ArtsAcoustic Reverb quality

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I´m a recording engineer and I tried the demo of the ArtsAcoustic reverb to check out the quality. I must say I´m really impressed, the quality of the reverb is really very very good. Congratulations, the reverb has an excellent price to performance ratio.

I compared the reverb to my TC M3000, as well as impulse responses I´ve taken from a TC M6000 (VSS-4) and EMT-250 (still my favorite reverb...). So in the end one thing I´m really missing in the ArtsAcoustic reverb is a dedicated early reflection section.

To me, to get a reverb sit well in a mix I often have to turn down the level of the reverb tail by 6 to 8dB bit still have the early reflections provide a certain "space" for the signal. A great reverb tail can get buried inside the mix pretty easily, a good combination of ER plus reverb tail, however, usually makes the reverb fit perfectly. So if you´re thinking of expanding the functionality of the ArtsAcoustic reverb, please think of a good ER processor, in this regard the trusty old M3000 still beats many other reverb processors, even though the reverb tail of the M3000 is not exactly state-of-the-art.

I´ll follow the development of your reverb, very promising product.
BTW, I´m on a mac and I tried your demo in Logic using the VST-AU wrapper, so a AU version would be greatly appreciated, as well.

Keep up the good work!
Toby

It's a reverb with a lot of presence, that's for sure. I don't doubt the quality but a bit too overpowering for my needs though. I would prefer something a bit more subtle.

tobymusic wrote:Hi, I´m a recording engineer and I tried the demo of the ArtsAcoustic reverb to check out the quality. I must say I´m really impressed, the quality of the reverb is really very very good. Congratulations, the reverb has an excellent price to performance ratio.

I compared the reverb to my TC M3000, as well as impulse responses I´ve taken from a TC M6000 (VSS-4) and EMT-250 (still my favorite reverb...). So in the end one thing I´m really missing in the ArtsAcoustic reverb is a dedicated early reflection section.

To me, to get a reverb sit well in a mix I often have to turn down the level of the reverb tail by 6 to 8dB bit still have the early reflections provide a certain "space" for the signal. A great reverb tail can get buried inside the mix pretty easily, a good combination of ER plus reverb tail, however, usually makes the reverb fit perfectly. So if you´re thinking of expanding the functionality of the ArtsAcoustic reverb, please think of a good ER processor, in this regard the trusty old M3000 still beats many other reverb processors, even though the reverb tail of the M3000 is not exactly state-of-the-art.

I´ll follow the development of your reverb, very promising product.
BTW, I´m on a mac and I tried your demo in Logic using the VST-AU wrapper, so a AU version would be greatly appreciated, as well.

Keep up the good work!
Toby
hi toby,
the early reflections in our reverb are coupled with the diffusion. so, if you want to have more early reflections than tail, just set the diffusion more to the left.
diffusion hard left = max early reflections,
diffusion hard right = exclusively tail, no early reflections.
what also influences the early reflections are the spread and the attack parameters.
also check out the different room characteristics, as the early reflections differ a lot between theese seven different types.
don`t be fooled, our reverb will not loose it´s sonic quality by using diffusion other that 100%, like it happens in other reverbs.
this applies to the density also.
also check out the presets, there are plenty of them using diffusion at minimum.
but, for really understanding how our reverb is used best:
1. tweak it a lot, that`s the only way to learn how our reverb behaves.
2. read the manual.
it gives you a better idea of our reverb, as it is slightly different to other reverbs.

hope this helps,
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

lion_cub wrote:It's a reverb with a lot of presence, that's for sure. I don't doubt the quality but a bit too overpowering for my needs though. I would prefer something a bit more subtle.
it`s easy, you just have to do it ... ;)
try a bit and read the manual.
a few tips:
don`t use density at max, if you want a "subtle" reverb, and also here, try the diffusion more to the left.
as our reverb is not designed to be a one trick pony, but to give you all possibilities you might need, it`s logical that one has to tweak it a bit more.
but it`s there ;).
experiment!
also it might be a good idea to ask other users here on kvr how they use our reverb, as there are plenty of different approaches and therefore solutions.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Thanks for the hints Nick, I´ll check it out and mess with it a little more.

Toby

Return to “Arts Acoustic”