with YLM. Windows 10 v1607, Studio One v3.3.2.

Thanks.

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
236 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:46 am

Thanks!

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
236 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:52 am

joachime wrote:I made a short video comparing Youlean Loudness Meter with Waves WLM and iZotope Insight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNdFHU6BvGQ

I noticed some differences in how these plugins measure Lodness Range and Momentary Max.
There will always be differences as this depends on design. My meter should have better true peak detection than the others.

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
236 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:53 am

magickalmutagen wrote:Congratulations on winning, great free plugin. However, there is an issue when the plugin is loaded as part of a Studio One template. The plugin does not load properly and must be replaced by a new instance for it to load as expected.

No GUI is drawn:

Image

Other plugins do not have this instantiation issue which leads me to believe it's a problem with YLM. Windows 10 v1607, Studio One v3.3.2.

Thanks.
Thanks. I will check this out.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2018”