Zebra Noise Problem

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm still on Sonar 7 PE so maybe that's why I didn't experience any problem here. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Any word on this one Urs? I Know yer busy like...

red37 wrote:Any word on this one Urs? I Know yer busy like...
I've just looked into it and there's indeed something that might be causing this. I'll run a few tests (probably not before tomorrow) and see what's happening then... I'll post it here if my suspicion is right and then we'll know if it's it or not.

Cheers,

;) Urs

Not sure if this is related but I recently installed XP on my mac via bootcamp to try out samplitude. In samplitude zebra gives a distorded sound in the right channel. This is with the asio driver of the NI session i/o card. When I use Magix's asio driver zebra is not distorded. This lead me to believe the problem is with the NI driver but I checked other synths and they do not have this problem with the NI driver.

Mans wrote:Not sure if this is related but I recently installed XP on my mac via bootcamp to try out samplitude. In samplitude zebra gives a distorded sound in the right channel. This is with the asio driver of the NI session i/o card. When I use Magix's asio driver zebra is not distorded. This lead me to believe the problem is with the NI driver but I checked other synths and they do not have this problem with the NI driver.
That's interesting!

I've been trying to nail this over and over, but maybe I've been looking at the wrong portion of code...

At what buffer size are you running it in each configuration?

Urs wrote:
Mans wrote:Not sure if this is related but I recently installed XP on my mac via bootcamp to try out samplitude. In samplitude zebra gives a distorded sound in the right channel. This is with the asio driver of the NI session i/o card. When I use Magix's asio driver zebra is not distorded. This lead me to believe the problem is with the NI driver but I checked other synths and they do not have this problem with the NI driver.
That's interesting!

I've been trying to nail this over and over, but maybe I've been looking at the wrong portion of code...

At what buffer size are you running it in each configuration?
I'll post the settings this evening.

Ok here's what I tried:

Magix driver:

64 samples --> only sound in left channel with frequent crackling

96 samples --> left channel ok, right channel heavily distorted

128 samples and up --> both channels ok

With the NI driver there is distortion in the right channel even @ 2904 samples and the distortion gets heavier the lower the buffer.

Hope this helps.

Very interesting find!

I think this will steer me into the right direction...

I'll check it out!

Thanks,

;) Urs

Return to “u-he”