Shreddage X preview demo (Pendulum w/ In Flames - Self Vs Self)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As the topic says, here's a preview of Shreddage X for your listening pleasure. The original song is "Self Vs Self" from the Pendulum album Immersion. This demo features several new features of the library, including true Bb tuning (as opposed to stretched tuning, as in the original), per-note recorded vibrato and an all-new 'hard pick' articulation recorded JUST for aggressive, short sustained notes!

Check it out here: http://www.zirconstudios.com/music/wips ... f_rev7.mp3

And here's the original clip for comparison:

http://zirconstudios.com/music/wips/self_orig.mp3 (Full song on YouTube)

Hope you enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed making it :)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

It sounds incredible! Very nicely done, as always.

So, when do we get to play around with Shreddage X? I've marked my calendar for March 15th since that's the last date I remember hearing about the matter.

Thanks :) We might still make the March 15th date but we might release a little later in the week, depending on how things go. The legato + portamento scripting sounds great now, it's just a matter of checking for last-minute bugs and creating a logo & page on our website.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Don't worry about it man! Just do your thing, and I'll be happy if I get to play with it on weekend :)

The staccato lead parts aren't convincing on the release of the note, are they triggering a release sample there? It sounds a little like they just have a quick fade; in reality muting a fat, heavily distorted string is more like closing a low pass filter, at least to my ears and a string doesn't deaden quickly at all. Very interested in this for quickly throwing ideas together though, I'm more of a keyboard than guitar player.

I always think it'd help convince people of a library like this if the demos were fully re-amped rather than run through a sim but I guess that's not what most of your customers would do. Still it'd be cool to hear this through a real amp and cab :)

Thanks for the comments; believe me, I spent quite a while analyzing those lead parts! When I first started mocking it up, I did find that having any release fade at all was very unrealistic, so I completely removed it (using the ADR controls on our UI). I compared the dry audio of the mocked up lead to a live recorded part played by my guitarist to match it as close as possible. The demo also does use release samples for the strings being manually muted. That's something you can mix to taste. I might have mixed it too low in this case, or perhaps the signal chain is such that it's not really obvious. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a master of signal chain stuff! Either way, I agree 100% that you need those samples for open string staccatos to sound good (we had them in the original library version too.)

Anyway, with regards to re-amping, we could probably do that without much difficulty, but the issue would be the one you brought up... most people don't have access to an awesome stack at home. That being said, we'll have some new demos soon from people who have more amp sims (and better amp sim knowledge) than I do. This demo just used Guitar Rig 4 which, I think most would agree, isn't the absolute best for hi-gain.

So if I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on Shreddage, should I hold off until the X version, or is there some kind of included upgrade?

Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

From what I understand, the total cost will be about $70 no matter how you get it. You can get the original now for $50 then get the expansion for $20 when it comes out, or if you wait until the expansion is out you can get the total combined package for $70.

Yep - that's correct. No penalty for getting the original now. :-)

Also, I made a little mistake in my earlier post. I said we had hard stop release samples before, which we do. But we didn't have them for hard-picked single notes. So, we just recorded them and put 'em in. (This is how half our features happen.)

BERFAB wrote:So if I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on Shreddage, should I hold off until the X version, or is there some kind of included upgrade?

Thanks
-B
Pull it. I love Shreddage... with very little twiddling I was laying down parts that sounded great. And I'm *terrible* at fully using multis/invoking various articulations in Kontakt 4. I'm not a keyboardist by training so a lot of sample libraries tend to 'overwhelm' me with options. With Shreddage, I found some sounds I liked, played a little, edited the midi a little in the piano roll (naturalizing velocities, etc) and it sounded great.

With a lot of other guitar libraries I've heard, they do an adequate job of laying down a temp demo backing track, but with Shreddage I've been able to finalize a lot of parts I would generally have to wait for my IRL guitarist to record. Now, I just use him as my solo mule. :D With Sheddage X, I may be able to ditch the human guitarist for good. :P

I can't recommend Shreddage enough.

zircon wrote:Also, I made a little mistake in my earlier post. I said we had hard stop release samples before, which we do. But we didn't have them for hard-picked single notes. So, we just recorded them and put 'em in. (This is how half our features happen.)
Heh, good work! Thanks for the response and good luck with the launch, seems to me this should be a no-brainer for a lot of jobbing composers.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”