Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zebra 2 Feature Request:

Stand Alone Zebra 2 VST Midi FX Arp!

:D

Sigh... 8)

Dunno... hosting & stand alone is not so much my deal... but I might add it once I got Z2 out...

;) Urs

:) i've got a shortcut on my desktop to run filterscapeVA as 'standalone' - except that it's not really, it's just loading an energyXT preset sized and arranged to look as if it were standalone. and it loads as quickly as if it were 'n all. it's about the only shortcut on my desktop that i actually use at the moment!
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

Oh I said it wrong, I meant a VST FX of just the Zebra 2 arp, not a stand alone app.

:oops:

Still *sigh* ?

:lol:

Yeah... still sigh... I havn't yet bothered with effects that send midi... no idea what's up with that stuff... will do so on a rainy day in september or so... :oops:

Btw. you don't know Z2's arpeggiator... I havn't coded it... it's gotta be cooler than VA's ;)

;) Urs

I figured it would be sweet, that's why I asked :wink:

Will it spit out midi?

If it does, then maybe it will be the same end result if I just make a patch that doesn't have any stuff besides the arp, it won't take much CPU and I can use it to control other synths as well.

:hyper:

Why use it for other synths? :shock:

;) Urs

Well if I want to trigger a sampler for instance!

URS: samples, eh? hmmmmmm....

OK... that's a valid point... maybe ;-)

Now, let me first finish the whole stuff. The Win version of Zebra is about 1 year late. So, my effort goes into this before I can consider doing things that go *beyond* my current concepts for the engine.

Most if not all "innovations" in my stuff, such as the new oscillators, the modules in Filterscape etc. were already planned/designed like one year ago. All the time spent until today has been writing a new, future proof engine for VST and Win compatibility and implementing the planned features (and a couple of minor enhancements). Once Zebra is available for PC I will start developing substantial features that have not been in the good old master plan. Sending Midi is such a thing that is *beyond*. It might require a deep surgery in my code, but now that everything runs smooth, I will not do such changes. Otherwise I might lose like 2-4 weeks for testing, bugfixing etc. - that's a risk I don't want to take. However, I can do such experiments after finishing the roadmap -> Zebra2, More Feedback Machine MkII :-o

There's a whole lot of feature requests btw. I can foresee a busy autumn in Berlin...

Cheers,

;) Urs

All of that is totally understandable :D

Since it's gonna be so cool, I'm sure people will want to save and load their arp setups also.

:wink:

i'm looking forward to zebra oh yes :D you've ruined me, urs!!

Return to “u-he”