Synthi AKS Now Available for EXS24

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally, Synthi AKS is released for EXS24..

Synthi Webpage

There's a free update for existing users Here

If you're a Logic user, check it out!
Last edited by soniccouture on Wed May 16, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I got kinda excited, but then I saw it costs money - not excited any more :?

sorry, we have to make a living..

These days, a VCS-3 or Synthi A can cost four thousand bucks or more on the used market. I'd say this set is a bargain at 45 UKP!
(they can't possibly have figured the hours of tuning the hardware into that price! :hihi:)

Those demos sound awesome. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if I didn't own a VCS-3, I'd be all over this. soniccouture has really captured the character of this rare and wonderful machine.
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Scot, you could give me your VCS-3. Then you'd be able to take advantage of this bargain. Isn't that noble of me?

Meffy wrote:Scot, you could give me your VCS-3. Then you'd be able to take advantage of this bargain. Isn't that noble of me?
Now, why didn't I think of that! Think of all of the time I'd save tuning the damned thing! It's an adventure, no doubt about that. I keep my pins marked so I can remember which ones I use to pitch the oscillators from the voltage inputs. If I use the wrong pin, the tuning is completely different (even pins of the same color, and therefore, supposedly the same tolerance). And even if I only want to use a single oscillator, i still have to patch a specific pin to osc 2, because the voltage input changes if no pin is in. Even then, that only gets me in the ballpark. Not only do you have to constantly tune the oscs, but also the input voltages that they respond to. Ack. Don't even ask about the hoops I leap through to make sure the keyboard's built in osc is in tune with the others. My hat's off to these guys. I can imagine the work that they did to get a gig of samples from theirs... :shock:
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Yah, know what you mean. I have enough trouble just getting the same sound twice from my little Prodigy.

actually, a Synthi AKS sold on ebay UK this week for $7000 dollars..

and yeah, there was alot of tuning invoved. we re-tuned patches after every few keys sampled!

=o.O= Holy mackerel, sacred fish of KVR! Even sampling synths can be a massive undertaking.

soniccouture wrote:sorry, we have to make a living..
so GET A REAL JOB!

Sounds really great and the price seems ok too, except that I don't really want to use those synth loops and the rest - 25 instruments and 25 fx sounds - constitutes just 50 patches. Having said that, if they're all useable... how much can you alter these patches? Do you use the Kontakt2 filters (or can you at least add them yourself in Kontakt2)? In any case, sounds like a quality product.
"...Everything we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream."
MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/MarcJX8P
Virb: http://www.virb.com/marcjx8p

Marc JX8P wrote:Sounds really great and the price seems ok too, except that I don't really want to use those synth loops and the rest - 25 instruments and 25 fx sounds - constitutes just 50 patches. Having said that, if they're all useable... how much can you alter these patches? Do you use the Kontakt2 filters (or can you at least add them yourself in Kontakt2)? In any case, sounds like a quality product.
Hi,
In fact it's not 25 FX sounds, there are 25 FX instruments - each one is a collection of FX sounds of a similar type - so, for example, there is a set of insect-like sounds, a set of vintage laser guns, a set of sonar-like sounds, etc etc. Each set of sounds is mapped across the keyboard, with about 5 -10 sounds per instrument.

The Multi-sampled instruments are huge - the ring-mod voices sample every note, and the loops are left nice and long, so each instrument is pretty large. The Kontakt instruments are programmed with full filter and EG knobs, as well as the Spring reverb send, so they are all pretty flexible.

Let me know if there's anything else i can help you with.

James

One last question: is there a list of all the instruments with maybe a category description such as lead or pad?
"...Everything we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream."
MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/MarcJX8P
Virb: http://www.virb.com/marcjx8p

I'm afraid not, Marc. There aren't any pads, though, as it's monophonic! it's mostly leads and bass and effects sounds, and general uncategorisable noises!

Return to “Soniccouture”