Ableton Live (10.1.15) Can't See/Install Sylenth

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Absolutely love this plug-in and recently moved from Cubase to Live. Unfortunately, after multiple install attempts I can't seem to get Sylenth1 to install properly. I've tried deleting the USER data file as well as multiple reinstalls.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm on MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra and just grabbed latest (3.067 off the customer area).

PS -- I don't think it's a Mac issue but a path identity problem in Live perhaps. Other working VSTs are just fine in the same folder with the install (Serum, NI 12 etc...).

Thanks!
:love: :tu:

If Cubase doesn't find Sylenth1, first you need to close Cubase. Then open Finder, click the menu "Go" on top of the screen and hold the Option/Alt key. This will reveal your Library folder. Click the Library folder and go to:

~/Library/Preferences/Cubase 9 (or 10)

There you'll find the files:

Vst2xPlugin Blacklist Cubase.xml
Vst2xPlugin Infos Cubase.xml

Or:

Vst2xBlacklist Cubase (x86_64).xml
Vst2xPlugins Cubase (x86_64).xml

Delete these two files. This forces Cubase to rescan all plugins at the next startup. If the rescan doesn't start automatically, perform a rescan in the plugin manager. Once that's been done you should be able to see Sylenth1 in the VST Instruments list.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Sylenth works fine with Cubase. The problem I'm having is that Ableton Live can't seem to locate it. Here a couple screen shots from what the system can see but it doesn't show up in the Live Plug-in list. Hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

In Ableton Live go to Preferences -> 'File Folder' and hold down the Alt/Option key on your keyboard while clicking the Rescan button. This will force Live to rescan all plug-ins. After that Sylenth1 will be back in the plug-ins list.

Hi Lennard --

Thank you, that fixed it!

And thank you again for a great plug-in. Wishing you the best on your future ventures.

Roy

Return to “LennarDigital”