AAR sounding phantastic

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Nick,

have you noticed this thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130895 ?

Listen to what Brok Landers could get with AAR.

cheers,
LiteOn

Only thing that AAR need at this time is better marketing IMO 8)

Some advertise or something...

(later some improved algos like that famous plate or inverse 8))

yes, i followed the whole thread.
really nice. it was the first time since long that there has been a constructive thread that lasts so long.
about the advertising:
you are definately right!
sadly we were/are so busy since months, that we were not able to get along with the usual stuff :)
but that will change soon. ;)
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

I always knew, that the AAR is great, but I didn't know it can sound that marvelous! Seems that I totally underestimated the relevance/importance of what gets feeded into a verb (maybe better: what a difference it makes when the verb settings are perfectly "fitting" the input to create something phantastic new). The plain settings are nothing special, just any verb settings I very likely had come very close to several times. Clearly, Brok's sample shows, AAR is in the high end league. Still, can't figure how that could have escaped from me.......
The good thing is: in some days I will take Brok's dry sample, open up my AAR, adjust the settings, open a Becks, put up my headphones, sit back, hit play and will smiiiiiiile. :wink:

I guess you knew from the very beginnung that it was the AAR (clearly deducable from Brok's posting history). But supposed you didn't (admitted, a rather stupid assumption), did you know that your baby can sound this way?
nick at artsacoustic wrote: sadly we were/are so busy since months, that we were not able to get along with the usual stuff :)
but that will change soon. ;)
Nachtigall ick hör dir trapsen - I guess, it's much to early for any appetizer. :wink:

cheers,
LiteOn

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

... but the truth: it was a "Krombacher" (still no weather for a Hefeweizen....).

It was/is a very instructive thread. This is the sort of stuff that makes such forums so helpful.

I would like to see more such threads

I am happy with the AA Reverb. I am no expert sound engineer, but I have a good ear for what I like and subtle differences are a big deal to me. It will still be a while before I would declare myself proficient using the AAR but I get results that I am happy with on a variety of material. Sometimes I have not liked how it sounded in a particular circumstance but the more I use it, the more I am able to get pleasing results when at first I didn't think it was suited.

I have not yet found the modulation control much to my liking. I would like that to create more a sense of fluid movement and less chorusy than it is now. When I use it, I do not really hear much, until when I hear it and then it is too much.

pdxindy,
how could i miss this post? sorry.
I have not yet found the modulation control much to my liking. I would like that to create more a sense of fluid movement and less chorusy than it is now. When I use it, I do not really hear much, until when I hear it and then it is too much.
try to set the modulation between 15 and 30.
the sound that you want to apply the reverb to is very important.
some sounds (like an acoustic guitar or a piano) don't like too much modulation, while others (vocals, synths, drums) can greatly benefit from modulation. i had situations where i aplied 35% modulation to a particular sound and it was just what the mix needed. the trick is to not use one modulated reverb in a mix, but 2 or 3 different ones, with completeley different settings, with _and_ without (or a lot less) modulation.
based on the timestructure of a song and where you place the different reverbed sounds on the timeline, that's something that worked for me in most situations.

Hey Nick-

I wrote you a while back but didn't get any response, I was wondering if you offer academic /edu pricing on the AAR? If so, can you pm me on the details and what it would be if available?

THANKS and love the product

oops? i must have missed thatone, sorry.
check your pm.

Hi Nick,

I sent you an email asking about Acd/edu pricing but didn't get a response. Can you PM me?

Thanks,
Daniel
Hear me at http://www.ShofarMusic.com

See me at http://www.DanielNevels.com
M.M.C., C.E.A

oops, sorry? thatone must have lost it's way.
check your pm.

i'd like to hear your response to that. do you have academic/educational versions/discounts?

regards

Return to “Arts Acoustic”