Sylenth1 disappeared from cubase 4

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Until yesterday everything worked fine; I'm a satisfied user of Sylent 1.2 who was and still is amazed with it's quality of sound (can't beat the dutch :hihi: ). I use Sylenth within my VST setup of Cubase Studio 4. Today it has disappeared from my active plugin list where it still was yesterday. After several re-installments it is visible in my available VST plugin list, but it won't load up in any way (while all my other VSTI do). Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Hi Mitchl,

Search your VSTPlugins folder for Sylenth1, you might have several instances installed in different folders. That could confuse Cubase because they all have the same ID. Delete every file and folder related to Sylenth1 and then re-install it.

Hi Lennard,

I hopefully wished you were right, but unfortunately there's only one sylenth1.dll in my plugin folder. Again I removed every file and folder and re-installed Sylenth1 but the same error occured; no startup in cubase

Have you tried using an empty VSTPlugins folder, with only Sylenth1 in it?

After some deeper investigation I finally found the solution. After I found out that sylenth1 appeared in the Vst2xBlacklist.xml file of the Cubase profile, I deleted this file along with the Vst2xPlugins.xml list. Cubase than re-groups it's vst plugins and then I discovered that due to an high level of my firewall Cubase would not activate Sylenth1. I'm talking about DEP (data execution prevention) that (as a test) was restricted for Cubase yesterday. After I unrestricted DEP for Cubase, Sylent1 re-appeared in my new VSTplugin list and loads up again. Hope this is a lesson for all users out there; when you activate DEP for Cubase, Sylenth1 won't work anymore. Thanks for your support Lennard.

Thanks for reporting, that makes sense. DEP should indeed not be activated on programs running Sylenth1 as a plugin.

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, you can check the Windows DEP settings as follows:

Click Start -> Run and type: sysdm.cpl
Then go to Advanced -> Performance -> Settings -> Data Execution Prevention and make sure that it is set to: "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"

actually it's a cubase 4 bug that sometimes even when a synth has NOT been blacklisted the vst2plugins xml file must be deleted. It's weird. It took me AGES to get sampletank 2 to be recognized after i moved it to another subfolder.

My DEP is deactivated globally with the "AlwaysOff" switch.

Return to “LennarDigital”