For those who Dare - My Music Site (ManyTone)

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys

Well, I finally released some music for you to hear.
Some old, some new ...mostly older.

Please take a moment to check out my place to post crap. Includes a bit of a blog and a plea for Pants.
http://www.paulmartinbrown.com
;-)

The Perseids Meteor shower inspired me to get this live. (Which so happens to be Tonight .... Aug 11th, 2008) My full Perseids album is there as well as some other goodies.
Would love to hear from those who take the time.

Cheers
Paul
Last edited by manytone on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excellent. I like the "Goodbye" collaboration.

buscemi wrote:Excellent. I like the "Goodbye" collaboration.
That was quick, Thanks buscemi... I love that track and it never had a home till now. That's why I included it there.
It's late here, so time for me to retire.
Looking forward to the meteor shower tomorrow night (for me... or perhaps tonight depending where you are in the world).

Hope to hear from others who may enjoy this stuff.
Paul

Well, I started with Goodbye, after the comment above, the first thing that came into my mind was Neil Young, the voice, possibly some of the phrasing, it just reminded me of Neil Young, not that I am a NY fan or anything, I don't even own any of his work, but of course as most people, I am well aware of him. (there is also some Peter Garrett, front man of Midnight Oil going on in Well Of Creation and others) Anyway, if that is you singing on Goodbye, and all of the tracks of 'Undone - I have Become', what can I say, you have a voice that would be at home on commercial CD's, radio, whatever, not talking about technical ability or anything, not that you don't have that, but just the raw sound, the tone. the timbre, feeling, whatever it is, you seem to have it. And for the song Goodbye itself, it's quite good, very well done all around.

'Undone - I Have Become', now let me say at the start, I am in my mid 40's, basically into hard/heavy rock, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, stuff like that, although I do have a wider taste, the hard/heavy stuff is where I'm at, and have been as long as I can remember. When I read "DESCRIPTION - Various collection of Rock oriented material" I had a completely different expectations as to what was to come with 'Undone - I Have Become' than what was actually delivered, I wouldn't have given you 10 cents for that type of thing. However after listening to it, I would have no problem accepting that what I was listening to was coming from some commercial CD, it was absolutely awesome, I don't know what it is, the mood/feeling, what ever, the whole package is just so well done, and the voice, it's great, if I had made that, I would be walking around with a permanent smile on my dial a mile wide. I don't know if you are basically responsible for the whole project, but if you are, I'm sure you must be aware of this, but you have some serious talent, not only with your voice, and your song writing, but in your production abilities, I would say you may also have, or have access to some pretty cool gear. On that point, would you care to give a run down on the equipment that you use in the production of this? Drums, instruments, effects, recording gear etc,etc, I would love to see it. I look forward to hear more tracks when you get them done, oh and Fork, it doesn't really belong with those other songs on 'Undone', not that there is anything wrong with it, there isn't, to me it just doesn't belong with them, seems out of place. [Edit] Actually I might be changing my mind on Fork, it may fit after all.

I'll get around to listening to the rest, although I must admit the descriptions 'GENRE - Ambient - Space Oriented Synthesizer Instrumental' and 'GENRE - Electronic Instrumental - Various Styles' is a bit scary, but I will get there, after the quality of the other stuff, I'm sure it can't be to bad, even for an old banger like myself ;)

A question about 'Perseids', are you also into Astronomy in way?

Thanks for sharing your music with us, it has inspired me, whatever the style of Undone - I have Become is, I love it, excellent.

Now wake up so you can send me my links to the Fretless bass and the Acoustic Bass please ;)

the stuff you did with Krim is the best :hihi:

have to check 'goodbye' cos im sure i did something on that, maybe lyrics? dunno...anyway, good to have some of ya tunes up to listen to 8)

jinotsuh
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and reply!

I did most of the writing and all of the singing, except for on Goodbye. That song is sung by SJdigriz. I am however singing the background vocals on that track. Donkey Tugger was the one who pulled the Goodbye track together.

For the whole Undone Album it is me singing it all. You'll notice I am a bit darker sounding than SJ ;-)

The tracks Medicate and Undone I have become, were wrote with Kriminal. He also did some drums and a few synths in those songs.
I'll post Undone asap.

The tracks Shadow of the City and Well of Creation, feature the Lyrics of the powerful Remco - Emerald Tablet here at KVR. His Lyrics just fit the songs I had wrote. It was weird ;-)

Topmodern Girl was a collab with Donkey Tugger. He sent a small idea to me and I just had fun with it.

I still need to add the Liner notes to the Undone - I Have Become section, to credit those above that contributed.

Overall though the Album is mostly, written and produced by me.
Nothin' fancy for equipment either ... The vocals were done through a Rode NT1. Most of the music is done in Orion and or Sonar. Nothing fancy for Synths or Piano sounds etc. Just whatever VST sounded good. In fact half the time I can't believe myself what comes out of me, as I too, like you, am 43 years old and grew up to Sabbath, Maiden and all the rest of the Metal bands. Even played in a Metal band when I was younger. Yet the music that comes out of me is different.

Cheers and again thanks for the Awesome comments... You put that big smile on my face today!
Paul
Last edited by manytone on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No tune about Remco and the sock, Paul? :(
:hihi:

It's about time you got some stuff up. I'll check it out when I have more time...

ew
A spectral heretic...

Kriminal wrote:the stuff you did with Krim is the best :hihi:

have to check 'goodbye' cos im sure i did something on that, maybe lyrics? dunno...anyway, good to have some of ya tunes up to listen to 8)
Hey Krim... SJdigriz wrote the Goodbye Lyrics. It's actually the track Undone - I have Become that you and I collaborated on the Lyrics and the Music. If I recall ...you sent me a Bit of a song, I then found some Lyrics that you had posted elsewhere and they fit your own song. LOL... I then wrote the chorus and mixed it all together. Funny how that one went. I am just remixing it now as the original version I released is not a good mix at all. I'll have a better mix soon and it will be posted next. Oddly enough I chose this tune for the album title too, it just fit as a lot of this material is sort of Undone Raw stuff.
ew wrote:No tune about Remco and the sock, Paul? :(
:hihi:

It's about time you got some stuff up. I'll check it out when I have more time...

ew
LOL - I am going to post that in the Bits and Bops section next update.... I'll be sure to have a NSFW comment there (Not Safe For Work).

Hope there's something there that you have not heard.

I also just noticed that a couple of the mp3's I posted are the 128 version. I'll try and update them to better quality mp3 rips soon and post here when I do.
Cheers
Paul
Last edited by manytone on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Guys
I just uploaded the title track, Undone - I have Become.

I also put Sock at the bottom of the Music Page and added all Credits etc.

You may have to hit refresh if you were at the site recently.

jinotsuh - I hope you like Undone as much as the other tracks. I think you'll find that one fits the Album ;-)

More to come when I get some time. Please have a listen to what's there.

Cheers
Paul

ah yes, its all coming back to me now...long time ago...

dl new mix, cheers 8)

Return to “Manytone Music”